Sign in to follow this  
Mister Friendly

Teamspeak overlay, cheating?

I downloaded teamspeak 3 overlay from the download plugins link in teampseak 3, so i can see who is in my teamspeak channel / who is talking. But when I went to activate it it said something about anti cheats seeing it as a "cheat" and could possibly be banned from such games. Does DayZ standalone/ battleye consider this a cheat/hack?

Fairly sure it's used as a disclaimer kind of like " Not our fault " I used it for awhile with a group I used to play with, To learn voices. Never got banned, I know people who use it non-stop, None of them have been banned.

The way in which TS3 overlays work is similar to how wallhacks and other ESP cheats work which can cause anticheat software to mistake it for a cheat. I've never heard of anyone actually getting banned for using something like a TS overlay though, it's more of a disclaimer than anything.

I have used the TS overlay with DayZ without issue.

i use it for all my games for about the last 10months , i like the FPS indicator and seeing whos speaking at any time, I never saw a warning for it either.

Hello there

TS is such a common app I very much doubt many popular anti hack engines will still recognise it as something illegal.

However, this isnt my area of expertise.

That said, I too have not heard of any TS Overlay Ban for eons.

If its an official app I would not worry about using it.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Nah it's only a warning but not one person has been banned for using the TS3 overlay, i am pretty sure BE are very aware of how it works hence as much as it's picked up as a cheat it will never ever be banned. 

Some mods you do have to be careful with, i had a close encounter with a texture boost mod that almost seen me with a ban... Seems it's unfair to have better quality and view distance than others :P

BE only kicks/ bans for actual cheats, overlays by legit applications are not considered cheat software. Same goes for VAC (should).