Sign in to follow this  
z13l5ch31b3

for balancing the pvp

Hi team,

after you're quite busy with the Z's and adding new weapons, me by myself tought about the exessive player versus player gaming. I think the main roblem of this 'Wasteland'game is the amount of players / grops whos intention is to kill other players as effective as they can. On one side, it's teamgaming, yes. But for 'this' survival-horror-game -it's poison. Wasteland-like with a small amount of zombies.

To balance it, you should/could do this by the Zs itself. Maybe you can test it on none-experimental and none-regular server for the first time. To stress the game a bit:

Pump up the Z spawn rate by a douzen, give them ears for 350 meters. So if a bandit/group will shot from their spot, they HAVE to calculate that min 20 Zs will listen to them and start to search for them.

Maybe your thinking goes the same way, and you plan to realize it in beta -but the actually situation on the servers are depressive. You ' re flooding the game with weapons and as you see by yourself in a ton of youtube videos, it's not what a survival game has to be. And I dont think, dear Dean, it's what you want to create as you started your mod.

Sorry for worse english, and please mindstorm this.

'greetings

• Like 1

The problem with solving this with zombies is the current archetecture is struggling as it is. Thus the move to make the servers 64Bit. However balancing any other way to try and limit PVP is unacceptable. (i might have missed a way but i don't know how you could fix PVP in game other than the zombies without adding in some sort of PTSD like effect or nerfing stuff with realistic values already which is complete bullshit.)

Most everything moving you see in this game is a PLACEHOLDER. Things are going to change. There will be an entirely new zombie and animal navmesh to dictate where they can and can't go. New zombie skeleton rigging and models are being worked on along with a ton of other content that is going to give people shit to do. They are not going to waste any more time trying to fix these current zombies when I makes zero sense as they are replacing it entirely. Also 64 bit servers and hopefully hyper threading coming down the line so were not just using a single core on the client. Once that shit is done then they will amp up the zombies, lower loot spawns and other crap. That's why there is deathmatches in certain parts of the map now because there is little to do. Also in real life there would be deathmatches the same as two clans of survivors fight over territory, loot, whatever. PVP is part of Dayz as it should be you surviving against all odds, that includes people. I advise you to find a RP server on the mod if that is your thing. Or go try H1Z1 when I goes because they will have a "friendly" server option for people who like that gaming style. To me without the threat of humans this game would be boring and any game in this genre if it was purely co-op.

Edited by haknslash

... whatever. PVP is part of Dayz as it should be you surviving against all odds, that includes people.

Yes Sir, you're right. Bandits are part of the game, and without them it's not DayZ (or even apocalype like). And that's the point why i won't go to RP server or switch the game. But you cant say its balanced -or a zombie-survival game right now.

People try to move it to Chernarus-Life -so it seems, and that's disappointing.

PvP doesn't need to be balanced. It is fine as is. Once the NPC AI is finished there will be a bigger environmental threat but it still won't stop the Deathmatch mentality a lot of players have. Player's just need more in-game mechanics that encourage social interaction and groups will naturally form.

PvP is what makes DayZ what it is.

Yeah, but milsim clans that do -nothing- but hunt and kill people via TS3 is spoiling this game.

A lone man doing it, that you can maybe take? I'm all for it, I'm game, it's how DayZ originated. I like that rush.

But running into 4 people who instantly spray half a mag each to kill you? No thanks.

• Like 1

Well, thats the subject isn't it, PvP as it was in the early days of the mod, when you saw a dude, weren't sure if he was a bandit or not then got shot at and scurried away heart racing like no game ever got it going before to begin your tense duel/standoff, was very good, for me the best PvP and best rush of any game ever. Nowadays in the SA, everyone WILL kill you on sight bar some freshspawn, literally everyone, either because they want your [ruined] loot, are afraid that you want their [ruined] loot or because they're bored and are trying to force the old tense DayZ combat feeling by just running from kill to kill.

People value their loot too much in DayZ, perhaps the re introduction of tents or a similar system could reduce the amount of fear KOSing, but it could also increase it, with groups running around with nothing really to lose as they have spare loot stashed away.

