Hikurac

Remove In-game Player List

Should We Remove The In-Game Player List  

194 members have voted

1. 1. Should We Remove The In-Game Player List

I said no because I don't want to play on an empty server. As is 40 players is already low for a map so big. If I join a server with 40 players I want to know if people are leaving so I can find another high pop if need be.

I like the idea, if just for Hardcore mode servers only. Also the idea of removing player numbers from browser and changing it to under/above half and full just to mess with the server jumpers a bit. It isn't about letting people play on low or high pop servers as they can tell that at the browser. It is about immersion and gameplay. If you see a few people together in a town and press P and see a clan of 10 is in there, then you know good chance there are more of them nearby if its that group and can play accordingly, while that is fine it is immersion breaking and ruins the experience somewhat for the other group as well. If it wasn't on, you'd see a small group and either go and talk to them maybe to team up or shoot them for loot, only to get jumped on by the other 7 members of the group.

I would say yes, good feature but for hardcore servers only.  Normal remains as is.

i agree

I-agree.jpg

I would say yes, good feature but for hardcore servers only.  Normal remains as is.

Yes.

As radios will work now much better, you need to be able to see who is griefing to mute them..

This.

I checked all the replies and Calibre here is the only person to mention it. I have no problem with not knowing the number of people on the server, but don't turn the player list off while also removing the ability to mute annoying troll cunts.

however it would be nice not knowing who and how many are on.

No-one forces you to press "P"

• Like 3

I got the solution!! Make a checkbox option under "options->gameplay" called Allow playerlist. If you check the box your able to press P, and if you dont you cant press P!! Everyone wins the arguement!

As for not seeing how many are online when looking at the server list. Make a 3rd party program like dayz commander, and make it as you like. then you dont need to see how many are online!!

• Like 1

No-one forces you to press "P"

Same thing when it comes to graphics. Seems like a bad idea to raise them up when everyone else lowers them in order to see other people easier. No point in me not seeing the player list if everyone else uses it :/ It's just one of those annoying situations you have to deal with while on a computer sim/game. Immersion vs. Advantage. As for the idea in general, i'm all for having it on hardcore only, allowing you to see if your friends are on the server as well.

Edited by Hikurac
  • Like 1

Kinda pointless... You can just go to a site that tracks server based games like gametracker.com and see whos on what server..

If someones willing to alt tab, get on a internet browser, type in GameTracker, and find the server their on (when most people have trouble finding it already), just to see who's on, then by all means let them. I doubt 95% of people who use the player list like I said would go through the effort to do it that way. Same with the Steam way. It's just a matter of convenience and accessability. Take that away and most won't even bother trying alternatives.

Force people who live in the same house to lock themselves in closets away from each other to play  :D

Until renters can get access to their server logs.  Bad idea removing the player list.  I want to be able to kick players who have very inappropriate names.  This is not directed at you Philly

I don't know why it would effect your ability to kick people with degrading names. Considering that you wouldn't be able to see their names and get offended in the first place without a player list  :lol:.

I don't know why it would effect your ability to kick people with degrading names. Considering that you wouldn't be able to see their names and get offended in the first place without a player list  :lol:.

Irrelevant. I don't want these ass clowns on my server. Cjances are these are the same players who scream profanity and racism in direct chat.

Does it really matter if it's there or not? It's not like it's poking you in the face - you have to press a key for it to show up and that key is like 10-15cm's away from the rest of the main keys we use (by default) so it's a bit of a struggle to go all the way over to that side of my keyboard just to press P.

So yeh...

It may be unrealistic but It's the main way to see if friends are online, check your ping, see who's online in your in a clan and ofcourse check for nuisance player names.

Yes it means we can judge how busy a certain area may be or what percentage we may run into another player but that doesn't give away anyone's position or likelihood of where everyone is.

Degrading names are typically the funniest ones to me, I saw a guy named Hugh G. Rection just the other day. 

Yes. Seeing how many players are there on the server is cheating and pussy move

how is it a pussy move it is not like you can see where they are. you might play for hours looking for someone and not know you are the only one on the server and that will make a shit experience. what i think is a pussy move at least for this type of game is team speak if it is not part of the game like walkie talkies it is a cheat. i bet hackers say everyone else dose it so it is ok. team speak is the in game equivalent to telepathic abilities where no players can hear you except your friends. the player list is needed. Maybe on some hardcore servers they can remove it but most servers should keep it 

Edited by Boxer23

Team speak is fine.  Calling your friends on the phone is fine.  LEts not get too nutty with this GAME.

No

Dayz is a game, and when I am playing a game online I want to check if my friends are on the same server and if they have accidentaly disconnected.

I understand what you are saying but still no. All you super-hardcore-realism fans can mod the game when its ready if you want to.

• Like 1