http://imgur.com/a/mino9

every kind of shit going to be added in next update :D

- pm-63-rak

- flaregun

- tents

- packed tents

- new textures for boars, deers, cows

- rabbit snares

- teddy bears (container with 1 Slot) (omfg :D )

- gorka mil. upper Body part

- new rabbit

- mackerels

- new improvised backpack textures

holy shit. im excited right now.

tell me what you think

rotteck

Edited by rotteck
  • Like 5

Looks pretty nice, that Gorka-E jacket is tasty.

I always thought the PM-63 was the most boring looking thing ever, but the more the merrier!

The tent looks... well... nice. But it's not very camouflage-able. Much less so than the tents we've had in the mod(s). Unless there's some method of camouflaging it, or a different hue available, I doubt it'd be very useful. But all in all, it seems like they're gearing up to implement some sort of persistent items.

Edited by Katana67

tell me what you think !!!

Annoyed submachine gun will most likely be using wrong ammunition. Excited for the mackerel.

• Like 4

Old boar looks really ugly also they should add some proper sniper gun like barret 50cal. I want see 50cal. ammo in game I had enaugh to see weak guns give me powerrr. B)

Edited by BayZ

The tent looks... well... nice. But it's not very camouflage-able. Much less so than the tents we've had in the mod(s).

maybe it will be like with the backpacks, big ones with no camo, and smaller ones with camo

Edited by rotteck

Old boar looks really ugly also they should add some proper sniper gun like barret 50cal. I want see 50cal. ammo in game I had enaugh to see weak guns give me powerrr. B)

same

• Like 13

They should add some proper sniper gun like barret 50cal. I want see 50cal. ammo in game I had enaugh to see weak guns give me powerrr. B)

I prefer "realistic" guns.

Also, if there would be "your" 50cal-sniper-rifle in-game, all other guns would be worth- and useless, because the game would turn into "Call of Sniper: Sniperfield Online" ;)

However, if smth. like this is added, ammo should be even harder to find than the gun itself. ;)

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 10

Also, if there would be "your" 50cal-sniper-rifle in-game, all other guns would be worth- and useless, because the game would turn into "Call of Sniper: Sniperfield Online" ;)

However, if smth. like this is added, ammo should be even harder to find than the gun itself. ;)

Agree, agree, & agree.

• Like 1

Agree, agree, & agree.

and agree

Edited by rotteck
  • Like 1

Not to further contribute to the wholesale derailing of this thread, as part of me thinks you've all been fully trolled by a new poster, there's nothing "unrealistic" about a Barrett. They exist in reality, and can certainly exist (and do, given that they were in ARMA II) in the alternate reality (i.e. fiction) of DayZ.

Anti-materiel rifles are one of those weapon categories that I could take or leave in DayZ. Wouldn't mind if they were implemented, don't mind that they're not (and probably wont be, given very early developer statements which people seem to have forgotten).

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 1

The model for "packed tent" looks a little lacking....jus looks like a green cylinder lol

New animals look cool as....everything looks good lol

Good that we can get different sized tents (well that's a guess from the "medium" bit), hopefully much later they will add military tents. Every shape and size from a 1 man bivvy to a big mill supply tent. Just ones that will blend a bit better :)

Tents though....man been waiting for this....its getting more and more like dayz now :D

Good that we can get different sized tents (well that's a guess from the "medium" bit), hopefully much later they will add military tents. Every shape and size from a 1 man bivvy to a big mill supply tent. Just ones that will blend a bit better :)

i hope too that this will be just the beginning of tents :)

Dunno why (I can see the slight extra detail on the new one) but the old cow model just seems to look a lil better overall to me :s

Dunno why (I can see the slight extra detail on the new one) but the old cow model just seems to look a lil better overall to me :s

Well, for one, high-resolution textures don't seem to have been used on any of the models displayed. Just look at the model of the Gorka-E jacket versus the texture overlay.

Secondly, it doesn't look like any sort of shaders (fuck if I know what all that means, all I know is stuff looks better in-game than in rendering software) have been applied.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 1

Not to further contribute to the wholesale derailing of this thread, as part of me thinks you've all been fully trolled by a new poster, there's nothing "unrealistic" about a Barrett. They exist in reality, and can certainly exist (and do, given that they were in ARMA II) in the alternate reality (i.e. fiction) of DayZ.

Anti-materiel rifles are one of those weapon categories that I could take or leave in DayZ. Wouldn't mind if they were implemented, don't mind that they're not (and probably wont be, given very early developer statements which people seem to have forgotten).

