coolslider

random bans

now i keep reading all these posts about battle eye sucking balls which they do and everyone says if they lifted the ban on all players that requested it than no one would be banned. and then they reference punkbuster.

as a programer i know how punkbuster works and there is a extreme difference. punkbuster allows for random screenshots to be taken and forwarded for a punkbuster ban list for review

i received such a punkbuster ban and when i appealed it they checked my record and screenshots and traced it back to a hacked server this hacked server retrieved players information and modified it ingame.

now as far as our cd key being our responsability if a hacker gets it thats our fault no its not the cd keys are stored on a server outside of our control however it is also stored locally on the computer with the game. now as a former server owner when a player joins a server the cd key and guid is logged in the game server you are in for validation. and it is not our fault if while in game that information is hacked and viewed on a game server side which is about 10 percent as secure as steams security protocols.

now as far as my punkbuster ban they did track it back to a hacker on a server and restored my game access

problem is once they resotred game access in EA systems and punkbuster systems i was a rank 43 with 0 hrs 0 min and 0 sec of game play

try explaining that one to a server admin and not be banned for suspected hacking.

i had to file appeals on 50 different servers sending them a screenshot of the email from EA explaining what my stats would look like.

so for everyone to say battleye is catching hackers i bet you believe the government isnt hiding secrets from the people to.

everyone here that believes battleye is good and just and fair is a load of hoarse manure post for instance battleye responded you probably downloaded a trojan that stole your key.

PROBABLY ISN'T A FORM OF PROOF

now if battleye responded in such that per our records a battleye scan returned with this khas;okdhfojHDFKGHOdonsg. etc and this can infact be validated then yes ban there ass.

but if it comes back that your CD key and Guid was accessed by an IP address in france yesterday were this hack was detected hack info kjha;lihfkladofh'kadf. etc and i see that prior to that your ip address was listed in bumfk iowa i can clearly see this wasnt you. your account has been reset enjoy the game.

now of these scenario 2 is that of a reputable anticheat software scenario 1 were the term probable was used is that of a anti cheat company that doesnt know what its doing

please for the love of god switch to punkbuster this battleye is worthless.

i to have been globally banned reasons unknown and email with screenshots of my gameplay fun conquests and failures have been sent.

i to will more than likely receive this oh you probably had this happen responce so i took it one step further by failing to provide irefutable proof of my supposed hacking they have in turn denied me access to a game i am playing correctly thus vialating the terms of service and business ethics required to be adhered to within the US and i have desputed the bank charge for this game 3 months ago and received a full refund for the game.

i will be repurchasing the game later but with the knowledge that if they ban me again without even a single shred of evidence other than a we think you did this. i can get my moneyback easier that fighting with a unwilling battleye support staff

#Readthestickies, no one here can help you with your ban, contact battle eyes, and battle eye yes may have some flaws but I have never it see it hand out a ban that wasn't deserved.

Punkbuster? Your solution is punkbuster? Fucking lol! 

This is your third topic regarding this 'issue'. Stop.

Punkbuster? Your solution is punkbuster? Fucking lol! 

:D

now as a former server owner when a player joins a server the cd key and guid is logged in the game server you are in for validation

If you really were all of the above ("programmer", "server owner", "badass") you would know that this information can not be interfered with / interrupted and the CD-Key taken by other, for example the Admins.

The GUID is nothing but a Uiser-ID that has nothing to do with your CD-Key and you can't do anything with the GUID but ban people with it. For your CD-Key to be taken it takes quite a bit more and this means access to your computer, which requires you to download something malicious beforehand, i.e. "Framebooster", "Free 13337-H4X!11".

This is why your CD-Key is your responsibility, as it is stored in your registry and not being submitted to the servers you're playing on, thus only someone who infiltrated your computer in one way or the other has access to it. This is your responsibility to check.