Audiophobia

Dayz Mod's essence is dead.

I see loads of Mod talk.. :P

Origins is fun shit if you dont set everything to easy mode. Just saying >.> lol

Origins is fun shit if you dont set everything to easy mode. Just saying >.> lol

I do not like the DayZ Mod anymore due to all of the other mod versions of it destroying what the original perfected...survival. :/

I do not like the DayZ Mod anymore due to all of the other mod versions of it destroying what the original perfected...survival. :/

Thats the problem is allot of the admins are setting all the shit to easy mode. Epoch really turned me off from the few overloaded vehicle servers i went to. They were EVERYWHERE. Planes, helicopters the whole shibang and all the vehicles had nothing to fix on them.

You do realize there are some mods that focuss stricly on survival?

Check dayzed for example. It will make cry. It's not very popular but any survival fan should give it a shot.

Check dayzed for example. It will make cry. It's not very popular but any survival fan should give it a shot.

I tried the old  2017. It was amazingly hard core and you really had to make bullets count. Your survival was more important than killing ppl or zombies in a town.

or 2017

2017 make vanilla feel like cod.

or 2017

2017 make vanilla feel like cod.

Yeah 2017 was ALL about the survival. Your first priority was to get a KNIFE, WATER, DECENT PACK, ONE GOOD GUN, HATCHET, MAP, COMPAS. Than head out into the wild and kill animals or you WILL die. There are no cans of food ANYWHERE. What little cans of food they have are UBBER rare. So hunting was top priority.

Firing a gun in a crowed of zeds was a death sentence even for pvp.

Yeah 2017 was ALL about the survival. Your first priority was to get a KNIFE, WATER, DECENT PACK, ONE GOOD GUN, HATCHET, MAP, COMPAS. Than head out into the wild and kill animals or you WILL die. There are no cans of food ANYWHERE. What little cans of food they have are UBBER rare. So hunting was top priority.

Firing a gun in a crowed of zeds was a death sentence even for pvp.

Dayzed is a bit different. There are many different guns + decently working attachement system. Finding a gun is a whole other story though. On top of that you will really need something like Ak-74 just to survive. Zombies are very difficult to loose + stamina system means you can't run away from them forever.

Melee is risky - you might get overrun and getting hit really hurts since it's more difficult to regen your health. There isn't that much food to be found and you can't just eat 20 cans of beans for health, if you're full - you're full.

Getting a hunting knife isn't easy either, I actually had to loot deerstands to get some meat and survive.

If you think you can just sprint to barracks for ez guns - you're wrong. It's not working - too many zeds, you'll get overrun. You can either try risky approach and get more poeple with you and plenty of ammo, or sneak for good 15 mins and pray to god that zeds won't notice you.

Moreover stamina system will make you loook really hard for a vehicle to fix.

I haven't played it for a while but it still looks great and shows how much potential Arma2 engine has. Easily most advanced DayZ mod I've ever seen (because milking cows is awesome).

No, I just heard of 2017. Plus, I gave up on the DayZ mods of mods. I'm strictly playing DayZ Standalone now, and maybe some TERA/Arma 3. 

The thing is that almost no servers with the original feeling exist anymore. Even though I am working on the project I still play and I still get the feeling out of it when playing.

Fact is that most servers these days are either not even DayZ Mod to start with (Epoch isn't anywhere near what DayZ is supposed to be) or they were changed beyond all recognition. The server owners eventually figured out how they could change almost anything and with the sheer amount of tutorials out there to change absolutely everything about the game, starting from Barracks in Balota, up until changing the complete lootbias doesn't leave any space for the actual DayZ experience.

These days you will have to search hard to find a server that is actually the way DayZ Mod is supposed to be and that's mostly the serveradmin's faults. Everyone is so keen on their personal, unique experience (may that be the players or - what I think is the bigger part - the admins) that DayZ was changed completely.

I protest sir! :)

I have been keeping UK410 alive and ticking since late 2012, no mods, no admin abuse, just pure DayZ mod.

(i know you said a hard search will turn up original servers)

Search no more my beautiful survivors! 

Pop UK410 in your filter, and play it the way Dean wanted you to!

• Like 1

I just recently bought a Dayz Origins server but im loving it. Kept it vanilla though so full day night cycle no adjustments to loot or free blood regen crap like that. I think modding can be ok as long as it dosn't completely destroy the concept of the game. I tried Epoch but i wasnt a big fan of all the cars EVERYWHERE you go in game.

You have just proven my point. Origins is neither Vanilla nor liked around here. Do your research and you will find out why soon enough.

• Like 1

You have just proven my point. Origins is neither Vanilla nor liked around here. Do your research and you will find out why soon enough.

Yeah i was checking out some stuff on Reddit but its still a good game and im not paying an outrageous price like it was listed. Despite all the drama so idk man to each there own.

There is a simple reason you see none of these things, you can't trust anyone. Since you can't trust anyone, a key of survival is to avoid other players. I have been playing for awhile now and I can think of 2 instances where I encountered another player that didn't try to kill me. When poaching new spawns is a regular event, you learn really quick not to trust anyone. I have even worked with players to help get them equipped only to have them turn around and kill me so their buddy can have my stuff. There is no benefit or teaming up with someone I do not know in real life because they can kill me without a bit of guilt at any time.

