Sign in to follow this  
Slyguy65

People copying dayz are doing it wrong.

Because dayz isnt even focusing on the IT factor itself

The game is clearly flocked to because of griefing/deathmatch factor.

NOT THE SURVIVAL..or lol..the zombies, rust has sown the environmental enemy can be whatever.

This fact saddens me, but hey its the truth. I bet if they just did something like planetside 2 scale wise with no teams, and charecter customization and junk they would have what people are wanting. Which is simply an open world death match mmo.

No matter how many cool things are added to dayz, whether they have fortifying or base building... or vehicle building or gathering, hunting. Nope, the majority will still just focus on the griefing, deathmatch aspect above all else. The other features will simply be icing on the cake when attempting to grief as hard as possible. It is actually kind of sick to me how people get off on how much they can piss someone lse off, like as sick as torture, cause it is really the same thing except to multiple people instead of just one.

Ya I am kinda calling the game a circlejerk of griefers and spiters who want to fuck over eachother for fun.

I thought the game would evolve past that 1 dimensional path and be more of survival sim with player created trades and stuff, but because of the lack of any actual things to do, like rstoring power, taking out hordes, finding military. The only thing people were imprinted with was "hmm no one here, oh wait *bang* yay something to do besides looting"

TLDNR

Dayz gave an awesome taste of what could be, unfortunately it lacked depth at the start and never really improved on that so people just got used to loving the only thing available; looting, killing. Because its all we know, there wont be any change (in behavior).

Edited by Slyguy65
  • Like 3

Tbh, after playing the experimental servers with all the hunting / fishing, I actually forgot I was playing DayZ. 

• Like 1

persistent storage will further  decrease need for survival

persistent storage will further  decrease need for survival

Persistent storage will give people time to do more positive stuff like being a Hero.

• Like 2

I, too, thought the game would evolve past Mod but I fear it is doomed to repeat the "failures" of its predecessor. The first open world "survival" game that progresses past the "slow deathmatch" stage to something that approximates survival in a post-apocalyptic setting will be incredibly successful.

Jesus dude, its a sandbox game, dont blame the game, blame the players ffs.

• Like 1

Persistent storage will give people time to do more positive stuff like being a Hero.

no it will lead to a pay to win game which sucks, i will not be part of a game like that.

i tried the breaking Point mod on the Weekend!

worst Thing.  pistols not showing up in Holsters when u dont have them equipped!  I HATE THAT!!!!

animations look silly and unreal

weapons look like shit!

melee combat is just a joke!

you Need ammunition for melee!!

kos  more present than in dayz

not finding a car at all in altis is not cool!     (anyone ever tried to travel altis on foot?)

weapons look like shit!

Some of the (A3) weapons are really nice. The axe looks like shit, though.

melee combat is just a joke!

Yup.

you Need ammunition for melee!!

Think of it as durability.

kos  more present than in dayz

Wrong. I have grouped up with randoms on many occasions while playing as a Survivalist. If there is a guy wearing a mask, shoot him. If you are playing a guy with a mask, kill everyone else.

not finding a car at all in altis is not cool!     (anyone ever tried to travel altis on foot?)

I have found several vehicles. You actually have to repair them, though... and traveling Altis on foot is pretty awesome. I have ran from one side to the other multiple times, hitting all of the high-value loot locations (e.g. Ghost Hotel, Stadium) on the way.
  • Like 1

if i remember correct the devs said you could put a banana in the Holster and others can see it  (in dayz sa )!!!

f i look at breaking Point!   NOT EVEN THE PISTOLS SHOW UP IN THE HOLSTERS!!!!!!!!!!

this is a game changer for me!   FashionZ  > KosScumZ

this is bugging me since i "traded" arma3!

Edited by brumey

You're right that the appeal is the pvp/looting etc.  I wouldn't necessarily call it griefing.  The freedom of the open world sandbox is the draw though for a lot of people, absolutely.

It's not something new to DayZ, the first major mmo Ultima Online had a very similar appeal, though much more complex in all aspects.  However, I feel DayZ borrows a bit from those earlier games, when responsibility was still on the player for determining his own safety, instead of tons of systems in place to hold his hand.  I've been really hoping the popularity of DayZ proves to people that there was always a market for this type of sandbox experience, and that we'll see some more true mmos follow in the same vein.

