I read the wiki page on this new cz 527, and it looks like we have another new long range over sniper/hunting rifle coming. Vary cool! 7.62 hopefully! We also have the bad ass SVD coming too, I really enjoy sharp shooting so this it will be nice to see more options out side of the mosin. Looking forward to it!

Edited by CJFlint

what makes a cz527 so much more accurate than a mosin, is it just a higher quality craftsmanship or more modern? i am not knowledgeable about guns. so i guess a shorter barrel doesnt always mean a loss in accuracy then, right?

Ammo.

The cz 527 is a new production rifle made by CZ a company known within the long range shooting community a having some of the best stock rifles out there.

If you ever held a cz rifle in your hands the only thing you can think of is quality everything from the wood to how good the trigger feels just screams quality.

Meanwhile the mosin nagants you can buy today were hastily assembled without a care in the world they were assembled with miss matching parts, badly fitting parts and in a rush so they could quickly arm front line troops. This along with the horrible quality of soviet era surplus ammo leads to it being super inaccurate the other major factor hurting its accuracy is the huge amount of pressure points on the long long barrel.

Meanwhile the cz 527 has the benefit of firing new production ammo + making a better rifle overall with modern technology and precision machining.

• Like 1

ah right yeah i did wonder is it different ammo after i posted the question, but cheers for that, interesting to know. it does look nice yeah

Rad.

Hopefully it'll be made by Chernaruska Zbrojovka in-game like the CZ75.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 1

Rad.

Probably will not sure why they cannot use the real manufactures or makes for the weapons. I always assumed weapon makers would love if games did that it is free publicity after all.

Could be a winchester m70 as well, note the mauser action, plus some winchesters have iron sights like pic related.

Probably will not sure why they cannot use the real manufactures or makes for the weapons. I always assumed weapon makers would love if games did that it is free publicity after all.

CR527 perhaps?

good overview of the gun really nice gun at a great price.

The walnut stock is lovely too shame it will be ruined by the silly paint mechanic.

I am willing to bet the gun is going to be in 7.62x39.

There are tons of other bolt actions that would work for a .223/5.56 bolt gun but the 7.62x39 bolt guns are quite rare atleast here in the west.

Edited by gibonez

(Oh, and I will also take this opportunity to note the continued presence of the very large Hollywood muzzle flash I always complain about) rw75xYQ.gif

That muzzle flash is not unreasonable.  The issue with Hollywood style is the duration.  Regular rounds make a split second flash.

Don't forget the huge plumes of smoke that come out of the smokeless rounds.

firing the m4 is silly at times.

And smokeless powder makes smoke. Just a lot less than black powder.

Do any of you actually shoot?

• Like 2

That muzzle flash is not unreasonable.  The issue with Hollywood style is the duration.  Regular rounds make a split second flash.

Oh you bad boy

H7ICkcZ.jpg

• Like 1

LOL

Honestly though, anyone who shoots knows that both a muzzle flash and smokey discharge are regular occurrences.  

And using cheap Russian steel case ammo will get you an even better muzzle flash, smoke,  and sometimes sparks thanks to low grade, large grain charcoal!

• Like 1

Who cares? Every god damn "firearm" thread, relating to DayZ mind you always devolves into a "This weapon is really great and behaves like X in real life," or, "Psh, you must not shoot at all because you don't know Y."

This isn't TFB, it's the DayZ forum. Just spouting out a long-winded advertisement for CZ 527's is completely and wholly irrelevant.

Talking about these weapons in real life, as if that's how they'll be in-game 100%, is completely and totally useless.

Now talking about how it'll affect gameplay, that's neat.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 1

In the case of this rifle you might be right, depending on the ammunition. If it lasts only 1 frame at 40 fps that's still anywhere from 4-12x too long, and it's remaining at its maximum size the entire time, in addition to being solid white in colour. They can't reduce the time so they need to reduce the size and appearance: flash is too big.

9k56ZU0.png

b3CrnHc.png

Overall the muzzle flash is highly exaggerated.

Zl0Ww2g.png?1

oRbCEHt.png?1

iWDPfxQAJ1WRg.gif

ibfFv3h0XQp4MY.gif

• Like 1

Ammo.

The cz 527 is a new production rifle made by CZ a company known within the long range shooting community a having some of the best stock rifles out there.

If you ever held a cz rifle in your hands the only thing you can think of is quality everything from the wood to how good the trigger feels just screams quality.

I agree. Pretty much every school shooting team in our state has nothing but CZ's. They're accurate and reasonably priced. I bucked the trend and got a Ruger :P

Rad.

