blaskapelle

We need a char reset!

Nearly all of the guys in SA are high geared and they have no need for exploring. They only sit and wait at hot zones.

Making heavy weapons like the M4 rare has no effect because these guys will never drop theirs.

Come on, let us all begin from zero. Then it could be fun again.

• Like 1

umm NO

• Like 6

An then, what? Doing the same stuff over and over again? Nah, a reset will not lead to anything but the same PvP-attitude most players have at the moment.

The only solution would be an improvement of the environment itself and specific ingame rewards for being a good guy, like a hero perk, faster runnning, a light ballistic vest for example. At the moment, your approach on other players does not make any difference for your ingame-character at all.

But then there will be the next huge problem:

DayZ is a social experiment.

Players should be completely free to decide what they do and why they are doing it. This will be, in my opinion, always be a problem with sandbox games with guns in it.

"Educating" players towards a desired play-style does not change their mindset.

Edited by Flaschenkind

But all the M4-desperados will never get another sense in this game but spotting other people. They are so fully geared that they cant even cook some meat.

Lol no. You just sound too butthurt because you never go away from the hot spots. Maybe you should try going to the NWAF or Balota? You could get a M4 of your very own, or better a AKM + 75 drum mag. 

Maybe you should stop running into NEAF and letting them gun you down, or going into berezino where you know they will kill you.

• Like 1

Then grab a squad, stick together and wipe them out. Step #1: Open a thread here, recruting players for a "reset 'dem" - Squad.

DayZ - it's your story. Take responsibility. ;)

• Like 6

You cant get the M4 there anymore, only at the chopper crash sites. 

Lol no. You just sound too butthurt because you never go away from the hot spots. Maybe you should try going to the NWAF or Balota? You could get a M4 of your very own, or better a AKM + 75 drum mag. 

Maybe you should stop running into NEAF and letting them gun you down, or going into berezino where you know they will kill you.

Then grab a squad, stick together and wipe them out. Step #1: Open a thread here, recruting players for a "reset 'dem" - Squad.

DayZ - it's your story. Take responsibility. ;)

The squad name is fantastic  :D. I've got often a M4 but I lost it and my life everytime by a guy who can stay longer then me on a camper spot.

When the M4 guys have no more room in the cities they will come to the forests and hunt us little peasents. Intended metaphor of "no more room in hell"

Edited by Blaskapelle

No. There's absolutely no need for that and it's very discriminating to all those who play for any other reason than yours. I'm "fully geared' like you say, on my reg stable branch character and been all around the map. I'm continuing to travel and explore as I like that. I'm creating camp fires in night time servers. Give extra items to friends and survivors met, and can defend myself. I stopped using coupled mags for the M4 2 months ago, and only carry the classic Stanag 30 mags which I really like and makes me think about the mod.

To each his own on their style of play. This is how I play, and I don't impose it to anyone else. Just because something bothers you, doesn't mean it bothers everyone and the game should be altered to please you, displeasing hundreds of thousands of other players...

• Like 2

Blaskapelle i have two m4's with acogs and plenty of ammo. If you want one for taking care of the peasants then pm me and i can dump one for you. We could even share some boar around the fire if you wish.

Edited by Hetstaine
  • Like 1

Blaskapelle i have two m4's with acogs and plenty of ammo. If you want one for taking care of the peasants then pm me and i can dump one for you. We could even share some boar around the fire if you wish.

Its_a_trap.jpg

Character resets should happen quite regularly not sure why they havent.

We need a game reset for what? Play pvp and you will get a "reset" sooner or later who gives a rats ass on that? If you don´t play pvp learn to avoid players/carefully approach and be fine. It´s not that hard. Resetting would solve nothing for you and it would just "hurt" players that try to survive as long as they can. That fairy tale about "fully geared" players is quite funny though. Let me guess, you think it´s hard to get fully pimped for pvp eh? Usually it takes 2hours to be fully pimped. 

1) Get on a full server 

2) Grab some stuff you find while making your way to the NWA 

3) Kill a geared up player - you will find plenty of them up there - around Stary-Novy-Vybor-NWA

4) Be fully geared and try to not get killed 

• Like 3

Character resets should happen quite regularly not sure why they havent.

In any normal Alpha, yes.  But those are usually exclusive and invites only.

In any normal Alpha, yes.  But those are usually exclusive and invites only.

Why should this alpha be treated any differently ?

If anything wouldn't making concessions that make the game more enjoyable to the testers just make the games development slower ?

Why should this alpha be treated any differently ?

If anything wouldn't making concessions that make the game more enjoyable to the testers just make the games development slower ?

Lol, enjoyable to the testers???  Have you read the forums??  "MY CHARACTER'S BEEN RESET!!!!"  "WTF HAPPENED TO ALL MY GEAR!!!!"

Making heavy weapons like the M4 rare has no effect because these guys will never drop theirs.

So you can't take over Balota with a mosin so you try wipe camping squad with character wipe? C'mon.

