Sign in to follow this  
chaser2430

What town am I in? lol ^_^

Hello everyone. I just spawned in and seem to be in a bit of a tight spot. I want to get up to NW airfield and meet my m8, but I cannot figure out what town I am in. I have found a sign, and scowered DayZ DB looking for it but no luck. The Russian characters look like XENM. Here is a photo;

B0wROqI.jpg

Any help whatsoever is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I think it's Khelm, which is north of Berezino, altho there is a character missing on the sign if you compare it to dayzdb map.

• Like 1

I think it's Khelm, which is north of Berezino, altho there is a character missing on the sign if you compare it to dayzdb map.

I doubt that DayZDB would have an incorrect name. I cannot figure out where I am!

I hate that frigging map

+1

Completely ruins the feeling of being lost, I haven't used it in SA yet and don't intend to.

• Like 3

I spawned there today also!! its about 1000-1500m dead east of hero camp or 2300m dead east of the airfield. just head west into the woods and youll see it!!

edit: I followed the road downwards from that sign you posted. noticed the gas station. then turned around. in the middle of the village i turned to the right into the forest and noticed the hero camp, went over it and onto neaf.. took me 5min or so. oh wait the hero camp isnt there,, but i still call it that ^^

Edited by kimmaz

I spawned there today also!! its about 1000-1500m dead east of hero camp or 2300m dead east of the airfield. just head west into the woods and youll see it!!

edit: I followed the road downwards from that sign you posted. noticed the gas station. then turned around. in the middle of the village i turned to the right into the forest and noticed the hero camp, went over it and onto neaf.. took me 5min or so. oh wait the hero camp isnt there,, but i still call it that ^^

I am playing SA :/ are you? Can you explain a little bit more clearly what you have to do to get to a major landmark and/or get your location on the map.

Its Khelm

Are you all sure? Some other people contradict this theory

Im playing SA, but ive played the mod for a long time. Im used to call stuff what its called in the mod, looked at the map... Olsha(not the town), klen, black mountain ect are hill tops who are easy to identify on the north east side of the map. I use the terrain itself to locate where I am, what direction Im traveling ect, not the big towns. but if i see a big town i sure know where i am lolz

Im sure you left that sign by now, did you figure out where it was?

If you doubt the people that gave you answers, run your sad sack to the next town and read that sign. You made the OP a couple hours ago, you could have crossed the map 3-4 times by now...

I am playing SA :/ are you? Can you explain a little bit more clearly what you have to do to get to a major landmark and/or get your location on the map.

Ive seen that sign over 1000 times so im 100% sure its Khelm ;)

+1

Completely ruins the feeling of being lost, I haven't used it in SA yet and don't intend to.

I don't use it all the time like some people but my inner GPS seems to fuck up in the SA when I try to find NWAF, starting from the East Coast. I first find Devil's Castle (Or some other castle I don't know of), then start running West (Or what I think is West). After that I'm just running through fields and I'm almost at Stary Sobor when I find a landmark...

I don't use it all the time like some people but my inner GPS seems to fuck up in the SA when I try to find NWAF, starting from the East Coast. I first find Devil's Castle (Or some other castle I don't know of), then start running West (Or what I think is West). After that I'm just running through fields and I'm almost at Stary Sobor when I find a landmark...

That is like saying i'm a vegetarian but I eat meat when i'm hungry, you are only supposed to use maps when you are lost or don't know where to go. Using it to go from Balota to Cherno (or any other costal town/city) would be ridiculous. I often get lost in random towns but I find that it adds to the gameplay experience, those who use maps like these are almost as bad as dupers and exploiters in my opinion.

Never understood why do people call it "khelm" , its even pronounced "helm", where did the K come from.

100% this is Khelm, just north of Berezino. i just spawned there.

Edited by Red23

I hate that frigging map

It's so cheaty. Cheaters. Why do you use such a thing. Haven't you memorized the entire map by now like the rest of us? Haven't you learned a little Russian so you can read the signs? Silly people.

Never understood why do people call it "khelm" , its even pronounced "helm", where did the K come from.

Hell I've called it Klem for the past 2 years

why no peoples use the map ins the game .... is enough for navigate and more actual than the database map ;)  

Edited by Crusader78