Soapy (DayZ)

101 Servers violating slot requirement

The DayZ server host rules clearly state: "Minimum slot count of 40 (30 for countries where bandwidth is expensive i.e. developing countries)"

Here is an image of the server list with their respective slot counts

List of servers violating this slot requirement as per 2:00 A.M. eastern time:

AT #01

Atlanta 11

Atlanta 12

Atlanta 16

Atlanta 17

Atlanta 23

Atlanta 25

Atlanta 26

Atlanta 27

Atlanta 29

Atlanta 32

Atlanta 33

Atlanta 34

Atlanta 35

Atlanta 36

Atlanta 39

Atlanta 40

Atlanta 41

Atlanta 42

Atlanta 43

Atlanta 44

Atlanta 45

Atlanta 6

Atlanta 85

Chicago 29

Chicago 32

Chicago 37

Chicago 40

Chicago 41

Chicago 44

Chicago 54

Chicago 56

Chicago 58

Chicago 61

Chicago 67

Dallas 33

Dallas 35

Dallas 39

Dallas 43

Dallas 45

Dallas 46

Dallas 50

DE Sacred Warriors

DE1

DE30

ESP

EU30

EU38

EU75

Germany 1

Germany 11

Germany 13

Germany 15

Germany 17

Germany 22

Germany 5

Germany 7

Germany 8

LA 1

LA 3

LA 9

LU16

NL11

NL9

NY22

Seattle 10

Seattle 11

Seattle 12

Seattle 14

Seattle 15

Seattle 16

Seattle 17

Seattle 18

Seattle 19

Seattle 20

Seattle 24

Seattle 25

Seattle 26

Seattle 27

Seattle 28

Seattle 29

Seattle 31

Seattle 34

Seattle 35

Seattle 36

Seattle 37

Seattle 39

Seattle 40

Seattle 41

Seattle 47

Seattle 48

Seattle 50

Seattle 51

Seattle 52

Seattle 53

Seattle 54

Seattle 55

Seattle 57

Seattle 7

Seattle 9

AZ3

Either the rules need to be changed to reflect the fact that lower slot counts are acceptable or action should be taken against the servers listed above if they continue to use slot counts below the ones required in the DayZ rules.

OP is a tard.

Servers created before that rule came into effect are exempt from the rule.

Chicago 29 has been running since before that rule was applied please remove it form your list thank you.

It's very similar to servers having hele's and others not, some were here at the start and others (like mine) have just come online, so mine is 50 because of that rule, but older ones can run lower.. and have heles.. lucky guys :(

Don't you have something better to do then post this, I run LA server 1 and i bought this from a server host. Our server is always full and the advantage to a 25 slot server is it runs better for people that don't have a good pcs to run this game. So go outside and do something with your life instead of making this posting this stupid post on rules. Without us paying for servers you wouldn't be playing. If this is breaking any rules then this needs to be brought up by rocket with all the server host not some random narc in the forums.

Don't you have something better to do then post this' date=' I run LA server 1 and i bought this from a server host. Our server is always full and the advantage to a 25 slot server is it runs better for people that don't have a good pcs to run this game. So go outside and do something with your life instead of making this posting this stupid post on rules. Without us paying for servers you wouldn't be playing. If this is breaking any rules then this needs to be brought up by rocket with all the server host not some random narc in the forums.

[/quote']

I'm not saying you guys should be blacklisted or anything. I'm really just trying to get an answer from the devs about it because it seems like 25 slots is a fine number for most servers. That being said, rules are rules which is why I was sort of looking for an answer to this. Also, I host my own server so I'm not sure why I wouldn't be playing if it weren't for you.

OP is a tard.

Servers created before that rule came into effect are exempt from the rule.

I searched before posting this and found nothing saying that was true. If it is, please link me to it instead of just calling me a tard and assuming you are correct.

YES YES! Blacklist ALL those servers. Bad people running servers for FREE for you, but they limit the slots. Bad, bad people, yes.

