nurdseprem

Gear Shifting Concept for the SA.

Hello there, i just created a little concept for vehicles on reddit, but somehow there are people downvoting my thread just one minute after i have created it. Its really annoying to get a few views on that because it just gets so damn negative voted that i can't get acess to some critism.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/26gyzf/dayz_sa_gear_shifting_concept/

Thank you guys, im not bagging or something ... but its really frustrating :/

• Like 3

I'm a automatic type of guy, I don't like manuals. :P

Not a bad idea, for others who do not want to click link..

uzO8rQp.png

hvtqy8H.png

sddXL2g.png

kY7koqi.png

Your just the bestest. XD

• Like 2

I like the idea but some concepts need to change, such as:

Lower gear don't necessarily mean less noise and lower fuel consumption.
I can be in 2nd gear @ 5000 RPM and use more fuel than if I was in 6th gear @ 2000 RPM.

You also forgot to mention using the clutch :)

Edited by Shadow134

Hello there, i just created a little concept for vehicles on reddit, but somehow there are people downvoting my thread just one minute after i have created it. Its really annoying to get a few views on that because it just gets so damn negative voted that i can't get acess to some critism.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/26gyzf/dayz_sa_gear_shifting_concept/

Thank you guys, im not bagging or something ... but its really frustrating :/

Live and die by the arrows of death mano. I always organise reddit subs by NEW after i have sussed out the hot topics as i think a lot do so you will get the views required, you,just need to wait a bit after your initial posting:)

• Like 1

Great suggestion the more sim aspects in the game the better.

I like the idea, if implemented correctly. It would be nice to have neutral as well so you could coast down a hill silently and then drop into gear if you need a quick take off.

Manual shifting is a very good idea indeed. Makes it a bit more than a mundane experience to drive a car/truck.

Beans!

Edited by R.Neville

I'm in favor of making anything involving vehicles a bit more involved.

Manual shifting is a very good idea indeed. Makes it a bit more than a mundane experience to drive a car/truck.

Beans!

Also makes logical sense as there are almost no automatic cars in countries like chernarus.

• Like 1

how about adding 4x4 and low 4x4 ? The cars can be made to get stuck in on sand and muddy grounds - those with 4x4 can avoid it , those with 4x4 low can be used especially for climbing extreme hill degrees - where other cars will fail to produce enough power to go us a 4x4 low will succeed 

Edited by ra91111

I want manual gear but not using arrows. I want to drive and use mouse to look around, it should be normalne WEASD like in ArmA and SHIFT and CTRL for switching upper and lower gears. That would be good compromise between simplicity and realism.

No thanks. Adding another layer of coding will bog this already stressed game down. Also I could see cars that would normally have an automatic transmission being lumped in for simplicity.

No thanks. Adding another layer of coding will bog this already stressed game down. Also I could see cars that would normally have an automatic transmission being lumped in for simplicity.

Skipping this idea because that would require more coding isn't a very good reason to me. Do you want to make the game a simple thing, with no features just to be able to say "It's finished now, yay!"? If the developers take more time to create a more advanced game than I have no problem with that.

Other than that, I like the concept. Might be a little annoying for the younger ones playing the game as they have no idea on how to drive a car. This does actually sound like something that could be implemented to the Hardcore servers (?).