There's been a few over the years, the most popular probably being Eve, with some not quite as successful ones like Darkfall etc, but no major studio has really given it a go so hopefully we'll see a trend back in that direction.

I've always been a firm believer though that good pve compliments good pvp, so I'm hoping DayZ itself becomes really fleshed out and something even more awesome.

• Like 2

i m a griefer at heart, but i dont kos

i come from dark souls and demon souls!

using a microfone when griefing adds a whole new level^^    thats my appeal

Edited by brumey

As long as we have complete anonimity and no incentive for

players to work together as a team,i agree the game is doomed to be a large dm for life.

Zombies should be the primary antagonist,on that note i'm suggesting zombies are made the primary

cause of death in DayZ,rather than bandits.So that people start forming groups in order to survive the infected AI alone.

Also,I will say it again,a trading system should be in order,survivors in DayZ shouldn't be "know it all" experts in what they do.

I'm thinking that the more you do something the better you get

and are allowed to progress to diferent crafting/actions and improve your effectivness

(passive skill tree-like Aion styled but without purchasing the recipes,they unlock with skill).

Like let's say i'm bandaging-first aid skill raises-i can collect a sample-first skill raises-i can determine how to use the blood test kit-

skill raises-im able to bloodbag-skill raises-i'm able to make natural painkillers.Same principle should be introduced with the rest actions.

Having people skilled at something(eg:good doctor) would mean an asset(i am credit to team).

The mod was fine on that account. I loved surviving and I always preferred that over griefing. With fishing, etc. being added to SA, I feel like I'm gonna have a real good time once persistent storage gets in.

I used to just sit by my campfire at night, treasuring my collection of rare firearms  :lol:

Edited by The End.
  • Like 2

haha @ hero,

haha @ hero,

haha @ getting what a sandbox game is

Zombies should be the primary antagonist,on that note i'm suggesting zombies are made the primary

No?

What is more likley to be your main concern: Stupid zombies that are noisy and can hit you only in melee....or a hidden player shooting you from afar with deadly weaponry.

I don't grief, but I kill on sight. When I kill someone I do it in silence, not shouting nor trolling. And my dearest wish is always finding and killing large clans. The larger the better.

That survival part is all well and looks nice but what is it good for? You have abundance of food and water in the game already, what would we need hunting for actually? It seems very gimmicky. They'd have to lower the foodloot significantly in order to force me to hunt animals instead of people. Which they might do, but then looting cities will become very frustrating. I assume if there was sickness in this game yet, you would have other things to do and behave diffrently. For instance you can't stay out in the rain for too long without protective clothing. Otherwise that would cause sickness, forcing you to fight said sickness.

The Idea about a skillsystem is crossing my mind for a long time now. It might lead to two things: More frustration upon death and/or less KoS (if the bandits that rob you need a skilled engineer and you are one, that might buy you time for talking to them and making them not kill you after your work is done). 

Proper basebuilding would force you and your group also out on unusual or contested places. Depending on what you need for your base. I would really like the introduction of some kind of hotspot worth bothering with, which attracts pvp. Then you scared PVE people can avoid those hotspots most of the time, unless you need something from there.

Oh and also, the current crew I roll with I found while fighting some guy at the Office in the NEAF. I besieged a camper there and another guy came around. We allied to kill the camper and ended up playing together now for days. So pvp actually can force you to group up when zombies can not. And they never could. If you wanna see damn hard zombies, try DayZero. People still never ally against zombies, they are always the background of things.

Edited by Khanarac

haha @ getting what a sandbox game is

duno what youre on about sorry, i was haha cuz i dont see hero and bandit as having a place in dayz

As long as we have complete anonimity and no incentive for

players to work together as a team,i agree the game is doomed to be a large dm for life.

cause of death in DayZ,rather than bandits.So that people start forming groups in order to survive the infected AI alone.

Also,I will say it again,a trading system should be in order,survivors in DayZ shouldn't be "know it all" experts in what they do.

