Sign in to follow this  
Jumbaliah

is this game dead already?

Haven't been around lately, waiting for more patches, so i gave it a 2 or 3 month break. Expecting to find working zombies and more guns I was severely disappointed. Doesn't seem like there has been any progress at all actually. Server pops seem low and the community is turning into hostile teenage girls. If anyone has played other games (first one that comes to mind for me is SMNC) that have been abandoned by the devs it seems as though this game is already going in the same direction. 

Before i get the "its alpherrrr" i understand. Just looking for some insight.

• Like 1

No, its not dead. Quite many just returns when vehicles come or something what they want. Hunting is what I wanted, have been playing quite alot now.

• Like 6

My main concern is the zombies, this is a zombie game after all. I don't care how many buggy "features" they implement until the zombies are fixed...one or two bugged out zombies in a town is unacceptable. Is this game so limited by its engine that the zombies will never work? Or is there hope in that area?

• Like 1

Yep, it's dead.  There is no point visiting the forum and opening threads anymore.

• Like 1

No, its not dead. Quite many just returns when vehicles come or something what they want. Hunting is what I wanted, have been playing quite alot now.

Good point. Hopefully vehicles will make a change for the better. As in not flipping and blowing up my quad when going over small bumps like the mod. 

As far as the "hunting" it seems pretty basic to me. I slapped a cow with a farming hoe, it died, and then i cut it up with a kitchen knife. Things like this worry me. (For those that don't understand, you can't kill a cow with a hoe nor slice it up with a kitchen knife.)

• Like 1

Hello there

I think you need to read this.

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/

Hope it helps

Rgds

LoK

Thanks! ill be sure to stay tuned into this. Like i said the zombies are my main concern and all i really care about. I've read that "challenge and saga of zombie pathfinding" article before and it does give me some hope at the least. 

Good point. Hopefully vehicles will make a change for the better. As in not flipping and blowing up my quad when going over small bumps like the mod. 

As far as the "hunting" it seems pretty basic to me. I slapped a cow with a farming hoe, it died, and then i cut it up with a kitchen knife. Things like this worry me. (For those that don't understand, you can't kill a cow with a hoe nor slice it up with a kitchen knife.)

Ya what are they thinking , in fact you should just get poisonous meat I mean where has that hoe been? Did you even wash your hands not to mention that gross kitchen knife? Wheres the butchers table and a sanitary space to do this in, lets not even mention stuffing raw meat in your pants 8P

Edited by tiadashi

Haven't been around lately, waiting for more patches, so i gave it a 2 or 3 month break. Expecting to find working zombies and more guns I was severely disappointed. Doesn't seem like there has been any progress at all actually. Server pops seem low and the community is turning into hostile teenage girls. If anyone has played other games (first one that comes to mind for me is SMNC) that have been abandoned by the devs it seems as though this game is already going in the same direction.

Were you born yesterday by chance? The devs are still releasing updates AND so many people are still playing the game therefore the game isn't dead. Try waking up before posting please.

BTW its alpheeeer.

Good point. Hopefully vehicles will make a change for the better. As in not flipping and blowing up my quad when going over small bumps like the mod

Atvs were so backwards, Id ride down green mountain full speed and get airborne like a boss. Hell, one time I hit a gyro takin off in the air and killed it XD

But then I ride over a bridge and all hell breaks loose...

• Like 2

Been having a blast lately testing out fishing, hunting, looking for crashed heli, changing apparel/gear/clothes around. Not playing quite as much as I want to, but still, for an alpha, DayZ gives me great enjoyment!! B)

To each his own.

Atvs were so backwards, Id ride down green mountain full speed and get airborne like a boss. Hell, one time I hit a gyro takin off in the air and killed it XD

But then I ride over a bridge and all hell breaks loose...

ATV - All Terrian Vechicle, except bridges

I wouldn't say dead but I think it might die.

That or they'll sloppily finish it and never bother with it again, they have more than enough money to go make a better game now which they probably want to.

By the time this game is finished there will be plenty of games that take away it's fanbase, the servers will probably be ghost towns.

Especially if some of the better mods make their own standalones or people do ones with ARMA 3 or 4 if they make that.

By the time they finish DayZ better games will be out or on the way so while people will always play it it won't be what it was aimed to be.

• Like 1

I wouldn't say dead but I think it might die.

That or they'll sloppily finish it and never bother with it again, they have more than enough money to go make a better game now which they probably want to.

By the time this game is finished there will be plenty of games that take away it's fanbase, the servers will probably be ghost towns.

Especially if some of the better mods make their own standalones or people do ones with ARMA 3 or 4 if they make that.

By the time they finish DayZ better games will be out or on the way so while people will always play it it won't be what it was aimed to be.

As much as I like DayZ and I would like it to be succesfull game...

Rocket is abandoming ship this year, just sayin.

Yeah and I doubt it will even be close to finished before he goes.

If another game starts getting put on standalone with fast, consistent updates and a dev team involved with the community, DayZ will be left in the dust. They can look at everything this team does wrong and do the opposite.

DayZ will just be the trend setter essentially.

Well in all honesty there's no reason for him to stick around when it's done (which is what he said he was doing, game will be in a full release state, I'll move on and leave the team to polish shit up and bug fixing.) Personally I don't think the game will be done by the end of the year so he'll probably still be around by then.

ATV - All Terrian Vechicle, except bridges

Put a bambie in his first gyro being plowed as I play dexters Surprise Muthafucka on my soundboard in direct, and thats me XD

They need to call them ATVEBs

if youre looking for insight, why dont you just ask for insight instead of stating negative comments about the community, stating that there has been no progress, and stating that you think the devs will abandon dayz.

i think you made a lot of thoughtless generalizations, just a negative , useless topic really in my view

Game is not dead but I will say the interest in the game is dying as a whole.

This can be seen the slowing down of activity in this forum and on the subreddit.

This is probably all gameplay related and not content related. As the game gets more finished interest will probably increase again.

• Like 1

It's not dead yet, but it will die soon, because Rocket said it will be a game for only a small part of the community and not a game that for the crowed. It wil be a game for the 1% of the community,a game  for those who will accept every stupid decision Rockets makes.

Don't listen to fanboys to tell you to go away, it's their new tactic, since they can't use "it's alpha" anymore. You see they have defended this game for so long, and any suggestions by others was attacked and criticised heavily, by both fanboys and forum moderators. It's hard for them to admit they were wrong. New engine was suggested by few of us and was ridiculed, few weeks later new engine was announced, and it's still hard for them to accept this, hence "go away" comments.

No this game isn't dead, it was delayed because the engine, new engine is being written, so hopefully by the end of the year we have a much better alpha. Stay, enjoy and have fun

Game is not dead but I will say the interest in the game is dying as a whole.

This can be seen the slowing down of activity in this forum and on the subreddit.

This is probably all gameplay related and not content related. As the game gets more finished interest will probably increase again.

I concur with this. Over 500 hours in, and havent touched it in 2 months, having moved on to breaking point mod for now. BP has more weapons, vehicles, better medical, and runs on a much more polished engine. not to say it doesnt have its share of issues, but right now it is more entertaining overall. when more content is added and zombies are fixed, many of us will return to see how it has panned out.