Sign in to follow this  
hannibaldaplaya

Experimental brings us hunting, do you want to know what this means?

That means canned goods should become super rare.

There are now animals, at least in Experimental, that we can hunt down and kill. The need for abundant canned beans and bacon is now nonexistent. One town should not have enough food to energize you, it should have barely any food at all. There are now alternatives to scavenging for food.

This means...

We can make the game harder! The food spawns can be toned down. Players will have to be patient and hunt so that they can't starve. Food can be a challenge! It can! It should!

So, will we be seeing food spawns toned down? I hope so!

• Like 40

Moved to Suggestions

• Like 1

As much as I want that to be the case.

If they do that, the pacth will last 2-3 days tops if they reduce food spawns

The Devs will have to revert back to infinite food spawns or risk drowning in the tears

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior
  • Like 6

The Devs will have to revert back to infinite food spawns or risk drowning in the tears

sad but true

• Like 4

If people get up and cry cause they aint got food they can leave, I am generally a polite man, but you say that the game doesn't have enough food, they can leave. Think about it, as an example Do the characters In The Walking Dead have infinite food? Do the people from Dawn Of The Dead have an infinite food? Either way, In my opinion I love the idea. Fuck the tears. It is the dev's game. Not  the players as they are an important factor the hardcore game lovers will stay. the pvpers will leave. And I believe that is a fact.

Edited by Jfiles
  • Like 1

If people get up and cry cause they aint got food they can leave, I am generally a polite man, but you say that the game doesn't have enough food, they can leave. Think about it, as an example Do the characters In The Walking Dead have infinite food? Do the people from Dawn Of The Dead have an infinite food? Either way, In my opinion I love the idea. Fuck the tears. It is the dev's game. Not  the players as they are an important factor the hardcore game lovers will stay. the pvpers will leave. And I believe that is a fact.

Believe me it won't matter, the same thing happend on the mod when they made zombies badass

3 days and 50 tears topics later the Devs changed them back to hobos with wet paper towels

Same thing will happen here as soon as people have to actually search further than Berezino for food

• Like 1

Believe me it won't matter, the same thing happend on the mod when they made zombies badass

3 days and 50 tears topics later the Devs changed them back to hobos with wet paper towels

Same thing will happen here as soon as people have to actually search further than Berezino for food

Its a bitch how they do that. I wish they could realize if they do that they will get those topics yes, but those people will leave, which isn't good, but it will bring those players who bought it and don't like it because its to easy will come back, and will bring more apocalypse game lovers too. But, I guess I wouldn't risk it either.

Food spawns should be slightly toned down, but only by ten or fifteen percent. There has to be a lure to go into cities...

• Like 1

Food spawns should be slightly toned down, but only by ten or fifteen percent. There has to be a lure to go into cities...

No, by more then that, there is way too much food.

It needs to be toned down by ninety percent.

• Like 3

Ressources should be rare.

You should be happpy as hell to find a well and not just think "Sweet, now my cola can stay in my inventory longer"

You should be happy to find food and not leave it cause your inventory is too full with "manly" stuff like knifes and guns.

Energized should be a rare state.

Ammo should be so freaking rare that you would think ten times before you pull the trigger to kill another Bambie for fun.

You shouldnt be able to choose guns, finding a gun at all should be a reason to celebrate.

I like this game but it has waaaaay too much loot, if they dont change it after Alpha, its gonna kill every survival feeling other than "better dont get killed by other players who are just assholes cause they clearly dont have to kill you for loot"

I mean today I walked into a random house in a small village and found 3 cans of food, 2 sodas and an apple...

Survival feeling? 404 not found!

Edited by Raoul9753
  • Like 15

Preparing your own food would be a nice addition to this. Say that you have a can of beans, and a dead deer or something. You could cook 'em up, throw them together in a pot, and make a nice Roasted Deer for two. This would take time to cook and create, of course. But, I'd love to see pseudo-cooking in DayZ. Those pots need a use beyond caving in skulls.

Edited by The Aquatic Land Walrus
  • Like 1

I hope you realize that not everyone who plays DayZ plays it hardcore. I don't play to rack up my "Days survived" stats. I play to run around, enjoy the feel of looting a pristine item, maybe kill a zombie or two, eventually die, and learn from it. I am here for the fun, not to be competitive.

• Like 1

I hope you realize that not everyone who plays DayZ plays it hardcore. I don't play to rack up my "Days survived" stats. I play to run around, enjoy the feel of looting a pristine item, maybe kill a zombie or two, eventually die, and learn from it. I am here for the fun, not to be competitive.

DayZ is also not a game for everyone.