No. There's absolutely no need for that and it's very discriminating to all those who play for any other reason than yours. I'm "fully geared' like you say, on my reg stable branch character and been all around the map. I'm continuing to travel and explore as I like that. I'm creating camp fires in night time servers. Give extra items to friends and survivors met, and can defend myself. I stopped using coupled mags for the M4 2 months ago, and only carry the classic Stanag 30 mags which I really like and makes me think about the mod.

To each his own on their style of play. This is how I play, and I don't impose it to anyone else. Just because something bothers you, doesn't mean it bothers everyone and the game should be altered to please you, displeasing hundreds of thousands of other players...

Couldn't agree more, I play regularly with my friends when I'm home from work and thats how we play, help each other out and help out others if they are not a threat.

• Like 1

Nearly all of the guys in SA are high geared and they have no need for exploring. They only sit and wait at hot zones.

Come on, let us all begin from zero. Then it could be fun again.

Nah mate. If you want to reset an M4 guys character, sneak up on him and kill him. Don't force metagame restarts on players who have survived by being careful, just because you don't have the required skill to take them out.

But all the M4-desperados will never get another sense in this game but spotting other people. They are so fully geared that they cant even cook some meat.

Actually, I roll around in the NW quad of the map mostly hunting since the patch, I have a shouldered M4 with a 60 mag loaded and carry a Sporter with a 30 round loaded and 1 spare 30 and an Amphibia with 2 mags. Vest fits pistol and all spare mags. Jacket fits a med kit and canteen, even just the improv backpack is plenty of space for an ammo box and a yellow hardcase with binocs/compass/map. Plenty of leftover space for hunting knife, matches, steaks, pelts, etc.

I'd consider myself about as fully geared as one playing properly and not just PVPing would want to be, and from experience I can honestly say that being fully geared has never once rendered me unable to cook meat. I deserve to lose my character because YOU choose to hang around in PVP hotspots and get shot by M4 cod kids?

Edited by zeeabo

They really should do a wipe, the amount of duping that was going on (and probably still is) is insane.  They've fixed infinite ammo mags, but they're still every where because people just dupe them all.  The only way to get rid of them, is to do a hive wipe.

They should fix duping before the wipe ideally, but let's be real they are never going to be able to fix duping.  It exists in every online game.  So wiping just to get rid of all the infinite ammo mags would be worth it alone.

They really should do a wipe, the amount of duping that was going on (and probably still is) is insane.  They've fixed infinite ammo mags, but they're still every where because people just dupe them all.  The only way to get rid of them, is to do a hive wipe.

They should fix duping before the wipe ideally, but let's be real they are never going to be able to fix duping.  It exists in every online game.  So wiping just to get rid of all the infinite ammo mags would be worth it alone.

As far as I am aware - following the devs on twitter and read their comments in the twitch channels - the duping stuff is gone. They wiped the hive clean from every duped item so there wont be any more duped items. If it´s still possible to do so well, we will get them back but that´s acutally not a big problem imo. People that are duping mags are usually bad at the game so they are no treat. Plus you will just find them on the coast where they "hunt" bambis. With the new patch you can avoid the coast, doing stuff inland or getting to the west of the coast where no spawnpoints are anymore. Learn the map, try to survive inland and you will have a good experience and won´t run into idiots. To me DayZ and DayZ SA always were like running from the coast into the "real game" and there you can start what you want. So all these "hacks/cheats/exploits" are something I barely experienced at all because that is the shit that happens around the spawning locations. 

As far as I am aware - following the devs on twitter and read their comments in the twitch channels - the duping stuff is gone. They wiped the hive clean from every duped item so there wont be any more duped items. If it´s still possible to do so well, we will get them back but that´s acutally not a big problem imo. People that are duping mags are usually bad at the game so they are no treat. Plus you will just find them on the coast where they "hunt" bambis. With the new patch you can avoid the coast, doing stuff inland or getting to the west of the coast where no spawnpoints are anymore. Learn the map, try to survive inland and you will have a good experience and won´t run into idiots. To me DayZ and DayZ SA always were like running from the coast into the "real game" and there you can start what you want. So all these "hacks/cheats/exploits" are something I barely experienced at all because that is the shit that happens around the spawning locations. 

You sure you didn't misread hackmags for duped items? I can't really see how they would be able to identify duped items, since once they are duped they would not be different from regular loot spawned items in any way.

• Like 1

Yeah, I am sure and I don´t know how to really identify it but since I don´t know how they coded the loot I could just guess anyway. Maybe they meant hacked mags though. I don´t really know but on the other hand I don´t care either really. In the North you barely find such people so I don´t run into them and the only encounter I had with such a "pleb mob" was near berenzino where 3-4 of them tried to spray&prey me to death from 10m away and just ruined my jacket. Infinity mags still don´t be able to hit a barn door. Since then I never run into such people again and I hope that kind of player will be ironed out soon.