Sign in to follow this  
andrestor

I can't seem to find anyone

Well, I was playing for about 3 hours straight in which I started in Vybor, went to Kabanino and then to the military base there, went back to Kabanino and the server restarted. I went back to the military base, ended up in Vybor again and walked to Pustoshka.

In all of that I didn't find one single living soul and killed maybe 8 zombies.

That was in a full 40/40 server

Where the hell is everyone?

Edited by Andrestor

ya me either even on full servers i dont see a soul, and if i happen to catch a glance of another player they log out....

Go to Berez, You'll find 20 of the 40 players, go the svet, or NEAF. You'll find the other 20. I was around the W/NW side of the map all yesterday on full servers, Seen one person, He logged the second he spotted me, So I executed his AI body..

• Like 1

Go to Berez, You'll find 20 of the 40 players, go the svet, or NEAF. You'll find the other 20. I was around the W/NW side of the map all yesterday on full servers, Seen one person, He logged the second he spotted me, So I executed his AI body..

that is where i am at its empty, thought i was just not seeing them so i ran down the streets yelling over mike nothing......did not even get killed, killed a few zeds that's it.

Majority of people are east, there's no real reason to go west for most people.

Go to Berezino. You'll find 60/40 players... and be shot immediately.

• Like 1

Go to Berezino. You'll find 60/40 players... and be shot immediately.

Most of them are only armed with worn rotten bananas.

• Like 3

Most of them are only armed with worn rotten bananas.

And they usually try to imitate Rocky Balbao

• Like 1

Players are not going to be standing out in the open with outstretched arms for you. To them you are just another person who can kill them. Most will hide from you if they see you to avoid being killed.

• Like 1

I once managed to get shot at by the only other guy on the server - I wasn't even near the coast or any military base! He was about 200-300m away and didn't hit me, so I took cover, deployed my bipod and waited. After 5min. of nothing I simply took off in the opposite direction. I guess he just got spooked when he saw me, shot in my general direction and ran away - and I can't even blame him.

• Like 1

I spent a few days hanging around Elektro, Kamyshovo(sp?), and Balota areas and saw maybe 2-3 people total in about a week down there on high pop servers. It's a shame, because those are fun areas many people are familiar with. I don't even like the layout of Berezino or that town in the woods further up the coast. It also hurts that I haven't died in a while... *knock on wood*

6 months later and it's still lonely in Chernarus, even with 50 player servers.

I spawned in Berezino, went to Gorka, and I'm now in Novy Sobor, and I still can't find anyone.

The Police station in Novy Sobor (Or is it Stary?) was even closed and with everything spawned.

Again, where the hell is everyone?

Are there plans to make 60/70 player servers?

I spawned in Berezino, went to Gorka, and I'm now in Novy Sobor, and I still can't find anyone.

The Police station in Novy Sobor (Or is it Stary?) was even closed and with everything spawned.

everyone else is moving around the map at the same speed as you unless they camp a spot, so you're always statistically unlikely to meet a player unless they're bad and slow, or are coming in the opposite direction. even then i reckon about 90% of the time players don't spot eachother unless they're in a city. 

also, most people just like deathmatching in novo/cherno/berezino/elektro.

if you want to see a player go to the tower in novo and just wait 

Edited by Wookieenoob

Well they have loads of work to make a server stable enough with 5/40 let alone 40/40 the de-sync issues are insane.

Lets get past this quarter before we start yelling server over cap testing? mkay?

Your problem in June 2014 was all of the spawns had been moved north east - you'd find most of the people around Berezino, Svet, Novo, and NEAF (before it was nerfed).

Your problem now is those spawns have now been redistributed around again, but the majority of the people can typically now be found in Elektro and the surrounding areas of Cherno and Kamyshovo. Balota and Berezino are the next two most likely places. However, on a server with 30+ people there is always, always someone in Elektro.

Probably had 39 players stalking you the whole time B)

I would say NE quarter of the map is a great place to go for 'interaction'

• Like 1

I do have to clarify that I'm not in a killing mood lol

Heck, even if I could see a smudge of a person sprinting into a forest that would be cool.

But ok, apparently the minority who dont wanna shoot or axe folks are very spread out in comparison to those shoving bananas up people's holsters in Elektro.

Your problem in June 2014 was all of the spawns had been moved north east - you'd find most of the people around Berezino, Svet, Novo, and NEAF (before it was nerfed).

Your problem now is those spawns have now been redistributed around again, but the majority of the people can typically now be found in Elektro and the surrounding areas of Cherno and Kamyshovo. Balota and Berezino are the next two most likely places. However, on a server with 30+ people there is always, always someone in Elektro.

Absolutely this. Last night, on a three person server, I did a huge tour of the whole map in a V3S (took about 45 minutes). While pootling through Elektro, some dingbat was taking potshots at my truck.

Let me reiterate. This guy was sniping from the hill or from the fire station towers, on a three person server.

I'd rather browse Wikipedia tbh.

If you know where to look for people, you will find them.

• Like 1

Absolutely this. Last night, on a three person server, I did a huge tour of the whole map in a V3S (took about 45 minutes). While pootling through Elektro, some dingbat was taking potshots at my truck.

Let me reiterate. This guy was sniping from the hill or from the fire station towers, on a three person server.

I'd rather browse Wikipedia tbh.

If you know where to look for people, you will find them.

What a loser lol, but also a patient guy.