kimmaz

Cooking meat doesnt work!

Hello!

Been testing alot of metods but cant seem to get cooked food. I used Fish, Fish filet and Pig steak in all of the configurations below. And on multiple servers. both hardcore and normal.

• Fireplace with/without stones, inside house/outside
  • Gas stove with both frying pan and cooking pot.
  • 1,2,3 and 4 items at the time
  • Waiting for 30min on each try

It still i have yet to see a cooked item, its red all over the "tile" its in. and its title says "raw" fish, or raw beef. 

Anyone who have any advice please share,, i cannot find any information on this online (youtube, forums ect).

I waited for 20-40 min. timed it on my phone.

I managed to cook every type of meat and fish within about 11 minutes on a fire.

did you walk away from it at all? like 5-10meters from it? or did you stay in your inventory over it for 11min?

And can the server "lag" make it not cook? what server was you on? i used a UK 0-2 among others. have anyone cooked something on this server?

Edited by kimmaz

sure ill post some next time i play. ill try find a way to make the time show up. probably tonight gmt+1 (european time)

I cooked 4 deer steaks on a fire with 2 logs. In 24 mins I had 1 cooked steak. In less than 30 secs, the rest burnt. So the window from cooked to burnt is pretty small.

I tried same as you last night and it didn't work for me either. Waited for about 30 minutes with 6 different stack of meat.

I tried same as you last night and it didn't work for me either. Waited for about 30 minutes with 6 different stack of meat.

yeah, same here, had a few of us waiting around for it to cook last night before we logged out. we waited 30 mins.....nothing, packed up the fire place and logged off in the end.

dude how many firewood you had in the fireplace?

i tried with just 1 but did not worked....then i added 2 firewoods and after 10 mnutes my meat was cooked.

try to put at least 3 pieces of wood and wait 9,30/10.00 min

DavidOne, Thx for the tip. I tried with 1 log, then with 2 logs. ill try adding more of em fore sure!! Great idea!

Hello, i managed!!

Cooked 4 pieces of fish on a fire with 5 logs and 0 stone inside a shed. It took about 27-30min total. I stayed within 1 meter of the fire the entire time. I placed the fish inside after i lit the fire. Heres a print screen if if works:

XOUqzO2.jpg

Hello, i managed!!

Cooked 4 pieces of fish on a fire with 5 logs and 0 stone inside a shed. It took about 27-30min total. I stayed within 1 meter of the fire the entire time. I placed the fish inside after i lit the fire. Heres a print screen if if works:

XOUqzO2.jpg

I haven't tried cooking myself, but I gather from comments of others who have that the amounts of stones are important. From your experiences it seems they are not only important, but absolutely necessary in order to cook anything. I think you should try adding stones to your fireplace and repeat the experiment. It would be interesting to see what difference it makes.

Otherwise try to find a pan or cooking pot.

Edited by BadAsh

I killed a few deer with a pistol but found nothing on their corpses. Is meat a random drop or where do you get it?

Uhm. I've cooked plenty of deer steak on an open fire. It took about 10 mins, and the window from cooked to burned is incredibly small, like 30 seconds. 

Never had any issues. I wonder why yours are not cooking properly.

Also, if using gas stoves. A pot or pan IS required.

Edited by Daemonkid

I killed a few deer with a pistol but found nothing on their corpses. Is meat a random drop or where do you get it?

I killed a cow, admittedly with a garden hoe (and yes it took some time!), and the body was the same - nothing to be scavenged. That said, I didn't have a machete nor a kitchen knife and if this is like the mod then you needed a knife to gut a dead animal.

Not yet.

Thanks. I did give it a shot, but didn't spend too long. Obviously without illness or damage being tied to clothing wetness then it's not important just now. 

You need a knife to gut/skin it.

• Like 2

Hola All,

Haven't found any definitive answer on a quick search, so there it goes :

Do you actually need a frying pan / cooking pot to cook a steak or a fish ?

Found a cooking pot yesterday and, as a pre-emptive move to the upcoming update, dumped it in my backpack (4 slots if I remember), very irritating ! 

A stick should suffice, or an empty can. Hell I used to do that as a Boy Scout ! Tastes better too :)  

Are we gonna get aircon for our tents eventually? I think it is a must. ;)

Red

Edited by RedGuard

Hola All,

Haven't found any definitive answer on a quick search, so there it goes :

Do you actually need a frying pan / cooking pot to cook a steak or a fish ?

Found a cooking pot yesterday and, as a pre-emptive move to the upcoming update, dumped it in my backpack (4 slots if I remember), very irritating ! 

A stick should suffice, or an empty can. Hell I used to do that as a Boy Scout ! Tastes better too :)  

Are we gonna get aircon for our tents eventually? I think it is a must. ;)

Red

cooking pot is broken right now

cook meat on the fire directly. it takes longer but works very well.

i have not tried cooking with a frying pan yet.

Dude the cooking thing is messed up. I watched my deer steak go from RAW to BURNED instantly without any room to pull the meat out. I used a gas canister and it took about 10mins. I have it on video if anyone want me to upload. 

Hello!

Been testing alot of metods but cant seem to get cooked food. I used Fish, Fish filet and Pig steak in all of the configurations below. And on multiple servers. both hardcore and normal.

• Fireplace with/without stones, inside house/outside
  • Gas stove with both frying pan and cooking pot.
  • 1,2,3 and 4 items at the time
  • Waiting for 30min on each try

It still i have yet to see a cooked item, its red all over the "tile" its in. and its title says "raw" fish, or raw beef. 

Anyone who have any advice please share,, i cannot find any information on this online (youtube, forums ect).

All I can say is that it works for me, what happens is it will turn brown when it is cooked.  If I don't pay attention to it or if I walk out of the range of the fire for some reason, it burns.  I have cooked in the woods and in sheds, never tried in a house, never used stones.