BrianBlake

Character wipe everytime.

Hey guys,

I'm really frustrated. I've been playing for about two weeks now, and keep getting character wipes randomly. Today I had a character wipe, started over again and played for three hours. Reached a military base and server restarted. Waited a bit, then rejoined and then it spawned me back at the shore somewhere. Three hours of gameplay and looting lost. If this was a one time thing, I wouldn't mind because I know it's an alpha. But is there something wrong with my settings or something? It keeps doing this about 5-6 times a week, even more when I play more.

While my friend who plays with me, doesn't have these problems. 

Do any of you got the same? How do I fix this? 

Eaten by zombie when dc?

Nah man, we where just sitting under a tree. Not a single zombie near :)

Hey there I was to change server I was safe in a house and when I connected to a new server I begin with a new charecter. Weird thing is in the main menu it shows my old charecter but when I connect to the game I'm with the new one and this really pisses me off, I saw people with smiliar problems but after theese tons of updates. This is really disturbing that it is still happening and all of our work and progress is now gone for nothing....

Hey there I was to change server I was safe in a house and when I connected to a new server I begin with a new charecter. Weird thing is in the main menu it shows my old charecter but when I connect to the game I'm with the new one and this really pisses me off, I saw people with smiliar problems but after theese tons of updates. This is really disturbing that it is still happening and all of our work and progress is now gone for nothing....

Did you not take note of the message in chat? Something about not being able to connect to the central hive server and when you reconnect your character should respawn? When you saw that, you need to hit escape and join another public hive server.

More importantly, it takes less than an hour to get all that gear back again. 

• Like 1

just change the server... sometimes u need 2-3 trys and your old char is back again...

sure its a bug.. but nothing gamebreaking.

yeah i am wondering how difficult it can be to fix that. Was not playing the last 2 Months and wanted to check out the new patch and boom: my char got resetted.

Happens, pays to not care about loot and resets are bound to happen post-patch.

Merged a few topics regarding character-loss. Please include as much information as possible and note not to log out in towns or near zombies.

I logged in today and found out that I lost my character and all the items i have collected for almost 3 weeks, the last time I logged off I was in a safe place that zombies can't reach and I was the only player on the server at the time so I'm sure I didn't die.

Why did this happen?

Is there anyone that can help me get my character back?

I logged in today and found out that I lost my character and all the items i have collected for almost 3 weeks, the last time I logged off I was in a safe place that zombies can't reach and I was the only player on the server at the time so I'm sure I didn't die.

Why did this happen?

This is what has been happening to me too.. I hope they will be able to fix this bug. 

That could have a different reason. Try connecting to your old server, some servers only allow a character made on their own server. That could be the reason. Or maybe the new server you tried to join, only accepts characters made on their own server. 

Did you not take note of the message in chat? Something about not being able to connect to the central hive server and when you reconnect your character should respawn? When you saw that, you need to hit escape and join another public hive server.

More importantly, it takes less than an hour to get all that gear back again. 

I've had that once, button bashed the escape button but it still connected me to the server. 

just change the server... sometimes u need 2-3 trys and your old char is back again...

sure its a bug.. but nothing gamebreaking.

I tried that man, but it didn't come back. Haha, well it is starting to get gamebreaking when you've had it about ten times, when you've spent hours collecting stuff.

yeah i am wondering how difficult it can be to fix that. Was not playing the last 2 Months and wanted to check out the new patch and boom: my char got resetted.

Yeah, it's irritating. Had it about ten times now. 

Why did this happen?

I don't think they can get our characters back, as to why this happens.. I have no clue. Maybe a admin can give us an answer. 

Well It's been a month since the last post on this apparent hive business, still haven't seen any other workaround other than hopping around finding a server that is hive friendly. I started playing three days ago and have yet been able to return to the character I logged with. It's getting less frustrating and more aggravating as time goes on.   

I have a player over six months old, played on various servers and never wiped. Just check to see if you are switching between HC and regular, or if you are playing on un-hived servers. If you continue to have problems the only thing to do is stick to playing on official servers. At this time I do not believe server owners get access to their database so pin pointing the problem will be hard.

@rjclock...How are official servers recognized?...Tash

I'm having this same exact thing happen to me everytime as well, even though I'm only playing on official server "not hardcore" stable branch servers.  Character resets EVERY TIME!

I've had that once, button bashed the escape button but it still connected me to the server.

Same here, saw the red message - spammed the Escape key but the server still connected and I saw a fresh spawn. Straight away I hit Escape and disconnected, went onto another server but saw the same red message and then tried another server and it spawned my old character.

Dayz is not in my favor today after starting my adventures around 3am , I spent about 2 hours gearing up from a fresh spawn , well I decided to do a little target practice and stood across the street from a gas station , I unfortunately was not far enough away when I blew it up ...DEAD ...So I started fresh again 2 hours or so later logged off and when I came back the game reset me and I respawned , I tried it again 2 hours later same thing happens .. I apparently have a bug that resets me everytime I log off ... sooooo disapointing . all that time wasted.. sorta it was still fun.. I deleted the game ,cleared cache and I am now reinstaling . Crossing fingers it dosnt reset me again...

its a bug yes,but a bug that mainly happens to server hoppers, you see when you log out your stays there for a few mins its a basic tool to fix combat logging and such but when you leave the server and then join another almost instantly, the dayz character database is reading your character on another server so when you log off a server wait a few mins that might go fix it,and even if you do that a player or zombie might be chasing you, and the player might have you in sniper range and just waiting for you to stand still,I have experimented and if you log your character stays for 30 secs 2 mins at most(from my calculations and testing)and if you log, your character will do two things run in circles or sit down and start looking in its area and will look in directions of players great for looking for snipers and other players,but yea don't think that just because you log while your running from zombies means your safe you still have some time till your out for good,I hoped this helped,because while using this info I have never been reset,good luck and happy gaming to all dayz players and I hope these tips work cause they certainly work for me(now i just need to find out how to stop crashing every thirty mins)

Edit: there is no way get you character back if you server hop to quickly unless you leave wait a few mins and then join back that might work but it has to happen and be dealt with within a certain amount of time or you can kiss that character goodbye,hope that also works

Edited by Muchgamerjones