The KOS question has been unanswered for years.

• Like 2

Yeah, but milsim clans that do -nothing- but hunt and kill people via TS3 is spoiling this game.

A lone man doing it, that you can maybe take? I'm all for it, I'm game, it's how DayZ originated. I like that rush.

But running into 4 people who instantly spray half a mag each to kill you? No thanks.

all the old milsim lads I know from Arma 2 ACE and PR playing tend to be the sound lads who favour player interaction over KoSing for whatever reason [fear, loot etc], we've had enough killing on the arma engine to sort of blunt its novelty [but by no means entirely, kills in dayz feel more 'valuable' than a kill in a shooter like]. The majority of groups I see rolling in numbers killing freshies etc are shite players who rely on peppering you up close with M4s before you can react, I fired on a group with an SKS a while ago from about 300 meters away, prone on a hill, easily spottable, as they ran across a field south of gorka, they literally just spazzed out and failed at sprinting away.

• Like 1

all the old milsim lads I know from Arma 2 ACE and PR playing tend to be the sound lads who favour player interaction over KoSing for whatever reason [fear, loot etc], we've had enough killing on the arma engine to sort of blunt its novelty [but by no means entirely, kills in dayz feel more 'valuable' than a kill in a shooter like]. The majority of groups I see rolling in numbers killing freshies etc are shite players who rely on peppering you up close with M4s before you can react, I fired on a group with an SKS a while ago from about 300 meters away, prone on a hill, easily spottable, as they ran across a field south of gorka, they literally just spazzed out and failed at sprinting away.

Holy shit, I hate the shitty players. They all remind me of Dawg.

You know, the ones that sprint across hills in full (obviously hopped for/duped) in full TTsKO, spraying everything they see, thinking they're being fucking ninjas when really they're making easy prey for my Mosin.

Most sound around 12.

I don't think there are so many milsim players in the 'KoS group', i think the 'new players' -and we got a bunch of new players since SA was released, "are the problem".  Coming from other shooters (without naming one) and got no idea what DayZ is (/was) . Hopefully the balancing in the beta will eliminate the KoS problem. And I even don't think that more social components will fix it. Because their intention isnt the social-thing in this game, it's the killing-spree.

@topic starter

dayz is not the game to "the walking dead", is it?

If you want to talk, talk, if they dont talk to you, but shoot, you got no choice anyways.

I hate kos, and think it ruins the game. But I played as part of a clan today on TS vs. another clan, and it was a pretty awesome, and intense experience.

Going solo sucks balls at the moment.

So

1-stay off the coast, try to be friendly.

2.-Join a clan, go to a city on the coast, shoot everything that moves, get back your stuff after dying..

Edited by pistaaaa

In my opinion, dayz needs to be more challenging, it needs to be easier as a team, this game is too easy, and anyone can have the best gear just from going to the airfield. The main reason that dayz is too easy is because there are almost zero zombies, we need more of them. in the mod there were so many zombies that you had  to crawl everywhere to not be seen.

I would add much more zombies but ability tu sneak around them to stay unseen and do them more stupid. PvP is good for me.

Yes Sir, you're right. Bandits are part of the game, and without them it's not DayZ (or even apocalypse like). And that's the point why i won't go to RP server or switch the game. 

PVP is part of Dayz as it should be you surviving against all odds, that includes people. I advise you to find a RP server on the mod if that is your thing.

I'm quite agree with what you say about Dayz, bandit behaviour and PVP. Btw I think you don't know what are RP servers...

Most RP servers encourage players interactions even in fighting and killing. That means you are allowed to have bandit behavior or killing other players. Only you are not allowed to KOS... in fact it opens possibility for many more kind of fight than just the basic hide and seek game.

RP is looking for realism and players are respecting some rules because they seek for that realism... In apocalypse if you are the one with a weapon you wouldn't kill people and firing ammos like you are doing in a battlefield. Why because ammunitions and people are resources. Nobody in a precarious situation of life ever throw by the window resources, they are using it otherwise they will die.

