Sign in to follow this  
Hetstaine

Experimental patch..what a winner!

Wow, I am so lost.  I'm pretty sure I ended up in one of the new cities.  It looks amazing but I couldn't find any road signs to point me in a direction or the name of the city.

Did find this tho, 

Where is that? I'm just curious. I like weird locations in the game.

EXP was pretty good but the rubberbanding made it near impossible to play. I toughed through it and logged about 4 hours but it was alright. Didn't get the chance to fish but the new fireplace is cool although semi-useless atm as there's more than enough food to find & eat, without having to cook. I also never saw a single animal that they added, weird. The new town is absolutely MASSIVE though, especially the industrial complex area. Not sure if spawns are messed there though, as about 50% of the places I went, all the loot was floating in mid-air & after a fresh server restart, there was literally 0 loot inside an entire police station, bizarre.

Where is that? I'm just curious. I like weird locations in the game.

Don't know exact directions, as I just got the game 4 days ago, but it's northwest of Svetlo. I spawned in Svetlo, followed the railroad west & came up on. Pretty hard to miss considering how absolutely MASSIVE it is. Don't forget there's two new cities though, the huge one and a smaller one close to it. Can't remember exact direction.

So the mother f 'n zombies still walk through walls..... Worse rubberbanding...... And not even a damn bike. But you guys are excited? This has to be the worse use of 45 million dollars in history.

enjoi your stay sweety.

• Like 1

enjoi your stay sweety.

Not sure if I understand your cynicism here. Am I going to be banned because I'm questioning why a game that has been out for over a year (if you count the mod files before SA launch), has actually gotten worse in the last 5 months and 45 million dollars in revenue?

It's real simple. If you or anyone else, especially Dean or BI, don't like criticism..... don't release a patch unless it actually improves the game.

I guess you haven't played the game since the last 3 updates.

Optimism is a little too much.

They essentially added a bunch of useless crap that adds nothing to the game and the game remains the same as last week but now we got brainless deer and pigs.

sticking to not playing until we get an actual substantial update.

• Like 1

Can't say I'm too excited for this update. Until they actually sort out the core engine and gameplay issues then this just feels like extra fluff on top of a very glitchy game. I'm talking about just the most basic features...things like weapons actually switching the first time you press a button instead of after 5-10 tries or inventory management actually being responsive and snappy. I'd like to be able to pull out a weapon/item and have it just *work* like any other game in the past decade instead of my guy randomly stopping or suddenly moving forward five feet and off the ledge of a building. For all I know these features could be totally broken at first and just cause more problems. Adding binoculars for example, seems simple enough but even that's all screwed up on the first release.   

Don't know exact directions, as I just got the game 4 days ago, but it's northwest of Svetlo. I spawned in Svetlo, followed the railroad west & came up on. Pretty hard to miss considering how absolutely MASSIVE it is. Don't forget there's two new cities though, the huge one and a smaller one close to it. Can't remember exact direction.

Thanks! I'll take a look for it soon when I either switch to experimental or 0.45 is pushed to stable.

*ramble ramble*

The box above contains a summary of all your posts till date.

All your poor trollish "questions" have been answered in lenght in several sources several times.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

Optimism is a little too much.

They essentially added a bunch of useless crap that adds nothing to the game and the game remains the same as last week but now we got brainless deer and pigs.

sticking to not playing until we get an actual substantial update.

Cause you know they only added animals and if you don't think hunting and cooking and stuff is a fairly big update it's pretty easy to tell your just a dumb kos cod kiddie

• Like 1

Not sure if I understand your cynicism here. Am I going to be banned because I'm questioning why a game that has been out for over a year (if you count the mod files before SA launch), has actually gotten worse in the last 5 months and 45 million dollars in revenue?

It's real simple. If you or anyone else, especially Dean or BI, don't like criticism..... don't release a patch unless it actually improves the game.

I guess you haven't played the game since the last 3 updates.

There are various dev teams working on different improvements to the game. While one dev team is spitting out lots of weapon models, another is working on more high profile features, like vehicles and bug fixing. 

All in all, can it and be grateful for the little things that keep us busy while waiting

• Like 4

Cause you know they only added animals and if you don't think hunting and cooking and stuff is a fairly big update it's pretty easy to tell your just a dumb kos cod kiddie

ooo lord you call me a COD kiddie ahaha.