I think it's more of a matter of practicality than realism.

EDIT: I do see your point though, & generally agree. If such high caliber weaponry were introduced into DayZ, I would like to see it become one of the rarer items in game. & I mean rare.

Edited by blunce
  • Like 1

If (and that's a very big IF) they ever add anti-materiel rifles in the game, they surely won't add the barrett m107, it would turn the game into a shitfest. Get us a bolt action .50 cal, super fucking hard to find, with a seperate high powered scope also extremely hard to find, and some even harder to find and scarce .50 cal ammo, and then you can call it fair. I just don't wanna see people running around everywhere with m107's blindfiring them like they are AK's like in the mod. Hell no.

EDIT: I'd much rather like to see ghillie suits implemented first, with the same system as Arma 3: You can wear only the top suit, or you can wear the full wookie-style ghillie suit with the pants and the hood on your head. Would also be cool if you could build it yourself from things you can find in the woods, like leaves and branches. Would add to the realism. And if we could add camouflage to our backpacks, that would be friggin awesome.

Edited by Sequelganja

Also still waiting for a lot of other stuff.

- Improvised Grenades

- Plate Carrier

- Watch

- Modern Compass

- NVG

- 12x Hunting Scope

- GPS

- TAC Goggles

epxMAmL.jpg

ngm14dp.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry, Irish, but I gotta call you out on this one. :u

Barret 50 Cals aren't super overpowered godly weapons that allow players to magically kill everyone on the map with little to no skill. Its a large caliber weapon that is semi-automatic, and the only advantage to the round is that can penetrate shit, hit people really hard, and can take down armored vehicles.

With realistic sniping mechanics including wind, drop, and other cool ballistic stuff, along with an intense rarity surrounding the weapon, there would not be a problem. It would take skill to use the thing and wouldn't be practical at all due to the rarity of the caliber.

Plus, if it was up to me, it wouldn't matter what round your sniper rifle or rifle was chambered in. If you hit somebody in the gut, or the legs, they're going down. Not unconcious, unless they're really low on health / blood, but down. Kinetic Knockdown is a factor only like 0.1% of games account for. No one seems to realize bullets will stumble you, push you around, and put you on the damn ground- Plate or vest or not, its going to knock you around.

Edited by One-Eyed Paulie
  • Like 2

If (and that's a very big IF) they ever add anti-materiel rifles in the game, they surely won't add the barrett m107, it would turn the game into a shitfest. Get us a bolt action .50 cal, super fucking hard to find, with a seperate high powered scope also extremely hard to find, and some even harder to find and scarce .50 cal ammo, and then you can call it fair. I just don't wanna see people running around everywhere with m107's blindfiring them like they are AK's like in the mod. Hell no.

A very big if, so big, that Matt bluntly said way back at E3 2013 (or Gamescom) that anti-materiel rifles wouldn't be in-game.

Out of two years of playing, I never saw anyone come even remotely close to "blind firing" an M107. Ever.

They should be made very rare (which would probably fall under the auspices of their loot management system), prohibitive to use, and difficult to keep going. Other than that, I have no issue with them. Either way, I never said anything about anything being "fair."

Edited by Katana67

Barret 50 Cals aren't super overpowered godly weapons that allow players to magically kill everyone on the map with little to no skill. Its a large caliber weapon that isn't semi-automatic,

You're wrong all around. It is a semi automatic anti-materiel rifle, a magazine contains 10 rounds, and that won't ever be available in the standalone. Sorry if I'm ruining your dreams, but in a realistic zombie apocalypse game, M107's are not around the corner at every gunstore.

• Like 1

Sorry if I'm ruining your dreams, but in a realistic zombie apocalypse game, M107's are not around the corner at every gunstore.

Yup, thread fully derailed.

Thanks BayZ.

A very big if, so big, that Matt bluntly said way back at E3 2013 (or Gamescom) that anti-materiel rifles wouldn't be in-game.

Out of two years of playing, I never saw anyone come even remotely close to "blind firing" an M107. Ever.

They should be made very rare (which would probably fall under the auspices of their loot management system), prohibitive to use, and difficult to keep going. Other than that, I have no issue with them. Either way, I never said anything about anything being "fair."

Why use a 50 cal, anyway?

Rare ammunition, rare gun in general.

I'd much prefer to just use one of my hunting rifles for long-range precision killing. Especially the ones in semi-automatic, as, well, you don't have to pull back the bolt and if your first shot misses, you can respond with another one, and fast.