DayZ Standalone was released way too early. Milions of new DayZ players who haven't played the mod bought the standalone and they saw a deatmatch game with KoS everywhere and the community that will be the people of DayZ in the future are those who were raised on KoS and it will be hard to change their mentality. The devs should have waited with the standalone and release it when there is less deatmatch

A lot of truth to that. I started on SA about 3 weeks ago and have been playing the mod (vanilla) the last two nights. Other players have not been a problem at all so far, it's been the massive number of zombies. It's completely opposite to SA as those zombies are real window-lickers. The mod zombies are plentiful, persistent, and will jack you up in large numbers. They're quite athletic too... Even that pudgy one with the beret can run like an Olympian! I fully expected to have to hide from people and scavenge until I learned the ropes again, and it's just not been the case. Other players have not been very helpful, but they certainly aren't hostile either.

Greetings,

It seems that DayZ Mod (I can't speak for the SA, since I haven't played it) has lost it's original intent and atmosphere. 

I remember when people teamed up, questioned a stranger as to whether he was "friendly" or not, scavenged in groups with people on the lookout while others do their job.

Zombies were never a priority, I think that's what's not fulfilling DayZ's full potential, but let's not get to that yet.

Nowadays, I never see anyone taking the time to question someone they've met, I never see any groups, I never see any interaction between any player anymore, it seems as if that aspect was annihilated for whatever the reason may be..could it be the lack of zombies? the lack of challenge and importance accorded to them? Most likely.

What I'm getting at is that DayZ Mod seems to have turned into DayZ Deathmatch, people senselessly shoot anyone they come across without a single interaction or hesitation, people just seem to disregard that aspect of the game (which is one of the primary aspects found in an online survival game).

Obviously, people play as they want, but there is an undeniable decrease in DayZ's essence, the game does not feel like a survival game against the "apocalypse" anymore, it was reduced to a mere Deathmatch in an open world.

I hope this isn't the case for DayZ SA, but I believe something should be done about it, zombies should be very challenging, challenging enough for the game's aspect of "survival" to be exploited to it's fullest with player interaction, teaming up being crucial for the your survival and so on.

people just learned to play the game, they were like that in the start of the mod cause they were lost and didnt know shit about how to play, where to go, etc.

Now we know everything that's in the game, what we can do, where should we go to get supplies, EVERYTHING. There's only pvp left to do, deal with it.

Greetings,

It seems that DayZ Mod (I can't speak for the SA, since I haven't played it) has lost it's original intent and atmosphere. 

I remember when people teamed up, questioned a stranger as to whether he was "friendly" or not, scavenged in groups with people on the lookout while others do their job.

Zombies were never a priority, I think that's what's not fulfilling DayZ's full potential, but let's not get to that yet.

Nowadays, I never see anyone taking the time to question someone they've met, I never see any groups, I never see any interaction between any player anymore, it seems as if that aspect was annihilated for whatever the reason may be..could it be the lack of zombies? the lack of challenge and importance accorded to them? Most likely.

What I'm getting at is that DayZ Mod seems to have turned into DayZ Deathmatch, people senselessly shoot anyone they come across without a single interaction or hesitation, people just seem to disregard that aspect of the game (which is one of the primary aspects found in an online survival game).

Obviously, people play as they want, but there is an undeniable decrease in DayZ's essence, the game does not feel like a survival game against the "apocalypse" anymore, it was reduced to a mere Deathmatch in an open world.

I hope this isn't the case for DayZ SA, but I believe something should be done about it, zombies should be very challenging, challenging enough for the game's aspect of "survival" to be exploited to it's fullest with player interaction, teaming up being crucial for the your survival and so on.

On what server do u play mate i play on a overwatch server and even there groups exits .I met my buddi there mate!

The thing is that almost no servers with the original feeling exist anymore. Even though I am working on the project I still play and I still get the feeling out of it when playing.

Fact is that most servers these days are either not even DayZ Mod to start with (Epoch isn't anywhere near what DayZ is supposed to be) or they were changed beyond all recognition. The server owners eventually figured out how they could change almost anything and with the sheer amount of tutorials out there to change absolutely everything about the game, starting from Barracks in Balota, up until changing the complete lootbias doesn't leave any space for the actual DayZ experience.

These days you will have to search hard to find a server that is actually the way DayZ Mod is supposed to be and that's mostly the serveradmin's faults. Everyone is so keen on their personal, unique experience (may that be the players or - what I think is the bigger part - the admins) that DayZ was changed completely.

This x1000 I have done full circle with Dayz servers I started with Dayz done epoch, overwatch, origins and now after getting sick of all the added mods and wanting that first Dayz experience I set up a vanilla Dayz server with nothing added and got that first time Dayz experience again. After 2+ years I finally got the feeling back again and even got lost in the night lol  

Dayz is my drug it's like heroin always trying to chase that first hit or in Dayz's case first experience. 

After hosting epoch, overwatch, origins and coming back to the classic with nothing added  it has been amazing experience. I just hope more people will do the same.

This is a side effect of a community that is made up less and less of newcomers and more of old, cynical bastards. It was inevitable.

I hear this a lot. "On a long enough timespan everyone turns to banditry." While there may be some truth to this, I rather think it's the newcomers that have been solely attracted here by the game's popularity rather than its meaning, that are detrimental to the game.

I don't think it comes down to personlization as much as it's a competition for player numbers. Maybe at the start, but when the players begun to drift towards highly customized servers, other servers felt the need to customize to compete. One tries to up the other until we end up with servers that have coastal barracks, 100+ helis and no junk loot!

• Like 1

Was at Balota yesterday, playing the Mod. (private hive, since I couldn't find ANY public hive servers.)

I see a dude getting chased by 20+ zombies

"Dude, ya need help with those?"

"dude?"

"need he-"

*bang*

he stops, being mauled as a result, just to shoot me.

I had the same thing happen to me, but reverse, and the guy didnt shoot me, he helped get the zeds off of me. Needless to say, we're the best of friends that you can get meeting on Dayz.

• Like 1