• Like 2

ooo lord you call me a COD kiddie ahaha.

BTW Gibonez, just to let you know...in the experimental update you run even faster now with a weapon in hand. o.o

• Like 1

There are various dev teams working on different improvements to the game. While one dev team is spitting out lots of weapon models, another is working on more high profile features, like vehicles and bug fixing. 

All in all, can it and be grateful for the little things that keep us busy while waiting

OMG You couldn't have said it any better. xD  :beans:

BTW Gibonez, just to let you know...in the experimental update you run even faster now with a weapon in hand. o.o

Shhhhhhhh, I can already feel the hate flowing through him

Little things eh?  All the new towns and cities aren't what I would call little things.  Again, the heavy mouth breathers, not talking about you, can't get it through their peanut sized brains that content has been added and lots of it in the past 5 months.  The new cities are amazing and very very big

• Like 2

Shhhhhhhh, I can already feel the hate flowing through him

xD I know, I shouldn't have said anything. :)

The rubber banding on the exp servers is easy enough to work around if you simply take it slow inside the buildings, don't sprint it. When you exit the building hang just outside the doorways for a couple of seconds and then jog away. We were getting extremely minimal rubber banding doing this whereas people who who were running everywhere were finding it near to impossible to exit a building. One guys tactic was to approach the door and then crawl out until he was about ten metres outside :) worked well and there were many cheers when he was finally able to stand and stay outside.

The only rubber banding we got was when in a building.

For me the exp servers are more so testing than the standard ones so i don't give much of a toss about any pvp and the normal hiding and moving carefully tactics, therefore finding a way around bugs/issues like this are are all part and parcel of the deal.

Your milage may vary;)

ps..someone said 45 million somewhere above..wasn't it a billion already ?

• Like 2

This all seems fine and good, but can you kill that damn rabbit yet?

14ndxdi.jpg

• Like 4

The reason I find this update to be such a good one is that it shows some significant progress. The framework for all new AI has been added, zombies still go through walls, but I have seen dozens now turn around, walk outside, and then walk back in through the door politely, this shows significant increase in the pathfinding that the game now recognizes "oops, messed that up!" and tries to fix it. They usually do this, however I have several zombies charge through buildings as well, mostly military zombies into rooms that I have closed the door to (such rude military zombies).

The hunting also shows that they are confident enough in the work so far on this framework to implement it, is it perfect? HELL NO, but the point is it is a bare bones framework that WORKS more than it fails (so far). Nothing right now is scarier than knowing a guy is above you in a police station waiting, while you only have a fire axe or some other bad indoor weapon (or none) then have a zombie walk through the door and chasing you upstairs (and following properly), will he shoot you, or save you? In my case the guy saved me and we paired up to loot elektro and work together despite me not speaking russian and him speaking bad english, didn't stop me from helping him with what little russian I did know and working together to cover each other till the server went down.

• Like 1

2217573-ut_front.jpg

They might as well add a flak cannon now.

Joking aside I love Unreal Tournament though.

Miss arena shooters.

This excuse makes no sense to me. I understand it takes longer to fix important things, but why bother releasing patches that actually make the game less playable just to show us a new item? All 3 of the last patches broke things and did not address anything important. Your product is everything. Your name is on your product so why would they make their product look bad by releasing patches that dont do anything important? It makes them look unprofessional. It would be better to not release anything unless it makes the core look better. I dont get this excuse at all. It defies logic to me. Who the hell is forcing them to release patches with new items? Its pointess. Unless that all they want to spend resources on and pocket 97% of the revenue.

This excuse makes no sense to me. I understand it takes longer to fix important things, but why bother releasing patches that actually make the game less playable just to show us a new item? All 3 of the last patches broke things and did not address anything important. Your product is everything. Your name is on your product so why would they make their product look bad by releasing patches that dont do anything important? It makes them look unprofessional. It would be better to not release anything unless it makes the core look better. I dont get this excuse at all. It defies logic to me. Who the hell is forcing them to release patches with new items? Its pointess. Unless that all they want to spend resources on and pocket 97% of the revenue.

hmm have you ever made a game or a program? when you add 1 feature it effects most other features, mainly making "bugs" so you can either perfect a % of the game then have to redo most if not all of it or "throw" it all together then iron it out. there are exceptions of course like a game breaking bug or a heavily requested feature.