• tents
    • the new textures
    • teddy bears as containers
    • gorka mil. upper body part
    • new rabbit
    • mackerels
    • rabbit snares
    • ehhh *shrug*

The problem with .50 cal snipe you from 1.5 klicks away is there is little to no fun counter-play to be had with them. I cannot see having fun or being able to utilize a fun workable strategy against a guy sniping me from over a klick away. Maybe if such a powerful sniper required a spotter, but I don't see how that'd be a possible mechanic to work in.

Can we not have an SMG which fires mackerel?

No.

I am actually excited about the mackerel though. It solves certain problems for my character. The only issue is bait and equipment...

So apparently the files suggest that the MP5K will have multiple stocks and handguards/grips. Likewise, there are separate files for the MP5 and MP5K which isn't necessarily meaningful, as it could just be legacy files.

And somebody's working on SMERSH gear, neato! Not entirely sure it'll be that aesthetically different from the UK vest we've got now, but the more the merrier.

And there are apparently files for a PEQ-2 on the books.

j3iTh1c.png

Edited by Katana67

So apparently the files suggest that the MP5K will have multiple stocks and handguards/grips. Likewise, there are separate files for the MP5 and MP5K which isn't necessarily meaningful, as it could just be legacy files.

And somebody's working on SMERSH gear, neato! Not entirely sure it'll be that aesthetically different from the UK vest we've got now, but the more the merrier.

And there are apparently files for a PEQ-2 on the books.

j3iTh1c.png

I wonder what possible gameplay purpose the peq2 could have in dayz ?

I really do not see them giving it is real life properties unless the peq2 is merely a cosmetic device.

I wonder what possible gameplay purpose the peq2 could have in dayz ?

I really do not see them giving it is real life properties unless the peq2 is merely a cosmetic device.

PEQ2+M4+NVG... that is what it will be for. 

• Like 1

Oh, and there's also frag grenades in-game now on experimental. Pretty rad.

And the plate carrier (which was on file before) and a new "vest holster" (which I suspect will be some kind of crossdraw) is on file.

Edited by Katana67

Oh, and there's also frag grenades in-game now on experimental. Pretty rad.

Yea finally EXPLOSIVES.

I hope they are a big recipe for crafting. Once persistant objects are introduced I want to see some grenade based booby traps.

rsz_grenade_trap_4705.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

LOVE-U-HATE-U-GRENADE-booby-trap.jpg

Video of the grenade explosion in game.

Woa that is not realistic but I really dig the realistic need to prep a nade before throwing it.

No Cod one button quick throw grenade system here. Everything is thoroughly thought out before hand and less chances of accidentally killing your entire group with an accidental missclick.

Edited by gibonez

Yea finally EXPLOSIVES.

I hope they are a big recipe for crafting. Once persistant objects are introduced I want to see some grenade based booby traps.

Woa that is not realistic but I really dig the realistic need to prep a nade before throwing it.

No Cod one button quick throw grenade system here. Everything is thoroughly thought out before hand and less chances of accidentally killing your entire group with an accidental missclick.

I think you're in luck for explosive booby traps. They have (at least) two types of improvised grenade models, so we might be able to use them in different ways.

And this new grenade system is great. Clearing rooms is going to be great, although I'm not sure i'd want to yet (right now it'd be good for clearing an entire building, and another 8 city blocks)

I think you're in luck for explosive booby traps. They have (at least) two types of improvised grenade models, so we might be able to use them in different ways.

And this new grenade system is great. Clearing rooms is going to be great, although I'm not sure i'd want to yet (right now it'd be good for clearing an entire building, and another 8 city blocks)

Fingers crossed that throwing nades is intuitive and accurate this time around.

to this day is the best system ive ever seen.

Edited by gibonez

Old boar looks really ugly also they should add some proper sniper gun like barret 50cal. I want see 50cal. ammo in game I had enaugh to see weak guns give me powerrr. B)

Lol, you think a 7.62x51mm is weak? Funny. That thing will blow your leg off. And 50cal. is mainly an Anti-Material round, and without vehicles, that's useless. A 7.62 typically will work better against players than a 50cal. If they do add a 50cal. (Which I hope they don't) It will be used for taking out vehicles mainly.

Lol, you think a 7.62x51mm is weak? Funny. That thing will blow your leg off.

No it wont.

A 7.62 typically will work better against players than a 50cal.

Lol once again no.

What are you going to say next a shruiken is 100x more deadlier than a 9mm bullet ?

No it wont.

Lol once again no.

What are you going to say next a shruiken is 100x more deadlier than a 9mm bullet ?

