r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.1

whell i updated server till latest steam patch(throw steamcmd) all works good, But player with old patch gets connection lost to server right after connect.

setted back as was all works good

Edited by endreu

well, tbh. i am new to server admining. and i dont get that beta 124802 running with 1.8.1. 

i´ve downloaded the steam files as stated, copied dayz 1.8.1. over, but the expansion\beta is mostly gone. copying files didnt help. besides. is there any server updated yet?

Edited by spielfuehrer

well, tbh. i am new to server admining. and i dont get that beta 124802 running with 1.8.1. 

i´ve downloaded the steam files as stated, copied dayz 1.8.1. over, but the expansion\beta is mostly gone. copying files didnt help. besides. is there any server updated yet?

Here is a guide:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/198513-arma2-oa-beta-patch-system-update-admins-clients-please-read/

And yes, a few are running the new version already.

whell i updated server till latest steam patch(throw steamcmd) all works good, But player with old patch gets connection lost to server right after connect.

setted back as was all works good

thats what i get when i want to connect with my current updated client.

Don't use the expansion/beta stuff < this was the old system

i used it! but it doesnt work because of the expansions\beta etc.

You don't run from that folder any more you run the arma2oaserver.exe in the main directory now as your server.

Can someone post me the batch file commands for the server init?

Edited by spielfuehrer

"arma2oaserver.exe" -port=%port% "-config=%config%\config.cfg" "-cfg=%config%\basic.cfg" "-profiles=%config%" -name=%config% "-mod=CA;@DayZ;@Hive" -cpuCount=4 -maxMem=2047 -exThreads=1

this help replace all the sections in %%

• Like 1

I just tried updating my main server to 124802, however as soon as I did most of the clients I saw couldn't login (guessing they had 112555) 

I had requiredBuild  as 112555 in server.cfg but guess this patch isn't backwards compatible anyway and kicks people?

I doubt many server hosts will take the huge playercount hit that comes with 124802 if that's the case currently. I hadn't realized this and was looking forward to seeing the end of the 112555 bugs, but not at the cost of an empty server :(

Edited by seaweed

Using Version 1.63.124802, official hive and all default files from the OP the server starts up fine, but while loading in it crashes with Hive "unknown internal error." Only thing I see in RPT is this:

23:39:27 Error in expression <;_recompile = (count _this) > 0;if (BIS_fnc_init && !_recompile) exitwith {t>23:39:27   Error position: <BIS_fnc_init && !_recompile) exitwith {t>23:39:27   Error Undefined variable in expression: bis_fnc_init23:39:27 File ca\Modules\Functions\init.sqf, line 2823:39:27 "Res3tting B!S effects..."23:39:28 "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\REsec.sqf:Monitoring Remote Exe..."23:39:28 "HIVE: Starting"

So looks like it is crashing right after hive starts up. Not sure why.

Edited by JimmiesAintEvenRustled

I just tried updating my main server to 124802, however as soon as I did most of the clients I saw couldn't login (guessing they had 112555) 

I had requiredBuild  as 112555 in server.cfg but guess this patch isn't backwards compatible anyway and kicks people?

I doubt many server hosts will take the huge playercount hit that comes with 124802 if that's the case currently. I hadn't realized this and was looking forward to seeing the end of the 112555 bugs, but not at the cost of an empty server :(

We know but sooner or later you wont have much choice but get it over with. Clients should be able to still run both versions but servers do not look they are backwords compatible.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?175463-End-of-Gamespy

The end of Gamespy effective May 31, 2014, I know gamespy have extended servers to EA for another month. But all other games should be getting cleared up anytime now.

Ok so i think zeds are pretty good atm with the changes for 1.8.2. I am starting to like how they react in the failing light. There sight pretty much becomes 0 and they use just sound. However still a question on the hit range but im not sure we can do anything about that. I still have a few items i need to resolve in the recover areas.

If your player is a new spawn and your unlucky that your hit and took below 4 k blood it is very difficult to recover. Getting in and out of towns becomes very hard with passing out and the blued vision. Now as a longer surviving player this become's pretty easy as i have the tools to gut/cook and create self blood bags. I need to find a better balance on the recover states.

If you have any thoughts on this please shout.

Also someone asked about the fullmoon night switch you need to add this into your mission init.sqf

dayz_ForcefullmoonNights = true; //true = full moonnight, false = full night tme

We know but sooner or later you wont have much choice but get it over with. Clients should be able to still run both versions but servers do not look they are backwords compatible.

The end of Gamespy effective May 31, 2014, I know gamespy have extended servers to EA for another month. But all other games should be getting cleared up anytime now.

I hadn't realised, real pain they couldn't just keep backward compatibility. I'll continue recommending clients update ASAP anyway. Hopefully gamespy gets turned off very soon. 

Most servers wait on changes to happen in dayz commander before they update. when the changes are live on commander most server then proceed to update. Well thats how I see things happen.

I'm sure then more then 90% of players use and rely on commander.

Edited by TayTay

So will this new patch go on DayZCommander anytime soon? Like Seaweed said I rather have a buggy server then a empty one. 

So will this new patch go on DayZCommander anytime soon? Like Seaweed said I rather have a buggy server then a empty one. 

What do you mean with new patch? 1.8.1 is already available on DayZCommander.

We're not responsible for the Beta-Patches, as mentioned above. You will have to go through Steam anyway, as that's the new way of distributing the patches.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 1

Dayzcommander will die along with gamespy unless the dev has plans to update it. 

Just been informed from kju pws is already able to support the beta. i haven't been able to get hold of Josh yet.

Dayzcommander will die along with gamespy unless the dev has plans to update it. 

Maybe a dev here could get hold of him and ask what his plans are?

Maybe a dev here could get hold of him and ask what his plans are?

hummmmm lol read above your post :-)

Finally got to put some hours into 1.8.1 tonight and let me say I'm really enjoying the updates!  Same goes for the group I play with.  We absolutely love the fact that we have to maintain gear now, and PvE is actually a challenge.  Zombies are finally something to be feared.  DayZ is more fun, challenging, and scary than ever now.  It's the game I imagined it would be when I first heard about it.  Thanks for all the hard work, guys.  It really is appreciated!

• Like 2

First of all: I really like the new update. It brings survival to a survival game that has been a mere TDM with ambient zombies and the occasional need for a snack. Now you need to think about going to towns and what to bring with you. Food, bandages ... all the formerly useless junk got some value again. Good job!

I want to add some thoughts to the discussion.My apologies if something is already said or confirmed or dismissed, but this thread is awfully long and kind of confusing. Do you have a bugtracker or something where you could search for already reported bugs?

• Zombies still glitch through doors and sometimes walls. I've seen Zeds politely closing doors before walking straight through them. Zero fucks given.
  • Although the food system is great it needs some tweaking I think. You get hungry a little too fast in my opinion.
  • I, too, noticed my gun disappearing after I got mauled by Zeds. I had it on my back but couldn't find it on or anywhere near my body. Gone.
  • Loot spawns awfully slow at the moment, sometimes it looks as if it doesn't spawn at all.
  • I noticed the loot-ghosts as well, where you see the icon for loot but can't find any on the ground.