Don't you have something better to do then post this

Clearly not. There's always somebody who wants to play cyberpolice. I just hope he has protection against backtracing or else all those BAD server hosts are going to hack him and consequences will never be the same.

Seriously, I wish people would fucking stop trying to play the police. Take it up with the individual server admins or the DayZ staff. Stop always trying to play little Mr Police Man on the forums. Those servers are there for YOUR enjoyment, free of charge.

Well you made a huge list of servers with 25 slots, You could of just asked can i buy a 25 slot server. If my server gets blacklisted Im going to be pissed because i follow all the rules on our server and the community loves our server. I have never heard that you need 50 slots to host a server , because i would think our server host would know that since he has to get our server setup through rocket so our server communicates with the database.

Actually the OP have a point.

Devs should enforce certain rules, like why some server are still allowed to have side chat if it was clearly stated that it should be removed .. ( so should server made before that rule be allowed to keep it ??? )

The fact is playing in 25 player server gives you huge advantage over the 40 and 50 player server as the chances you will get killed by another player are 50% lower.

Iam not saying go fix it now during alpha but if DayZ some day actually becomes a game it should stick to same rules for all servers.

I agree with IKShadow but i just want to point out 1 fact

Australia has to pay per GB so please remove AZ3

I'm not saying you guys should be blacklisted or anything.

really?

Read your first post

Either the rules need to be changed to reflect the fact that lower slot counts are acceptable or action should be taken against the servers listed above if they continue to use slot counts below the ones required in the DayZ rules.

What action to take?

When I bought a server, I did not cry because of the other, I paid and that's it!

I was going to 40 but now because of you and your threats I stay at 25!

damn rule monkeys all up in these forums. go do something constructive instead of nit picking.

I'm not saying you guys should be blacklisted or anything.

really?

Read your first post

What action to take?

When I bought a server' date=' I did not cry because of the other, I paid and that's it!

I was going to 40 but now because of you and your threats I stay at 25!

[/quote']

I was referring to contacting the host of the server through the Google group and asking them about the server slots... I really don't care how many slots you use. I do care whether the rules make sense, which they currently do not.

The amount of hate I'm getting from this is just childish. Cyperpolice? When did I ever say I was trying to control what goes on here. I spent 20 minutes making a list to show how many servers don't currently meet the server rules posted in the section. I was making an inquiry about the situation. I don't know why people are acting like this is some sort of crusade.

YES YES! Blacklist ALL those servers. Bad people running servers for FREE for you' date=' but they limit the slots. Bad, bad people, yes.

(Today 10:11 PM)weaser31 Wrote: Don't you have something better to do then post this

Clearly not. There's always somebody who wants to play cyberpolice. I just hope he has protection against backtracing or else all those BAD server hosts are going to hack him and consequences will never be the same.

Seriously, I wish people would fucking stop trying to play the police. Take it up with the individual server admins or the DayZ staff. Stop always trying to play little Mr Police Man on the forums. Those servers are there for YOUR enjoyment, free of charge.[/quote']

I honestly don't know how you could have possibly read the thread and gotten that impression. Please stop trying to blast your ignorant rhetoric about how it is "bad" or "good". I claimed neither. You're sincerely acting like a child.

EDIT: From a sticky in the Server General section

"Please also note no server provider is allowed to provide servers below 40 slots, or 30 within low bandwidth countries."

The DayZ server host rules clearly state: "Minimum slot count of 40 (30 for countries where bandwidth is expensive i.e. developing countries)"

Here is an image of Atlanta 85 with a 1 person cap.

If the rules are Minimum slot count of 40 why are there 25 slot servers on the dayz mod database. I dont think all those servers are pcs at home , these are from server host that have to deal with the dayz mod dev team to get server files needed.

I confirm that you did the Police!

You could just say:

"There are servers that have 25 slots but in the rules of DAYZ noted minimum 40 slots"

I have answered:

"read the rules:

The minimum slot count for new servers is 40. We highly recommend running a 50 slot server, however.

