Baklavah

Character locks to servers once loot respawn in effect

Hey everyone!

So, I know this is going to piss off all of the server hoppers (trust me it's how my group gets loot too...) but it makes more sense to have characters LOCKED to servers once loot respawn is in effect. First of all, it'll stop server hopping. 2nd, less ammunition, meds, guns, etc etc will be floating around. 3rd, once base-building and vehicles are implemented, it will give players a reason to stick to a server. And last but not least, it'll become necessary to identify the bandits and heroes on the server in order to maintain player relations. The reasoning here is that the servers' communities will have to rely on knowing who's who so as to avoid unnecessary conflicts.

It makes a ton of sense to me, what do you guys think? (Proper critique only please... I don't need any "you're fucking stupid that's so dumb" type of responses. Keep that kind of nonsense to yourselves)

~Baklavah

There should be no "relations" to unknown persons altough i like to have the same group of other players every time i play, too (private hives I miss you <3 )
Like you said with basebuilding (or even tents) you stick to one server anyway but you shouldn't force someone to stay on 1 server. I, for example dont like 40 man servers because there are to many player interactions at the coast. Therefore i change from time to time between my 3 favorite servers.

They should just set the time to 60 minutes until you can change the server, if someone still serverhopps you can't help him anyway.

Edited by Nesuma

Only the character location needs to be saved to server. Rocket is planning on having a global loot system to promote cross-server raids.

I will never understand the "we need fewer choices!" type of person.  OP, what I think is - NO! I play solo and I play where I want, when I want and I sure as hell don't want the game to tell me where and when I can play - there are many many more reasons to change servers than loot, sometimes you just click the wrong server to join. I owe no allegiance to any group including the servers and their owners and I aim to keep it that way. stop trying to remove my choices.

• Like 1

I will never understand the "we need fewer choices!" type of person.  OP, what I think is - NO! I play solo and I play where I want, when I want and I sure as hell don't want the game to tell me where and when I can play - there are many many more reasons to change servers than loot, sometimes you just click the wrong server to join. I owe no allegiance to any group including the servers and their owners and I aim to keep it that way. stop trying to remove my choices.

Western Plains of Oklahoma

stop trying to remove my choices.

I'm dying here ... :D

And it's your fault if you join the wrong server, 60 minutes or atleast 15 wouldn't be that hard to wait if it stops players like you ruining the experience.

Western Plains of Oklahoma

stop trying to remove my choices.

I'm dying here ... :D

And it's your fault if you join the wrong server, 60 minutes or atleast 15 wouldn't be that hard to wait if it stops players like you ruining the experience.

kinda hard for me to ruin your experience if we are not on the same server ehh sport? peeps like you are the reason I really have no love for the community overall. you can shove your false accusations up your backside.  

• Like 1

Get out.

• Like 1

kinda hard for me to ruin your experience if we are not on the same server ehh sport? peeps like you are the reason I really have no love for the community overall. you can shove your false accusations up your backside.  

Such rage, very angry...

And what IF we're on the same server? I shot enough people logging in infront of me at high spots.

Get out.

Why? Because I like to play this beautiful game in a serious way and how it's meant to be played?

But i guess I stired up a hornets' nest with you two :/

Nope.

Let's say, you set up a base,  barricade it very well, you have lots of valuable things stored there, like food/drinks, medic-stuff, etc.

And then the server just "crashes" or hangs up, etc. => evrything is lost.

Not just your stuff, but everyone else's stuff, who was on the server.

I would prefer, if the stuff would be Character-hive-locked.

So things spawn and de-spawn with you.

There needs to be a cool-down-timer, however, since a whole fortress, which appears and disappears at any given time is somewhat overpowered xD

Such rage, very angry...

And what IF we're on the same server? I shot enough people logging in infront of me at high spots.

Why? Because I like to play this beautiful game in a serious way and how it's meant to be played?

there is no rage - only disappointment that you exist.

unless you are playing on US servers we are never going to be on the same server (experimental may be the only exception) I have played on a euro server or two and I really don't like the people I find there so I will just stick to my local servers thanks.

as there are no rules other than what can and cannot be accomplished by engine limitations there is no "how its meant to be played" that's the fantastic brilliance of a sandbox - don't like it? go somewhere else.

what you did was be an asshat and make false accusation while attempting to demean my home in some inordinate way. you sir, have no manners and are certainly not worthy of any further consideration.

my sympathies to your fellow euro gamers.

• Like 1

Such rage, very angry...

just because you are ignorant! you think you choise to play should be the communitys. thats why. you think thats cool to be server locked? what about players who like to play with friends and like the action aspect in this game? "oh look, our server is offline, on which we spent 3 hours of looting yesterday." "damnit, just spent the whole evening on looting again, today"

• Like 1

just because you are ignorant! you think you choise to play should be the communitys. thats why. you think thats cool to be server locked? what about players who like to play with friends and like the action aspect in this game? "oh look, our server is offline, on which we spent 3 hours of looting yesterday." "damnit, just spent the whole evening on looting again, today"

I didn't say server locked, i said you shouldn't be able to switch every 300 seconds. And why should you have to loot again after changing server? And do you really think that it's a personal thing that I want to stop server-hopping? That I personally don't like it? Just me?.... Meh

I gotta admit, I loot on empty servers while I'm alone too. But this is true, it's cheating, you  can move between empty servers and loot same location, then come to some sniper spot and switch to full server and shoot. That's not right. But on the other side if server is going empty we like to switch to another where we can experience more PvP. That's the thing I would really miss with server switching off.

• Like 1