• Like 4

I'm okay with less food, but there needs to be more ways to heal to compensate.

If I start starving to death as a freshspawn, but then pull it back by finding a little bit of food then I'm going to spend the rest of the game with black and white vision unless somebody has the kindness to bloodbag me. I'm never going to be able to heal on my own. The same goes for zombie attacks. If I get the shit beaten out of me early on, then I'm going to spend hours and hours seeing the world like a film noir. 

I'm all for a more difficult game, but I have no interest in playing the game in black and white.

• Like 5

I think theres a game in Developement for you, H1Z1 from SoE.

Guess its going to be casual enough for your needs, heard they even have pure PvE Servers.

• Like 5

I'm okay with less food, but there needs to be more ways to heal to compensate.

If I start starving to death as a freshspawn, but then pull it back by finding a little bit of food then I'm going to spend the rest of the game with black and white vision unless somebody has the kindness to bloodbag me. I'm never going to be able to heal on my own. The same goes for zombie attacks. If I get the shit beaten out of me early on, then I'm going to spend hours and hours seeing the world like a film noir. 

I'm all for a more difficult game, but I have no interest in playing the game in black and white.

No because you can hunt now... Thats the spirit of the topic :>

You should be happpy as hell to find a well and not just think "Sweet, now my cola can stay in my inventory longer"

You should be happy to find food and not leave it cause your inventory is too full with "manly" stuff like knifes and guns.

Ammo should be so freaking rare that you would think ten times before you pull the trigger to kill another Bambie for fun.

You shouldnt be able to choose guns, finding a gun at all should be a reason to celebrate.

I like this game but it has waaaaay too much loot, if they dont change it after Alpha, its gonna kill every survival feeling other than "better dont get killed by other players who are just assholes cause they clearly dont have to kill you for loot"

I mean today I walked into a random house in a small village and found 3 cans of food, 2 sodas and an apple...

100 % this

i played 2 hours on the experimental servers tonight and my small backpack was filled with tons of food... :(  i stopped a player near the railroads in the ne and gave him some cereals because i had 2 pcs of it...

but damn...i cant find the right ammo on experimetal hc and reg. not a single bullet for my sks, believe me or not... it was a very cool experience for me because it was really the first time in 300 hours without a single bullet for my gun! :thumbsup: very impressiv and thrilling as i faced the other player.

balancing is the key but this will come in beta. its to early for a reaal balancing, there are so much new items are comming... we have just to wait B)

i like the exp. patch really

thx dean n team - it was fun tonight ;)

Edited by quantum2k6

Scavenging for berries is now a lot easier, too!

Make canned foods like gold, bullets too!

• Like 4

i dont know what would be rarer an animal that isnt already dead or a can of beans that isnt yet eaten...

• Like 1

I don't understand how cans of food would be all that rare really, clearly any kind of evacuation in this place failed hence all the dead people running around.

Unless you just don't stock well look in your cupboards, how many cans of food are there? I guarantee there won't be just one most people have at least 10 and then say there's 60 houses in a town, 600 cans of food so I don't see why there should only be a couple it's unreasonable that everyone would have been able to pack everything in the panic.

This is one of the "realistic" aspects of the game...that isn't really.

I'm not saying that there should be tons of cans in each house as that would be too easy but toning it down to like 3 per town is ridiculous, especially since 64 bit servers are coming which means a lot more time before a server is reset, every town would just be looted for those 3 cans by like the 3 hour mark.

• Like 2

No, by more then that, there is way too much food.

It needs to be toned down by ninety percent.

Nah bro, food and clothing should be the number one commodities in cities (in my opinion). But I definitely support the establishment of "hunting servers" that could reduce the amount of food spawned in cities but make animals more common.

Different strokes for different folks... there should be servers that have low amounts of food and ammo, simulating a time years after the zombie apocalypse.

I support a new loot system that is more persistent so that loot didn't respawn so often- that is the real problem.

I am not into the 'we're out of food' thing, number one people grow food, and number two watching the movie The Road really disturbed me and I want this game to be different. 

I have to agree that there is too much food in the game, and adding hunting will add even more, but I also think there is a bigger problem:  people starve to death FAR TOO FAST!!!!

A healthy person can live for a month on water alone, and I'm not even using the longest cases as an example here.  It's ridiculous that I can starve to death in less than a day on this 'realistic survival' game.

Just saying that going from a full stomach to starving from 30 minutes of running is ridiculous.  Make food harder to find, but also implement a weight system so you lose weight before you die... heck, people could get all fat and funny looking if they ate too much, but we all know that shouldn't happen in the zombie apocalypse.

• Like 1