Sign in to follow this  
Irish.

The new weapon sway..

I have found the weapons sway now when moving your aim from side to side in experimental.

Im sure many of you already know this. But lets discuss this fact, since I just found it in experimental and this section is to discuss things that are found in experimental.. Feel free to use these forums to discuss specific experimental patches and things you have found.

Right? Ok go, discuss your thoughts on the the new weapon sway animation. 

:)

:huh:

Edited by lrish

Weapons move slower than your head movement to create a balance for using smaller weapons indoors ect. However this is already in the stable branch so not really an experimental topic.

I prefer this to the dispersion method, hopefully this is the first step to deleting dispersion, right now the AK seems accurate to a point, I was able to hit a zombie at around 150 or so with irons last night while testing it. Couldn't see WHERE I hit, but I dropped it with one shot and was pretty proud of myself for being able to do it after having missed a ton of shots that session with the amphibia due to the weapon sway.

Now that I think about it, we were using the amphibia and the colt 1911 engraved, and were hitting our targets whenever we would stop and AIM, perhaps dispersion has already been disabled.

Edit: no he means that while in Irons and perfectly still the weapon will sway from side to side slightly, this IS something I noticed with the scopes.

Edited by bodybagger2430

However this is already in the stable branch so not really an experimental topic.

See that would require this being part of a patch note. Which it is not, so therefore it is part of the experimental discussion..

I mean right? Unless it was part of that last stable update and I missed it completely and still am missing it?

See that would require this being part of a patch note. Which it is not, so therefore it is part of the experimental discussion..

I mean right? Unless it was part of that last stable update and I missed it completely and still am missing it?

The weapon lagging behind your head is "weapon dexterity", what you describe is the weapon moving side to side when aiming, he is referring to the weapon dexterity from last patch, so yes, you are on topic, as sights DO seem to sway now even when prone and not out of breath now and they didn't last patch.

• Like 1

you are on topic

Apparently I was not as this is now in general discussion.. was there a new patch to stable?  :huh:

More weapon sway is always better.

arma 3 has great sway would be nice for the gun to sway more the longer it is held up in aim mode, holding up a weapon indefinitely is not easy lots of arm fatigue.

• Like 2

Next step: add more sway, remove dispersion from pristine weapons.

Next step: add more sway, remove dispersion from pristine weapons.

For that to happen they would need to get rid of the corny and silly attachment system.

I dont see them doing that. They seem to love their RPG aspects in the game FOLDING stock + 30 accuracy. Railed handguard -20 percent recoil + 10 accuracy.

• Like 2

I like the sway, but it should come with an option to support your weapon on suitable surfaces. And of course a working bipod.

• Like 2

For that to happen they would need to get rid of the corny and silly attachment system.

I dont see them doing that. They seem to love their RPG aspects in the game FOLDING stock + 30 accuracy. Railed handguard -20 percent recoil + 10 accuracy.

Yeah but this isn't Call of Dooty.

Or just... retool it... give things different values which aren't related to down-range performance...

Or just... retool it... give things different values which aren't related to down-range performance...

What  I meant.

Not outright removal but no stat bonuses.

• Like 2

Weapon sway's in stable too. I can't really compare it because I only have an AKM in exp.

HAY MNA UR A JERK I LIEK TEH FAKT DAT WEHN I POOT A PEICE OF PALSTIC ON MY GNU IT MAEKS IT WAY MOAR ACKURTAE

But seriously, I think it's time they do something with the attachment system. Equipping a different plastic handguard should not increase your accuracy at all.

Is this sway relevant for aiming or just some kind of idle animation?

There was a pretty nice suggestion about aiming in general and those attachements specifically (link in my signature). Attachements (especially buttstocks and bipods) might also affect sway as could stamina, pain etc. leaving dispersion only for weapon and ammo condition as well as some base dispersion (depending on the weapon -> lower for longer or more advanced weapons). It would be pretty silly if every weapon had 100% accuracy in pristine condition. Sway should also affect recoil to make it impossible to spray with full accuracy.

Edited by Evil Minion

I like the new sway, it's nice. Needs more fine tuning but we are on the right track which is good.

Edited by Daemonkid