If they could do that in Dayz it would be awesome.

^^But RP is not realism (and I like RP'ing to an extent). They are looking for player interaction above all else. If you KOS then you get banned or kicked from a server. I'm a huge disbeliever of KOS but there are times when I would do such a thing. Say I come up on some players and I see a person slay someone else, am I supposed to casually approach that person because that is the rules? Sorry but in real life if I see someone get murdered and I'm armed, the last thing I'm going to do is give away my position and approach this murderer. I'm going to take them out because they are a threat to me, rules be damned. This type of scenario can happen at any time during an apocalypse.

For the most realistic approach there would be no rules because let's face it if the world turned to shit tomorrow and there was no government, no military, no anything but raw survival of every man for himself, you would see KOS and lord knows what else. It would be a horrible time to live in and I hope none of us ever have to experience it.

Edited by haknslash
  • Like 1

Taking on "milsim" clans alone is the most fun thing you can do in the game. I've played SA for about 80 hours, and fought more 1v3+s than I can count. I've won far more often than not. It's doable, and it's fun. Especially since they think they're the hunters.

Hi team,

after you're quite busy with the Z's and adding new weapons, me by myself tought about the exessive player versus player gaming. I think the main roblem of this 'Wasteland'game is the amount of players / grops whos intention is to kill other players as effective as they can. On one side, it's teamgaming, yes. But for 'this' survival-horror-game -it's poison. Wasteland-like with a small amount of zombies.

To balance it, you should/could do this by the Zs itself. Maybe you can test it on none-experimental and none-regular server for the first time. To stress the game a bit:

Pump up the Z spawn rate by a douzen, give them ears for 350 meters. So if a bandit/group will shot from their spot, they HAVE to calculate that min 20 Zs will listen to them and start to search for them.

Maybe your thinking goes the same way, and you plan to realize it in beta -but the actually situation on the servers are depressive. You ' re flooding the game with weapons and as you see by yourself in a ton of youtube videos, it's not what a survival game has to be. And I dont think, dear Dean, it's what you want to create as you started your mod.

Sorry for worse english, and please mindstorm 

'greetings

Its part of the game, so I am not with you on that. I agree there should be more zombies, or at least make them more responsive to player battles and be more of a threat. 

I'd love to see an epic clan battle on a city street, melee weapons only so not to attract a 100 zombie hoard. 

Yes Sir, you're right. Bandits are part of the game, and without them it's not DayZ (or even apocalype like). And that's the point why i won't go to RP server or switch the game. But you cant say its balanced -or a zombie-survival game right now.

People try to move it to Chernarus-Life -so it seems, and that's disappointing.

Bandits don't KoS they are supposed to hold you up take what you have then decide your fate otherwise it's just another FPS arcade game

Edited by Xenology
  • Like 1

It was never this bad in the mod

Uh... yes, yes it was. Rose-tinted nostalgia classes, much? People were constantly saying that in the mod as well. "It was never this bad at release.. it was never this bad a month ago.. it was never this bad last patch... it was never this bad last week..."

Uh... yes, yes it was. Rose-tinted nostalgia classes, much? People were constantly saying that in the mod as well. "It was never this bad at release.. it was never this bad a month ago.. it was never this bad last patch... it was never this bad last week..."

No it wasn't because there was more to do it wasn't PvP 24/7

it makes it call of duty?

It was never this bad in the mod

Well the mod did descend into chaos, mainly from hackers but initially the mod was very good for PvP, less than 50% of kitted players you bumped into were looking to PvP except those at NWAF or other high risk areas and of the others, lots tried to communicate as opposed to just pumping 10 M4 rounds into your back like literally everyone does now in the standalone. I haven't encountered an armed player who hasn't either shot at me, tried to shoot at me, or try to rob me [then shoot me anyway]. PvP in DayZ has lost its novelty, now its just like regular old ArmA combat, *bang bang, where's it coming from? there, suppress, move, eliminate rinse and repeat* there's no terror in getting jumped any more, weapons and other gear are too common to have any sentimentality about them.

Edited by a_ruttle
  • Like 1