Demonio (DayZ)

If H1Z1 will have squads and clans at early access why ...

*Oooooohhhhh the irony.

Why do people think that the current state of the game is going to stay the way it is. Please enlighten me about your thought process, because to me it comes across as mindblowing shortsightedness.

It's obviously not but really without being a fanboy what game looks more promising?  H1Z1 has things that are still very broken or far away in DayZ, a way bigger budget and a way bigger development team.

It's future is very bright.

Honestly I think the only bad thing about it is being F2P because I don't want to buy vanity items, I'd rather that and to have to pay £30 for the game to give them something back.

However if it's going on PS4 it has a constant stream of money from PS+ so it should still last.

But seriously what makes DayZ so much better? "I like DayZ more" is not a legitimate answer.

People have a fondness for it because it was like nothing they've ever played before.

Like the first shooting game ever, it's obviously going to be awful compared to shooting games today. DayZ in this age of technology is just dated.

• Like 2

If they gonna put über enemies in let it be aliens at least, I would play it for sure.

But everyone knows a zombie aint dangerous, zombieS are, in plural, cuz their main weapon is numbers. They easily outnumber you. When (if) zombies in DayZ get to really be in serious numbers (hundreds in one single place) you are going to have that serious threat you're looking for, even with the 1 bullet/axe thing.

Everyone knows a zombie aint dangerous what are you smoking?

Zombies are a constant threat and in every zombie film / series several of the main protagonists will get eaten alive thinking carelessly like you are. They should infect you with a scrape or bite which means they are completely dangerous at close range and a single scrape off a real zombie would mean your f'ed

Like gentleman above said there is this 'trendy' popular element which seems to forgive Day Z for all it's clunkiness and glitches because "its Day Z"...

Edited by AgentNe0

oh yeah, magically knowing where your friendlys are at is SO challenging

seriously, no thanks, if a clan wants to get out with 8 people in a big bunch,

i want to have the upper hand on them not knowing who is friend or foe because of bad communication

It's called gameplay. What is it with this community these days, any little ounce of gameplay over realism and you get patronisied to the ninth degree, hell even the mods are at it when they never used to be.

vv

Because this isn't your casual game like H1Z1 is.

Take off your pants, take off your shoes, take off your clothes, baby. That way I'd recognise you.

• Like 1

It's called gameplay. What is it with this community these days, any little ounce of gameplay over realism and you get patronisied to the ninth degree, hell even the mods are at it when they never used to be.

vv

knowing where every team mate is through buildings and over distances beyond radio range? just use TS ffs

if we would like to have a highly-hudded game, we wouldn't be playing DayZ

right now you have to make a choice: be visible or be hard to recognize as a teammate, and i am completely ok with that

are you so bad at recognizing your teammates and shooting them constantly, or do you suck at giving out your posistion to friendlys? why is such a minor unrealistic and gimmicky mechanic so important to you?

• Like 2

Yeah, I am getting sick of that argument. Lack of HUD != realism. The whole point of a user interface is to make humans understand what a piece of software is trying to "say". With a poor UI (regardless of HUD or lack thereof) a game will suffer. DayZ has a shit UI.

Yeah, I am getting sick of that argument. Lack of HUD != realism. The whole point of a user interface is to make humans understand what a piece of software is trying to "say". With a poor UI (regardless of HUD or lack thereof) a game will suffer. DayZ has a shit UI.

Fan boys are quite funny aren't they

Lack of HUD= realism

Petrol wouldn't exist for long, no need for cars= on no wait that's too much realism, we need cars

knowing where every team mate is through buildings and over distances beyond radio range? just use TS ffs

right now you have to make a choice: be visible or be hard to recognize as a teammate, and i am completely ok with that

are you so bad at recognizing your teammates and shooting them constantly, or do you suck at giving out your posistion to friendlys? why is such a minor unrealistic and gimmicky mechanic so important to you?

Good communication needs some practice = effort.

Better just ask for a game change than become a better player.

Fan boys are quite funny aren't they

Lack of HUD= realism

Petrol wouldn't exist for long, no need for cars= on no wait that's too much realism, we need cars

cars = fun and high end gameplay

knowing where your friends are != fun and high end gameplay

the game is easy enough as it is, we don't need CoD squad recognition thank you very much

cars = fun and high end gameplay

knowing where your friends are != fun and high end gameplay

the game is easy enough as it is, we don't need CoD squad recognition thank you very much

But just like you don't want one feature, there are others who want it, what makes your argument more valid. It's a survival game not a fun mario kart game. Survival games shouldn't be fun, the forest isn't fun
  • Like 1

Maybe we need an option where friendly fire doesn't hurt us as well?

And health packs we run over to get full blood??

• Like 6

It's obviously not but really without being a fanboy what game looks more promising?  H1Z1 has things that are still very broken or far away in DayZ, a way bigger budget and a way bigger development team.

It's future is very bright.

Honestly I think the only bad thing about it is being F2P because I don't want to buy vanity items, I'd rather that and to have to pay £30 for the game to give them something back.

However if it's going on PS4 it has a constant stream of money from PS+ so it should still last.

But seriously what makes DayZ so much better? "I like DayZ more" is not a legitimate answer.

People have a fondness for it because it was like nothing they've ever played before.

Like the first shooting game ever, it's obviously going to be awful compared to shooting games today. DayZ in this age of technology is just dated.

I've never stated that DayZ will be/is better than H1Z1. I will probably try it too. Hell, I might even enjoy it a lot. That doesn't mean I automatically think DayZ is/will be worse. Some people act as if the current state of the game will be the same when it's released. My question therefor still stands. Like I said, to me it comes across as shortsightedness. I'm not saying those people are shortsighted per se.

So what if things are broken or still missing? It's still in development. What I care about is what DayZ will look like when it's finished. Same goes for H1Z1. That's what matters in the end, for me atleast.

And don't you be hating on Wolfenstein: 3D, that game was great ;)  :P (If that's what you meant by 'first shooting game')

On a technical note: don't call people names. This isn't politics. It doesn't help the discussion at hand in any shape or form. People have their own opinions on matters like these and you'll have to accept that. Even if you disagree with them.

A friendly fire option will probably be added for PvE servers. If Rocket doesn't add it, the community will = more people leaving vanilla. I don't want one but the community support/desire for this feature is pretty large.

Also, we don't need health packs as long as we have rice, water, magic bandages, magic saline and magic blood. Not enough blood? Fill 'er up! Ding! Super realistic.

Edited by scriptfactory
  • Like 1

You speak to me like I'm new. I do use TS. The system you should know is a small hexagon around the character, it's not exactly immersion breaking, in fact it's as immersion breaking as the Devs idea to have the same caliber, because you know...Dayz is extremely realistic.

Fuck blood, give us a health meter!

• Like 1

Oh no let's not have a HUD, but let's like use third party software to communicate, because that's like you know super realistic

• Like 2

Oh no let's not have a HUD, but let's like use third party software to communicate, because that's like you know super realistic

it's not about realism, it's about if the mechanic makes sense in it's genre

and in my book, magically appearing friend/foe indicators and bullets not doing damage against allies

is not connected with survival simulation

why don't you just go and buy H1Z1? it seems to be the perfect casual zombie game for you

• Like 1

Even "The Stomping Land" has tribal recognition--Get with the times people..

Granted, that game is a different beast..pun intended

In real life people recognise each other by faces, build, posture, movement, mannerisms. NOT from the clothes they are wearing.

So to make Dayz feel more realistic it needs some kind of system implemented to make up for its lack of "realism"

When I play with a friend on voice chat I feel like I'm his babysitter or carer always asking unnecessary questions like: Did you just go in that building? Did you just go prone? Did you just change your shirt? Where are you now? Is that you pointing an M4 at me?

Totally unrealistic as Dayz stands!

Edited by BossFi
  • Like 5

As expected rockets cheerleaders have taken over this thread with there epic QQ cos the don't want any kind of grouping system.

it's not about realism, it's about if the mechanic makes sense in it's genre

and in my book, magically appearing friend/foe indicators and bullets not doing damage against allies

is not connected with survival simulation

why don't you just go and buy H1Z1? it seems to be the perfect casual zombie game for you

Why do fanboys always have to say "go play h1z1" . As soon as someone questions dayz, you have no answer but to say "go and play..." . There are plenty of games out there with survival aspect, do you feel threatened by h1z1? I personally don't care about any game, I pay for it, I enjoy it. I do not hold loyalty to any company like sad fanboys. I do not have any hatred to h1z1 ad if it's any good yes I will play it, could be awesome, who knows. While I could be enjoying h1z1 you could still be waiting for hunting, don't know that either. But just because someone has an idea that conflicts yours, don't feel threatened, and the fact that you still think dayz is hardcore survival game, makes you a fanboy, nothing else.
  • Like 2

In real life people recognise each other by faces, build, posture, movement, mannerisms. NOT from the clothes they are wearing.

So to make Dayz feel more realistic it needs some kind of system implemented to make up for its lack of "realism"

When I play with a friend on voice chat I feel like I'm his babysitter or carer always asking unnecessary questions like: Did you just go in that building? Did you just go prone? Did you just change your shirt? Where are you now? Is that you pointing an M4 at me?

Totally unrealistic as Dayz stands!

Ha exactly the constant can u see me I can see you pish in TS or I that you coming up the stairs meh all extreme fun

Because hz1 or whatever is called is a different game!

it will be more arcade, is not a bad thing, but it will be different from dayz.

I hate these comparisons. Why if a game has something everyone have to copy it? Thanks to this mentality now we have only fps that are clones of call of duty.

• Like 1

we can't have at least some group viewable only gear, to recognize friendly from foe?

For starters, one is a game you can play today and the other is a game you can only play in your imagination today.

• Like 2

I am kind of shocked over the sheer number of people that need to step back and take a reality break. LOL. One on hand we have people that extol the virtues of another game, but take offense when it is recommended that they go play that game. The only game that I am aware of that is possible exclusive to any other game is Russian Roulette. You can play more than one game people! Then we have people that are looking deeply into their computer for an experience in reality. Hardcore survival depending on the proper sequence of button clicks executed from the comfort of your computer chair. They can't give you reality as the concussive blast of combat would destroy your home, and the reality of bullet physics is that they fold your ass up.

• Like 7

I really don't see why people actually have faith that H1Z1 will be even remotely good. I guarantee it will just be planetside 2 with building and last time i checked planetside 2 is doing that great with what 3 or 4 servers, most of which are empty half the time. Sony is a shit company and will make shit decisions that will kill the game even if it is good just like they did with planetside 2.

Amen! I still don't forgive them SWG NGE.

• Like 1

I am kind of shocked over the sheer number of people that need to step back and take a reality break. LOL. One on hand we have people that extol the virtues of another game, but take offense when it is recommended that they go play that game. The only game that I am aware of that is possible exclusive to any other game is Russian Roulette. You can play more than one game people! Then we have people that are looking deeply into their computer for an experience in reality. Hardcore survival depending on the proper sequence of button clicks executed from the comfort of your computer chair. They can't give you reality as the concussive blast of combat would destroy your home, and the reality of bullet physics is that they fold your ass up.

good heavens i would like to unload my whole folder of approval gifs upon you but this would not fare well with the upper echelon. thanks for the voice of reason among the madness.

Ie17FZ6.gif

• Like 3