Sign in to follow this  
Wuufgang

Geared and ready to wander......

finsh doing the rounds of an airbase/barracks and decide to finally venture out into the wilderness and maybe even try my luck at Cherno....stop in a house along the way to resupply my food stash and BAM!! one shot in the head by a wall glitching zombie.

i cri evrytiem.

Half a hour ago I've found a vest at the NWAF and I've decided to put in it my yellow box and medical box. I've moved to resuply to Grishino.

In the one of the building I've heard the zombie aggro noise and bam it pounced at me throught the wall making me bleed and reducing my color vision to grey colors. Killed the zombie with my m4a1 and inspected myself.

The vest  and yellow box and medical box that were inside the vest all ruined, it probably saved my life.

I suspect that some of the zombies are extra strong.

• Like 1

After a run through NWAF, I had everything I needed to survive for weeks. Had bumped into a few problem zeds on the way through the airfield and had a broken arm to show for it, but aside from that full healthy status and full pristine gear.

Desperate for one last chance at an AmphibiaS clip before I wander up north to wait for the exp>stable push, I take the calculated risk to ultra-stealthily sneak into tent city with my broken arm. Server time about 4.30am, ultra dark, crawling through long grass behind a tree and BAM! one shot in the head by a silent SEAL trained zombie ninja with invisible NVG's.

Edited by zeeabo

I haven't played dayz for a month now, because of this, I'm even over kosers, them at least you can avoid by going inland. They should have just left the zombies alone in the last patch. At least then you could kill them with a fire axe, and if you didn't have a weapon, you could outrun them easily, and they didn't make you bleed every time they touched you. Now they glide faster than they run, they hit you even if facing away from you 2 metres away. Come to think of it, they are as bad as Infestation zombies.

Now we have to wait for them to work on parts of the new engine, hunting was supposed to come out on stable servers a month ago.

u wot ?

Z´s are so easy to fist !  Even my 10 year old Cousin could do it. ( and later subseqently broke his leg going downstairs :D )

hunting was supposed to come out on stable servers a month ago.          

holy shit batman, things get delayed during development ? thats unheard of.

• Like 1

Ive died in the most stupidest of ways. I don't even count it and I make and name the next character the same and try get back the same gear!.

u wot ?

Z´s are so easy to fist !  Even my 10 year old Cousin could do it. ( and later subseqently broke his leg going downstairs :D )

Wait

Your 10 year old cousin fists zombies?

Kinky shit.

Lol, in all seriousness, yeah. Balancing needs to be done on zombies.

A few punches to the head, and they are dead.

But get that 1 superzombie, and if you miss a single hit, or fail to dodge a single swipe...

I think my arm is broken

I think my leg is broken

I feel warm blood dripping off of my body

You are dead.

• Like 3

I suspect that some of the zombies are extra strong.

I don't think it's super-strong zombies. From what I can see, they use the WOW technique to keep things interesting. Each zombie has a normal attack, which does just a bit of damage to your shirt/vest. Every so often, that hit is a 'crit', which is enough to instantly ruin 3-6 items. If you are crouched at all, that crit hits your head instead, and you are dead dead. I hate crits in this game, as it isn't WOW, but that is the model they have adopted so far. I suspect it will change though, probably in 18-24 months based on the current timelines. That could be delayed a bit though, as it is still alpha.

I've yet to have a single issue with zeds and can now take them out in a few hits (before it was taking me 10). I don't understand how people are dying to them - I barely even get hit by them and the other day I fisted 3 to death at the same time!

• Like 3

u wot ?

Maybe a week or two not over a month, especially when they were releasing hunting videos 4 months ago. Oh sorry this is dayz we are talking about, yes you are right, hunting will be fine in two years time.

I've yet to have a single issue with zeds and can now take them out in a few hits (before it was taking me 10). I don't understand how people are dying to them - I barely even get hit by them and the other day I fisted 3 to death at the same time!

Yeah, me too. But I guess a lot of players sucks at melee fighting (and has no general sense of awareness either).

• Like 1

Maybe a week or two not over a month, especially when they were releasing hunting videos 4 months ago. Oh sorry this is dayz we are talking about, yes you are right, hunting will be fine in two years time.

I wonder when you will get tired of your Little Agenda here....

why not just drop the game and come back in 2 years ? :P

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

I wonder when you will get tired of your Little Agenda here....

why not just drop the game and come back in 2 years ? :P

No valid argument so the best a fanboy can tell me is to go away ha ha. Typical, not even "its alpha" argument ha ha.

No valid argument so the best a fanboy can tell me is to go away ha ha. Typical, not even "its alpha" argument ha ha.

The valid argument is that hunting is already in the game, so your post was yet again nothing but hot air. You spout ignorant nonsense again and again and never actually reads arguments made against you, so of course everyone has given up providing you with "valid arguments". You are clearly only here to spout your agenda, not to have any kind of serious discussion.