For new servers!!

This post is dated June 11, 2012 and modified June 18, 2012.

which means implicitly that all servers created before June 18, 2012 are not subject to this rule

With a bit of intelligence that's understandable

Do you understand?

when I bought the servers Dayz at the host it was 25 slots minimum for a reasonable price, this rule was issued after 40 and now it is for a minimum price a little higher.

You had your mind soon!

Those servers do not pay the players a bit of respect for them THANKS!

I don't care about the ones that have 25 limit and up, but the ones that have a cap of 5 and under are just plain stupid, you seem to have missed those servers from your screenshot since there are many with caps of 1-5 people.

Edit: Did the guy below seriously have to quote the entire first post?

AT #01

Atlanta 11

Atlanta 12

Atlanta 16

Atlanta 17

Atlanta 23

Atlanta 25

Atlanta 26

Atlanta 27

Atlanta 29

Atlanta 32

Atlanta 33

Atlanta 34

Atlanta 35

Atlanta 36

Atlanta 39

Atlanta 40

Atlanta 41

Atlanta 42

Atlanta 43

Atlanta 44

Atlanta 45

Atlanta 6

Atlanta 85

Chicago 29

Chicago 32

Chicago 37

Chicago 40

Chicago 41

Chicago 44

Chicago 54

Chicago 56

Chicago 58

Chicago 61

Chicago 67

Dallas 33

Dallas 35

Dallas 39

Dallas 43

Dallas 45

Dallas 46

Dallas 50

DE Sacred Warriors

DE1

DE30

ESP

EU30

EU38

EU75

Germany 1

Germany 11

Germany 13

Germany 15

Germany 17

Germany 22

Germany 5

Germany 7

Germany 8

LA 1

LA 3

LA 9

LU16

NL11

NL9

NY22

Seattle 10

Seattle 11

Seattle 12

Seattle 14

Seattle 15

Seattle 16

Seattle 17

Seattle 18

Seattle 19

Seattle 20

Seattle 24

Seattle 25

Seattle 26

Seattle 27

Seattle 28

Seattle 29

Seattle 31

Seattle 34

Seattle 35

Seattle 36

Seattle 37

Seattle 39

Seattle 40

Seattle 41

Seattle 47

Seattle 48

Seattle 50

Seattle 51

Seattle 52

Seattle 53

Seattle 54

Seattle 55

Seattle 57

Seattle 7

Seattle 9

AZ3

And?

Why do you feel the need to police these servers?

Why can't you just let the devs handle it?

Why did you feel the need to come post about it on the forums?

I'll tell you why: You're a drama queen.

Mind your own business and let the devs handle it. You people that come running to the forums crying and screaming about rule breakers are really sad. Go live your lives and do something constructive.

They are "running the servers for the game." It's a fucking volunteer service that they pay into. There are QUEUES for people wanting to PAY FOR SERVERS to support the community. There's more inqueries than there is space. So follow the fucking rules, it isn't a goddamn advanced science.

Stop trying to make players feel like you control them cause you and your buddies pay for a server, I would GLADY pay for a high speed 60+ man server for over 300 a month to help the community. You don't control shit, get your heads out of your asses.

They are "running the servers for the game." It's a fucking volunteer service that they pay into. There are QUEUES for people wanting to PAY FOR SERVERS to support the community. There's more inqueries than there is space. So follow the fucking rules' date=' it isn't a goddamn advanced science.

Stop trying to make players feel like you control them cause you and your buddies pay for a server, I would GLADY pay for a high speed 60+ man server for over 300 a month to help the community. You don't control shit, get your heads out of your asses.

[/quote']

Then go ahead and pay for one.

I already told you, it's not that easy anymore. There are queues. You have to wait to pay for servers now depending on where you're coming from and wanting to do.

"Server owners need to start wising up. We are only processing about 20 to 30% of server requests for hosting due to the massive volume of offers. The clan servers need to realize they cannot just do whatever they feel like because their actions affect the rest of the game and the servers." - rocket