CShayne

DayZ For Mac

When will DayZ be out for mac because it is also a very great computer to game with. I get a decent frame rate on most of the games and I think it should be compatible with mac. And i know a lot of people are gonna be like (omg just buy a PC or change it ur mac into windows using bootcamp).

Edited by CShayne
  • Like 1

They aren't going to work on a mac version until official release is done and over, and even then there is no official word that it will even happen afaik. Play with bootcamp, or get a PC.

Also if you get viruses on any machine... it's probably an ID-10-T error. You know, like clicking on the monkey's ass to win an I-pad 5.

Edited by Amias Free
  • Like 6

I think they have planned to sell dayz for other platforms also after the game is released or something. So maybe in 2 years.

I think they have planned to sell dayz for other platforms also after the game is released or something. So maybe in 2 years.

Rocket liked the idea, but everything else is just rumours. Don't count on it anyways. Bohemia is a PC company :P

Rocket liked the idea, but everything else is just rumours. Don't count on it anyways. Bohemia is a PC company :P

Yep, I know. I use PC myself so doesnt have any effect on me if they sell or not it on Mac

So you spend money on software without prior checking whether it is available for your operating system?

And people wonder how mac users got their stigma...

pC2KFiG.gif

• Like 13

It'll need some optimisation first as it runs like treacle on decent PCs, so it's going to be dire on the current generation of consoles.

he said "on mac"

mac for gaming also mac NEVER gets viruses

yeah...ermmm...

no

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 2

Please mr. Dumbbutt, dont be that uninformed. First of all, if you wouldnt eat so much Applepropaganda, you would have known that Macs do actually have viruses, it is just that PCs are way more popular than Macs so naturally viruses are usually made for PC. And then you stated that Windows gets viruses easily. Well mr. Sointelligent, if you just have proper antivirus program, you are safe. You also said how smooth Macgaming is. No offense, but my overclocked i7 4770k and GTX 780 runs games fairly smooth on Win 8.1 too (BF4 on ultra 1080p 95 fps avg. to be exact) so maybe it is time for you to get yourself a real gaming PC instead of white Facebook machine.

• Like 9

First post on the forum.  Claims all Windows get viruses and Mac's are superior in gaming.  8 replies disagreeing without a single reply from the OP.

Is this not an obvious troll to everyone else or am I taking crazy pills?

• Like 2

First post on the forum.  Claims all Windows get viruses and Mac's are superior in gaming.  8 replies disagreeing without a single reply from the OP.

Is this not an obvious troll to everyone else or am I taking crazy pills?

must be troll but i found a new disapproval gif soo... topic gets prolly nommed anyway because flamebait

Hello all, i recently bought DayZ Because i thought it was available for mac, but guess what it isn't I think it should run with mac also because people use mac for gaming also mac NEVER gets viruses and windows gets virus very easily so to be honest, you guys should add it for mac and you will be making more money do you know how many people want DayZ for mac? I mean I know people are gonna be like ohh use bootcamp to change it to windows as I said windows get viruses easy. And in my opinion mac runs smooth and better for gaming/internet browsing... 

Are you like...mentally challenged or something?

btw, don't buy a mac for gaming and then complain about lack of content...

• Like 1

:facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

there is like a million threads about this. don´t make another one.

everyone probably knows what i want to say about "mac gamers" but it will get removed =P

I think it is just fair that Mac users suffers.

It is them, in the end, who bought the box with swaggy apple on it, now they have to bear the consequences.

Anyway gave beans if just trolling.

• Like 1

Hello all, i recently bought DayZ Because i thought it was available for mac, but guess what it isn't I think it should run with mac also because people use mac for gaming also mac NEVER gets viruses and windows gets virus very easily so to be honest, you guys should add it for mac and you will be making more money do you know how many people want DayZ for mac? I mean I know people are gonna be like ohh use bootcamp to change it to windows as I said windows get viruses easy. And in my opinion mac runs smooth and better for gaming/internet browsing... 

Obviously a troll post... move along.

if you are willing to invest a few bucks, there are actually ways to play on a Mac....

8IMRSDR.jpg

• Like 2

Isn't it possible use MAC OS with a super gaming PC? I remember that people use Windows and MAC together like Linux and Windows.

*Dualboot*

but you have to set that up yourself so no MAC user will boother :D

Isn't it possible use MAC OS with a super gaming PC? I remember that people use Windows and MAC together like Linux and Windows.

the issue isnt the hardware. OP insists on running OSX because reasons.

explaining the related challenges in regard to rendering APIs, device drives etc. seems pointless here because thread looks like troll/flamebait.

You get malware on Windows most by executing/clicking dumb stuff in your browser or mail attachments (and granting admin permissions without thinking). If you use a Bootcamp partition only for gaming and getting your games from legal sources, you won't have a virus problem.

The availability of current games on OS X has become better since the introduction of the Mac App Store and offers on Steam, but still is lacking in numbers and parallel availability with Windows releases. If PC gaming is a serious hobby for you, then OS X still is not an option.