Acher0n

Anyone elses game unplayable since recent update?

I haven't heard of anyone doing tactical moving across the map. I've made that run to NWAF probably 50 or so times, plus the return trip, and I never move tactically. Haven't you seen all the threads about how to lock the W key with a paperclip or stack of coins? You typically don't get shot when you are making that run, as snipers don't sit in the middle of the wilderness, unless it's near a high pop area. I will slow down and move tactically once I get close to NWAF, but for 98% of the run, it's full speed ahead.

From my expirence, there is no reason whatsoever to stop running full speed ever.

Our characters are blessed with infinite stamina, so keep on sprinting, usually when you stop moving you die.

Actually remembering my deaths, I got shot when I started 'tactically sneaking around' and never ever while sprinting.

Edited by Frosti

I haven't heard of anyone doing tactical moving across the map. I've made that run to NWAF probably 50 or so times, plus the return trip, and I never move tactically. Haven't you seen all the threads about how to lock the W key with a paperclip or stack of coins? You typically don't get shot when you are making that run, as snipers don't sit in the middle of the wilderness, unless it's near a high pop area. I will slow down and move tactically once I get close to NWAF, but for 98% of the run, it's full speed ahead.

yeah as you said youre playing dayz as a running sim, so of course you wont know whats going on around you as you auto sprint across the  map and then  make the "return trip",

were playing a different game man, no running sim here, and no dying either, im assuming you die a lot since youre running to neaf and back over 50 times.

id think the 'move west' game plan was horrible too, if all i did was run across the map and back then die and do it again, which is the opinion you expressed previously, and play style you described .

I just wish servers had more than 40 people. I hardly see anyone.

I started again today, new bambi. Had an empty backpack on me, a dmaged machete and low quality clothes. It's obvious i wasnt worth anyones times.

Saw a newish guy running through a field, being followed by a zombie. I went and punched the zombie to death, tried to make friends and say hello.

Pulled out a magnum and wasted all 6 bullets on me.

I've now decided im never speaking to anyone in this game again. Everyone i see is getting stabbed or shot first.

Edited by Acher0n

off topic here, but i am not playing dayz as a running sim, tactical movement and observation is how to play dayz at its best, even if not playing pvp

Different strokes for different folks. If you aren't PVP'ing, why in the world would you move tactically? Afraid to spook the trees? Also, if you don't PVP, what do you do?

I haven't made the run to NWAF in well over a month. I eventually realized it wasn't worth the effort. I don't need an M4 with every extra. I just need a gun, and another player or two as targets. I am glad you have found inner peace moving in a tactical formation as you migrate around the map, but I can assure you that you are a very small minority in this game. I see a lot of players, and they ALWAYS run full speed. I definitely die from time to time, but I would not want a game where I just sit back and never engage. If you engage enough, you will die. It's going to happen. I wouldn't have it any other way.

wana add again that the crash to desktop is horrible it seems to be getting worse, have validated files, reinstalled driver,

was almost killed earlier when crashed after alerting 2 zombies, crash on exit game or log out is pretty consistent too

Different strokes for different folks. If you aren't PVP'ing, why in the world would you move tactically? Afraid to spook the trees? Also, if you don't PVP, what do you do?

I haven't made the run to NWAF in well over a month. I eventually realized it wasn't worth the effort. I don't need an M4 with every extra. I just need a gun, and another player or two as targets. I am glad you have found inner peace moving in a tactical formation as you migrate around the map, but I can assure you that you are a very small minority in this game. I see a lot of players, and they ALWAYS run full speed. I definitely die from time to time, but I would not want a game where I just sit back and never engage. If you engage enough, you will die. It's going to happen. I wouldn't have it any other way.

i come from project reality and arma and battlefield, i do shoot people,  i dont engage for no reason, i said what i do in game, i move across the map and observe,

i move through environment and try to react . i value character life. make decisions, move through towns, move through anywhere, stay alive, while keeping myself in danger, or sometimes just chilling in the top floor of a block in chapevsk and blaze 1 up, being in the dayz environment, living it, basically just not sprinting around! also only hc and only full server when possible

i posted reply to you to state that i and loads of players are not sprinting across the map, we are not playing the running sim that you think everyone is.

many people play this game on a pretty deep mode, they really get into it, trying to make decisions like they would in real life.  using the environment, exploring and encountering players in towns and woods out west occasionally, not just sprinting into the fight, knowing death will arrive soon, i hope you do get what ive typed, maybe players like my style are in the minority, i would imagine we are,

i dont want to discuss this more (here) cause its really off the original op and i dont like to do that, even we posted loads already

Edited by qww

Firstly the guy above (GWW) who says you shouldn't run in this game is on loony tunes planet, so does he walk the length of the map?  Really?  Anyway if you want to see what the problem is have a look at this 30 sec clip I took, I was running away from a gun fight that I was losing at the airfield (perhaps I should have walked away - I mean it is my own fault that I get rubber banding) - anyway - have a look, the game plays like this constantly and is at times unplayable and broken now - sighhhh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hENj4CsA-C4&feature=youtu.be

QWW is right, the crashing to desktop does blow. From never having a crash to now having multiples per day. I hope we see a post soon saying they understand the problem and are implementing a hotfix. Until then, it's just play and hold your breath so you don't crash when near other players.

Firstly the guy above (GWW) who says you shouldn't run in this game is on loony tunes planet, so does he walk the length of the map?  Really?  Anyway if you want to see what the problem is have a look at this 30 sec clip I took, I was running away from a gun fight that I was losing at the airfield (perhaps I should have walked away - I mean it is my own fault that I get rubber banding) - anyway - have a look, the game plays like this constantly and is at times unplayable and broken now - sighhhh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hENj4CsA-C4&feature=youtu.be

im on looney tunes planet, because i dont sprint around the map, ok man, whatever you reckon. keep sprinting

I have also had my game freeze repeatedly since the update.

Just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Since my last post I have had 1 freeze, 1 ctd during gameplay, 2 ctd upon logout. These only began when I started a hardcore character on a us west "...Gameservers " hosted server.

My regular character is on a g4 us west server. No issues at all.

thats weird i think its only happening to me on hardcore actually, but im in europe. im going on reg later with some friends so i will post again if i crash on there

Could the freeze / ctd have to do with an increased video render demand in 1pp? Happened once when I ran my face deep into a berries bush. "Search for berries? " FREEZE

i guess ist not only on hardcore anyway as playign with 2 friends on various servers on regular tonight we all freezed up and crash to desk top multiple times each, twice 2 of us crashed at exactly same time, also a large fire in the grass near rail bridge at coast factory that made us crash and made the game turn to night time, when approaching fire, after crashing rejoined and was day time again, while its still night for guy who didnt quit server.