Well. What I mean is, a 7.62 is gonna kill you waist up almost everytime, as will a .50cal. Correct, right? Thing is, 7.62 ammo is cheaper, easier to get a hold of, and quieter. Which means it will work more effectively. Also, a shuriken wielded by a ninja is 1000x more deadly than a 9mm bullet. >:)

Well. What I mean is, a 7.62 is gonna kill you waist up almost everytime, as will a .50cal. Correct, right? Thing is, 7.62 ammo is cheaper, easier to get a hold of, and quieter. Which means it will work more effectively. Also, a shuriken wielded by a ninja is 1000x more deadly than a 9mm bullet. > :)

heh yea sure it will you know from even the the pelvis up sure but thats not what you said. You said it would blow your leg off :D

Ah . I remember the days of the Mod

Half the juveniles in the game running around with AS50s

shooting everywhere, 5 shots for each zombie

shouting "pew pew" over the sidechat

A bunch of f-you cheerful in-your-face bloody adolescent idiots, bless their little socks

What would the game be without them ?

And I remember all the players who wanted it taken OUT of the game

But what the mass wants, the mass will get.. I guess

And PR9INICHEK has launched a bit of a troll, maybe unintentionally

But the rabbit snare is a great idea

The Teddybear is kind of a giveaway, dontcha think ?

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 1

This game being shitty day by day. They trying to prevent pvp actions they expecting us to kill fuckıng allday stupid zombies. I can see with this patch they increase amount of zombies. When I in balota airstrip over 15 zombies attacked me also its not easy to get nice guns except sks, and handguns. So if they make this shit much more harder only one certain peoples will have nice gun who sitting front of computer allday like fuckıng sick and spending hours for get all nice guns. If I need fuckıng sit on compter alldaylong for get one fuckıng proper gun fuck this game I not playing then.

Edited by BayZ

This game being shitty day by day. They trying to prevent pvp actions they expecting us to kill fuckıng allday stupid zombies. I can see with this patch they increase amount of zombies. When I in balota airstrip over 15 zombies attacked me also its not easy to get nice guns except sks, and handguns. So if they make this shit much more harder only one certain peoples will have nice gun who sitting front of computer allday like fuckıng sick and spending hours for get all nice guns. If I need fuckıng sit on compter alldaylong for get one fuckıng proper gun fuck this game I not playing then.

I heard warz is what you are looking for you can buy guns there too.

• Like 2

And PR9INICHEK has launched a bit of a troll, maybe unintentionally

But the rabbit snare is a great idea

The Teddybear is kind of a giveaway, dontcha think ?

Not sure why you're questioning the credibility of the leak.

Everything there has been discussed/mentioned before by developers as on the track to be implemented, and some of it is already in-game (i.e the Gorka top).

Not sure why you're questioning the credibility of the leak.

Everything there has been discussed/mentioned before by developers as on the track to be implemented, and some of it is already in-game (i.e the Gorka top).

PR9INICHEK is not a developer, he is a talented modder

He is a member of this forum

Why don't you ask him ?

Are you another dude who totally believes we are going to have a One Slot Teddybear in the next patch ?

Hey, maybe we are - ask PR9INICHEK

(and yup, I already asked him)

I'm not the slightest against Teddy Bears in this game, please don't get me wrong.

Probably they could have a melee value.

xx

Edited by pilgrim

Just picked the standalone back up. 

Personally I feel if they introduced night vision aids it should be limited to attachable scopes only, not goggles.

And i have no problem with 50cals, so longs as its bolt action single shot and each round requires its own slot.

I'd almost be tempted to make it iron sights only too, making it impossible for sniping other players, instead make it only practical for anti-vehicle/material.

Edited by foxdie_01

Just picked the standalone back up. 

Personally I feel if they introduced night vision aids it should be limited to attachable scopes only, not goggles.

And i have no problem with 50cals, so longs as its bolt action single shot and each round requires its own slot.

I'd almost be tempted to make it iron sights only too, making it impossible for sniping other players, instead make it only practical for anti-vehicle/material.

There is a weapon for what you want.

500px-OTSWG-PTRD.jpg

Personally, I think grenades, or any type of explosive is pretty pointless.

Combat is clunky and awkward at the best of times, you're realistically not going to easily get good nade hits off. Especially seeing as every player in the game can run faster than Usain Bolt and just charge you down, whilst you spend 18 minutes frantically trying to switch from nades to an M4.

I'm also down with the .50 cal.

Just make sure its regulated. Does anyone remember Americas Army? The .50 in that was perfect. It was very difficult to run with, you couldnt carry that much ammo, hipfiring was pointless as every shot hit the moon, and to be effective, you had to take the time and the place to 'set up' the weapon.

In a 40 player server with a map as big as chernus, i'm still gonna be worried about bumping into 2 or 3 guys with M4's camping a Police station rather than some scrub sat on a hill 1 mile away with a 50.

Edited by Acher0n
  • Like 1

SNARES?!?!?!?!?! SQUEEEEEEE

-ahem-

excuse me. I am looking forward to true bushcraft being possible.

Yes! Snares and new textures on improvised backpacks (use them all the time)

Off topic: pls no 50cal. 

Edited by newberryes
  • Like 1