DMentMan

Badly Damaged Bullets Jaming in Gun

So, i just got an idea, if bullets or guns gets badly damaged thay have a chance to jam / get stuck in the gun, when this happens you can´t shoot, changing mag won´t help, because the bullet is in the chamber.

unjaming could look like this: SON_OF_A_BITCH_GODDAMN_PIECE_OF_SHIT_PIS

or like this:

Reload-a-Pistol-and-Clear-Malfunctions-S

what do you think?

also im not sure how to spell jam / jamm

Edited by DMentMan
  • Like 1

I like this idea.

However, guns like the Shotgun, Revolver and Longhorn shouldn't jam at all, or have a very very very low chance of doing so, of course ;)

They may have a low magazin-capacity of 1-2, but their advantage is no-jamming-danger

The M4 should be jamming, however.

I'm not a gun-nut @ all, but I heard, that the M4 tends to jam pretty often.

:D

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 1

AKs never jam!!

5705520.png?891

comfirmed AK jam

my-head-is-a-pumpkin-your-argument-is-in

Edited by DMentMan
  • Like 1

On a serious note - wouldn't this have more to do with the condition of the weapon itself rather than the ammunition? IDK, I'm no gun expert; but that just seems logical to me.

• Like 1

On a serious note - wouldn't this have more to do with the condition of the weapon itself rather than the ammunition? IDK, I'm no gun expert; but that just seems logical to me.

i did say bullets or guns

Edited by DMentMan

i did say bullets or guns

Ahhh, I quickly skimmed over the text as I'd already read the title.  :blush:

• Like 1

fuck you mos you beat me to it

But, srs. This is a nice idea. Far Cry 2 had it, and it worked there I feel. This could be implemented with decent success I think.

• Like 1

fuck you mos you beat me to it

woah, calm down there

ohhh on the mean side of this badly damaged ammo if it fires could stand a chance to damage the weapon too.... run through a mag of badly damaged ammo with the M4 and suddenly your M4 is no longer pristine now its maybe worn or damaged or worse - make those weapon cleaning kits useful that's for sure.

• Like 1

Yes and no, Badly damaged ammo can Expand in the chamber/Rupture, Or just go click.

I sure would like to see some damaged weapons, damaged weapons should be more common than pristine ones, making the weapons cleaning kit useful and making it a blessing to find a pristine gun (I asssume the weapons cleaning kit will work as the sewing kit, making it worn at best). Obviously weapons would deteriorate after being used frequently.

I assume this will be added later on though.

Jamming would be awesome! I remember playing Far Cry 2 and how my guns jammed after I went through a river, that game was so cool and I didn't even finish it :(

• Like 2

Jamming would be awesome!

i know, also i see that you are from sweden… then you must know what this is:

Smorgastarta_med_lax_och_rakor.jpg

if you don´t know, you are not swedish, we can call this the swede test.

• Like 1

(I asssume the weapons cleaning kit will work as the sewing kit, making it worn at best).

the weapon kits work already - I tried one on my second day (god that was so long ago) and it turned a pristine mosin into a worn mosin - then I had my backpack destroyed by a zed and ended up with a badly damaged FNX and the kit set it back to worn so you would be correct, it works like the sewing kit.

• Like 2

i know, also i see that you are from sweden… then you must know what this is:

Smorgastarta_med_lax_och_rakor.jpg

if you don´t know, you are not swedish, we can call this the swede test.

Smörgåstårta, ooooh vad gott! It has been far too  long since I last tasted its delicious taste, far too long...

• Like 1

Smörgåstårta, ooooh vad gott! It has been far too  long since I last tasted its delicious taste, far too long...

you passed the swede test, you are now a comfirmed swede.

and you need to get your daily smörgåstårta, in fact, im going to get some now. mmm, så gott.

Edited by DMentMan
  • Like 1

Either a damaged gun or damaged ammo can jam up your weapon. If you have a weak casing on a round, it can split when fired and fail to eject, causing the next round in the magazine (for a semi-auto) to jam up behind it. The worst though, would be the bullet failing to exit the barrel. This is more likely with an actually poorly manufactured round and may cause an explosive situation on the next round fired.

Same thing can happen with a damaged or poorly maintained gun. The chamber could be gummed up with carbon residue, causing the round to sit too tightly and not eject. Or gunk up the action causing it to not cycle correctly and either push the casing back in or stove-pipe it.

ohhh on the mean side of this badly damaged ammo if it fires could stand a chance to damage the weapon too.... run through a mag of badly damaged ammo with the M4 and suddenly your M4 is no longer pristine now its maybe worn or damaged or worse - make those weapon cleaning kits useful that's for sure.

This would be a hard turn from realism. Unless you have a catastrophic failure with your ammunition, it isn't going to damage your weapon. There are types of ammunition that are harder on your weapon, but it isn't about the condition of that ammunition, but rather the chemical make-up of the powder (corrosive ammunition).

I sure would like to see some damaged weapons, damaged weapons should be more common than pristine ones, making the weapons cleaning kit useful and making it a blessing to find a pristine gun (I asssume the weapons cleaning kit will work as the sewing kit, making it worn at best). Obviously weapons would deteriorate after being used frequently.

I assume this will be added later on though.

Jamming would be awesome! I remember playing Far Cry 2 and how my guns jammed after I went through a river, that game was so cool and I didn't even finish it :(

Guns are built to last if you maintain them. It will degrade, but a rifle barrel is going to last anywhere from 6k to 10k rounds. Given the average life expectancy of a DayZ player, I would be incredibly surprised if anyone ever managed to wear out a gun just by rounds fired.

Maintenance is the trick, that is really where they should focus.