I'm thinking that the more you do something the better you get

and are allowed to progress to diferent crafting/actions and improve your effectivness

(passive skill tree-like Aion styled but without purchasing the recipes,they unlock with skill).

Like let's say i'm bandaging-first aid skill raises-i can collect a sample-first skill raises-i can determine how to use the blood test kit-

skill raises-im able to bloodbag-skill raises-i'm able to make natural painkillers.Same principle should be introduced with the rest actions.

Having people skilled at something(eg:good doctor) would mean an asset(i am credit to team).

Meh, not so sure on some of this. A large number of players want to play solo, and don't want to clan/guild up. If you make it so you can only survive in a group, you lose too many players. A skill system sounds okay, but considering you lose it all on death, other groups will come and kill your one or two most important skilled players just to grief you. I like the idea of skills, but I don't see how it works when it resets on every death. 

They already gave the zombies WOW like Crit strikes on players, I'm not sure what else we want??? Do we enable the zed's to Crit players at a higher %? give them even more stealth detection? allow them to jump levels, like they jump through walls now? The only real weakness they have is their limited numbers. I don't mind the idea zombie groups on the prowl, but they need to be random and not just clustered around special loot areas.

As for persistent storage: I don't see how it changes any current behaviors. If you KOS now, you still KOS with a tent somewhere. If you bandit/rob, then you just have more storage area to store your fat lootz. If you hero now, you keep on hero dancing. It doesn't change the fundamental texture of the game. Nor does fishing or hunting. I have seen games with time-sinks like hunting and fishing, and it only fights off the boredom for a little while.

In the end, I don't know if player behavior will be any different than it is now. We might be more refined in our tactics, but I don't know if it will this social utopia that some envision.

• Like 1

animations look silly and unreal

weapons look like shit!

Animations are 100x better than dayz stand alone.

There actually is an animation for looking in your inventory unlike in SA where you can sprint 20 mph while having full access to your gear.

The weapons are fantastic I want to say it looks like they are using the RH weapon mod pack.

mtfxisvh_2_4.jpg

Robert hammers weapon packs are far above anything in even stand alone.

really some of the best if not the best weapons within the talented arma community.

RH_M4-M16_Pack_2.jpg

no need to be a Stand Alone suckass.

• Like 1

yup. i have test some other survival games. these games are for players that need loot. all loot to feel special. you can buy hats to show your coolnes.

but dayz feels like a original. because dean have real life experience. other dev teams have survival game experience.

im not a fanboy. but this is what i see when i play the games.

Meh, not so sure on some of this. A large number of players want to play solo, and don't want to clan/guild up. If you make it so you can only survive in a group, you lose too many players.

I'm not saying that we should eardicate the lone-wolf mentality.I'm just saying,to make it extremly hard and stealth based as it is realisticly inteded.It's not realistic to have one-man armies going for a stroll around Cherno running,plowing through hordes of weak ass zombies.

A skill system sounds okay, but considering you lose it all on death, other groups will come and kill your one or two most important skilled players just to grief you. I like the idea of skills, but I don't see how it works when it resets on every death. 

That's the idea,giving more value to the individual survivor rather than just a "walking closet".

The loss upon death impact would be fairly increased.Along with your gear,you would lose all the aquired knowledge.

That would also help greatly distinguishing certain survivors from others when forging communities.

If a survivor that has offered alot of time with his skills helping the community and dies,the loss of death will affect the group as whole.

As for persistent storage: I don't see how it changes any current behaviors. If you KOS now, you still KOS with a tent somewhere. If you bandit/rob, then you just have more storage area to store your fat lootz. If you hero now, you keep on hero dancing. It doesn't change the fundamental texture of the game. Nor does fishing or hunting. I have seen games with time-sinks like hunting and fishing, and it only fights off the boredom for a little while.

In the end, I don't know if player behavior will be any different than it is now. We might be more refined in our tactics, but I don't know if it will this social utopia that some envision.

I agree persistant storage will not change anything,that's why i suggested the things above.

am i the only one here that thinks when "dirty water" is introduced and finaly there are real implications on how broken limbs /ect. affect you...the Z ai is bearable and millgear is more rare..you might see some cooperation.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel