ShallowTech

Thinking about renting a ViLayer server, any thoughts?

Some friends and I are thinking about renting a official DayZ server from ViLayer. Has anyone had any dealings with this company? I chose this company because they have hosting options for Phoenix AZ and they seem to offer a nice set of features and protection for a decent price.

Additionally, I was trying to get a full copy of the rules and the link in the rules thread for downloading the .pdf is broken.

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:19 AM

An updated PDF with server hosting rules is available: http://dayzgame.com/...ules_Public.pdf

If someone can post a new link or a link to current rules I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

i had an epoch server with them good service,.

always the last to update though

Additionally, I was trying to get a full copy of the rules and the link in the rules thread for downloading the .pdf is broken.

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:19 AM

An updated PDF with server hosting rules is available: http://dayzgame.com/...ules_Public.pdf

If someone can post a new link or a link to current rules I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,

The DayZ website URL changed, location is still the same. The rules are the same as written in that topic.

http://dayz.com/downloads/Server_Hosting_Rules_Public.pdf

no idea why anyone would rent a server at this stage.

• Like 1

We have two servers running on Vilayer. The only issue we have with them is poor customer service. Their ticket system is the only method of contact and it can take not just hours, but a day or two for them to respond. We had a server down for 3 days because of it... and if they respond, and you reply to their response, it resets the ticket to the bottom of the pile.

On a positive note, you can update your pbo's via admin console or ftp without having to unpack or pack them. You have direct access to the individual files inside the pbo files. The server handles all the packing/unpacking at restart.

We have two servers running on Vilayer. The only issue we have with them is poor customer service. Their ticket system is the only method of contact and it can take not just hours, but a day or two for them to respond. We had a server down for 3 days because of it... and if they respond, and you reply to their response, it resets the ticket to the bottom of the pile.

On a positive note, you can update your pbo's via admin console or ftp without having to unpack or pack them. You have direct access to the individual files inside the pbo files. The server handles all the packing/unpacking at restart.

Okay good to know, well this is actually the first game server I have rented and honestly I have never setup any game servers in the past. However, I do work in IT setting up and configuring Windows servers, applications and some SQL DB administration. Anyway, I am not familary with the functionality and what I can actually do. I have done some searching on the forums and did not find much. Can someone direct me to some post or videos that can help me get started...

For instance, is there a way for me to see how is in the game or setup a few private slots and other management features.

Not that I would want to but is there a way to ban or kick players that are cheating or using exploits? The reason I ask is because I did see some guys clipping through some walls to shoot my friends and I, part of the reason we decided to purchase a server.

Thank you for the assistance.

Oh yeah, we got a server :-) West coast. We want to run a clean server, low pings and keep out those using hacks and exploits. Any assistance is appreciated.

a official DayZ server from ViLayer

Multiplay are the only official DayZ server host.

They have some interesting website wording, it's rather misleading for native English speakers let alone non-native.

Edited by Skitrel

Multiplay are the only official DayZ server host.

They have some interesting website wording, it's rather misleading for native English speakers let alone non-native.

There is way more than multiplay as a official host. A manager of multiplay sending false information is not wise.

Edited by Xelpherpolis

There is way more than multiplay as a official host. A manager of multiplay sending false information is not wise.

No. There is a difference between the two and poor wordings in various discussions and sites is causing it to be quite misunderstood.

There are hosts allowed to provide DayZ servers with direct permission and there is a single "official DayZ server host" that host Bohemia's official servers. That's what we do.

The wording present on the site there actually only says that the game itself is official, but this has a particularly high reading level and is quite confusing for a proportion of people, it's rather entertaining as it's actually neither of the things mentioned by either of us.

I have Vilayer in Frankfurt, I can safely this location is very good (The vilayer server then).

I had gameserver but I hopped to Vilayer because I missed some options I want.

If I would buy a another server I think I would go with Vilayer now again, my experience is good service.

Kalle

Do you guys pay for your server as clans? I am wondering how that works, if I can just take donations from friends and other players to fund the server? Or am I the only poor guy with a server :-)

i have a vilayer Server for 2 days now and ist the best time ive ever had testing this game!

brumeys bluadwiesn | vilayer.com

217.23.8.102:2702

come join the fun! but dont server-hop NWAF on my server. you re gonna get killed!

Vilayer host is good, but havent normal admin (non game ) and logs options (rcon not working). Vilayer say that bis turn off rcon connect. Smb have this problem?