• Like 2

I dont think anyone has actually died from a zombie in this game, bled but not died.

My issue isnt as much as melee weapons are broken, but the fact they hit you when not even facing you. They are fairly easy to dodge but eventually one of those hits lands on you and they are like 2 meters facing the other way, and you bleed.

I dont think anyone has actually died from a zombie in this game, bled but not died.

..//..

wha ?

wha ?

There was couple of times, but even then im not sure if it was a sniper, as i was in the open. Once i just gave up and stood there while i was getting hit by a z, but even then i got the unconcious screen.

So Zombies can nearly KOS now.. yay. maybe they are worth shooting. Sure it is an ass then they glitch attack, but they may have learnt that from hackers and exploiters. Cleaver little Zd-heads

I've yet to figure out how getting punched breaks limbs and/or gear. Seems like it's a gamey mechanic to me. Go ahead, try punching clothes, metal tins, firearms or garden hoes you won't break them. Though some of them might break your fist. Zombie hits should do a bit of damage, have a chance of infection and have a chance to stagger you. Enough 'staggering' hits and you should get knocked out then they can eat you, but the absurd Chuck Norris power attacks need to stop. They make no sense.

• Like 1

I've yet to figure out how getting punched breaks limbs and/or gear. Seems like it's a gamey mechanic to me. Go ahead, try punching clothes, metal tins, firearms or garden hoes you won't break them. Though some of them might break your fist. Zombie hits should do a bit of damage, have a chance of infection and have a chance to stagger you. Enough 'staggering' hits and you should get knocked out then they can eat you, but the absurd Chuck Norris power attacks need to stop. They make no sense.

maybe they are yet to add the animation for zombies... having them standing near you with an allen key, dissembaling you weapon... fully agree, how can they brake a gun by hitting you, a gun that is made to withstand some punishment . especially an AK range, them things are super robust, from what i have seen on you tube

Edited by Sooden

when on game, faced Zds, they still easy. dint even get much damage while going prone and letting them hit me.

Edited by Sooden

I don't understand how people are dying to them

Well it is written right up there in the OP and my post. We are being killed by zombies that either teleport or wall glitch behind us- silent as you like, not a single sign they are there until the first hit lands. Sometimes that first hit is a one hit kill, and that's how people are dying to them.

Zombies see through (and run through) walls that I can't see through. Sounds are glitched, sometimes audio when there's no zombie nearby, sometimes zombie rushing at you doesn't make a peep, being 1-hit killed has nothing to do with my awareness.

I have never even come close to being killed by a zombie that I was actually fighting, being 1-hit killed has nothing to do with being useless with melee weapons.

Zombies should not be able to 1-hit you at this stage of the game. I'm all for it in the final release- hell, buff 'em so that every hit a 1 hit kill once they actually function properly , but at this point with the zombies as bugged as they are they should NEVER be able to end a perfectly fit healthy character in a single blow.

We are being killed by zombies that either teleport or wall glitch behind us- silent as you like, not a single sign they are there until the first hit lands. Sometimes that first hit is a one hit kill, and that's how people are dying to them.

Zombies see through (and run through) walls that I can't see through. Sounds are glitched, sometimes audio when there's no zombie nearby, sometimes zombie rushing at you doesn't make a peep, being 1-hit killed has nothing to do with my awareness.

This, this, this. Couple zeds see me from 1000m away and ghost through tent/walls, that's what puts me on the ground. Under "normal" conditions they're an annoyance.

Well it is written right up there in the OP and my post. We are being killed by zombies that either teleport or wall glitch behind us- silent as you like, not a single sign they are there until the first hit lands. Sometimes that first hit is a one hit kill, and that's how people are dying to them.

I have never even come close to being killed by a zombie that I was actually fighting, being 1-hit killed has nothing to do with being useless with melee weapons.

Zombies should not be able to 1-hit you at this stage of the game. I'm all for it in the final release- hell, buff 'em so that every hit a 1 hit kill once they actually function properly , but at this point with the zombies as bugged as they are they should NEVER be able to end a perfectly fit healthy character in a single blow.

I'm sure you're having this issue but for me zombies still aren't a threat. I haven't played since the new patch but plan on getting in tonight I think. When I played a week ago I got hit a couple of times and I was ok.

ok, after I saw the update on dayz I decided to give it a go once more after couple of months break. haven't really come across anything new yet, but it seems they have added new lady zombie???? After a long battle with her, hitting her blood squirting out of her and she just wouldn't go down, it was really pointless, but then I by mistake went into 1st person view, one hit she was down. I don't know why but only first person view is effective. Sometimes it takes three or 4 but they go down. 1st person view isn't my preffered view, but it does the job.  It can get messy in close quarters where they glitch in and out of walls. But at least I don't have to use a gun everytime  I see one. Also they can still make you bleed everytime they connect one.