Agree with this. Adds to the lore a bit. Buchta has even discussed in interviews before that the team is interested in expanding to the whole of the canon map, and a CR factory in Kirovograd would be fucking baller.

YAY. Another sniper rifle...

I hate when people classify rifles like that. An M4 would be a better sniper rifle than most "sniper" rifles in the game right now...

In the case of this rifle you might be right, depending on the ammunition. If it lasts only 1 frame at 40 fps that's still anywhere from 4-12x too long, and it's remaining at its maximum size the entire time, in addition to being solid white in colour. They can't reduce the time so they need to reduce the size and appearance: flash is too big.

9k56ZU0.png

b3CrnHc.png

Overall the muzzle flash is highly exaggerated.

Zl0Ww2g.png?1

oRbCEHt.png?1

iWDPfxQAJ1WRg.gif

ibfFv3h0XQp4MY.gif

Is that really so egregiously different as to warrant comment?

• Like 1

Talking about these weapons in real life, as if that's how they'll be in-game 100%, is completely and totally useless.

Now talking about how it'll affect gameplay, that's neat.

Well it would be surely nice if that gun uses correct caliber and behaves somewhat similar to the reality.

I mean why not? Why to come up with some nonsensical behavior, when you can try to reasonably mimic reality?

Ofcourse it is a game, it will never be 100% like reality, even if BI tried hard. Still why forcibly introduce "fantasy" features instead?

Well it would be surely nice if that gun uses correct caliber and behaves somewhat similar to the reality.

I mean why not? Why to come up with some nonsensical behavior, when you can try to reasonably mimic reality?

Ofcourse it is a game, it will never be 100% like reality, even if BI tried hard. Still why forcibly introduce "fantasy" features instead?

That's not what I'm saying.

I'm saying, it is a complete circle jerk to talk about "well the CZ 527 is a weapon of immaculate precision in-real life, here's a CZ fact sheet and some testimonials!" 

As if that should be reflected wholesale in DayZ.

I have no issue with weapons being as realistic as possible, as I believe it supports decent gameplay. But all of these "firearm" threads always start off fun, but then rapidly devolve into pissing contests and commentary on what the weapons are like in real life (often with little or no mention thereafter of DayZ).

• Like 3

Is that really so egregiously different as to warrant comment?

Yes, it is. It's the same for every centrefire gun, when I see it, it looks really wrong and "gamey". It looks pretty much the same as the scenes from First Blood where Rambo's blasting his M60 (caught it on TV the other day). Maybe it's still waiting to be reworked- I sure hope so.

Of course it is a game, it will never be 100% like reality, even if BI tried hard. Still why forcibly introduce "fantasy" features instead?

I'm saying, it is a complete circle jerk to talk about "well the CZ 527 is a weapon of immaculate precision in-real life, here's a CZ fact sheet and some testimonials!"

I don't get it. We've just seen one picture of the thing. It's either using 7.62x39 (probably) or .223. It has no replaceable Magpul parts or railed forends.

Hard to see where they can go wrong with this one unless they're really trying to.

• Like 1

I don't get it. We've just seen one picture of the thing. It's either using 7.62x39 (probably) or .223. It has no replaceable Magpul parts or railed forends.

Hard to see where they can go wrong with this one unless they're really trying to.

They, the developers, aren't going wrong at all! Nor are you, in indicating that the CZ 527 is in-game. Not what I'm saying, again.

I'm saying all the pissing contests that inevitably result from "firearm" threads are silly.

Yea but nowhere I mean nowhere near as much smoke as in dayz.

The only time I ever saw major smoke coming out of a gun I shot was after I quickly emptied one of those tiny draco pistols a friend of mine owns. The barrel itself was not smoking but the handguards must have been burning a little cause that was where the smoke was emanating from.

Yea but nowhere I mean nowhere near as much smoke as in dayz.

The only time I ever saw major smoke coming out of a gun I shot was after I quickly emptied one of those tiny draco pistols a friend of mine owns. The barrel itself was not smoking but the handguards must have been burning a little cause that was where the smoke was emanating from.

Have you fired a lot of Russian steel case?  That stuff is as smokey as anything in the game.

I honestly don't see much of a difference between the real world and the game in terms of smoke or flash.  They may leave the flash up long enough to give a greater effect, but it isn't like Commando or anything.

They may leave the flash up long enough to give a greater effect, but it isn't like Commando or anything.

Check out Commando again, DayZ muzzle flash is actually significantly larger and more noticeable... FF to 1:34 and go from there.