thelonewarrior

Am I the only one seeing this..... People losing faith in the game

I'm just really disappointed so far.

I've been playing the mod since around june 2012 and I loved it. A couple of months later we were informed "We're working on SA version so the progession of the mod will slow down".

Allright, mod got hardly updated since that time but we still got many of other things to do: new maps (fantastic Namalsk), some new mods (DayZero, Origins, Epoch) - casuals were very happy with Epoch and Origins others would pick DayZero or some other modifications. Time was passing and we were assuming that Rocket and his team are working hard on making SA really good.

Suddenly it got released and everyone was rushing to buy it and play. Hell, some of my friends took a few days off work just to play it some more.

Then, after a couple of hours came the first disappointment - the game was far behind the original mod, the same one that got hardly any updates in last 1.5 years.

So we just hoped that all of that extra cash we invested will mean fast content updates.

What happened?

Zombies not working at all, loot not spawning, only few weapons, no tents/cars, arcade mechanics for shooting guns.

I still hope that this game will eventually become something great but I'm just worried that without Rocket soon we will see further attempts to make this game more casual, less skill dependant just to get more sales. 

Lets hope I'm wrong.

• Like 2

Well, this chart shows that more and more people do actually stop to play, although the drop is gradual and somewhat steady. Don't know what predictions are to be made from that. The future will become clearer once I see the peak created by the game going to beta.

Nonetheless, the graph presents a common product life cycle, and that's not too good.

People come and go. nothing Special! ist only 0,5% ......

what concerns me!  ITS BECOME MAINSTREAM!!!!

and i really dont want the casul's in my dayz! like someone stated . go back and Play rail shooters with linear Story that take your Hand! i want it more difficult, harsh and unforgiving! it adds to the apocalypse Feeling!  the real fans will cherish this

• Like 1

dayz is a fun game, it has a lot of potential, right now that have sold over 2 million, and thay have yet to fix zombies walking through walls, am am very disappointed > :( , and am also losing hope :( . im afraid that the game will never be completed, and dean hall is going to leave later to so… i hope thay get their shit together.

(this is not a rant, just saying)

The power of reading..do you haz it ?

and i really dont want the casul's in my dayz!

The casuals Play regular only..come join the hardcore Party !!!

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

The power of reading..do you haz it ?

i haz all of it

The players that left don't give a rats ass about zombies.

They and the vast majority of players really only care about one thing.

Content and pvp.

If those two are shitty they will leave.

This.

PvP needs to be solid and skillful, with a meaningful learning curve.

And the game needs to (ultimately) have very late-game content for groups and communities to work towards. Large scale compound construction like the big clan bases in epoch. Valuable and rare items that actually matter. these things will exponentially increase the late game risk/reward curve. ultimately dayZ is about 2 things: your Gear and your interactions (both good and bad) and we achieve both thru survviving. it has been this way since the beginning of the mod. all the concepts are tied together, and you cant break them apart without fundementalyl changing they way the game is played- at which point the "dayZ" title is nothing more then an arbitraray name stuck on it for popularity sake.

• Like 1

The SA will be much more what R envisaged the game to be, not what is popular.

If you really want the mod then why not stay with that? Especially with the new update on the way?

Im not saying "go away" but If I want milsim and loot I play wasteland in A2/A3. Its great.

The devs are making their game not a polished mod.

i hope he dont wants it to be easy as  f.ck, but wasteland in arma3 definitely rocks!

everyone concerned should read the latest devblog. it covers a lot of things.

I'm just really disappointed so far.

I've been playing the mod since around june 2012 and I loved it. A couple of months later we were informed "We're working on SA version so the progession of the mod will slow down".

Allright, mod got hardly updated since that time but we still got many of other things to do: new maps (fantastic Namalsk), some new mods (DayZero, Origins, Epoch) - casuals were very happy with Epoch and Origins others would pick DayZero or some other modifications. Time was passing and we were assuming that Rocket and his team are working hard on making SA really good.

Suddenly it got released and everyone was rushing to buy it and play. Hell, some of my friends took a few days off work just to play it some more.

Then, after a couple of hours came the first disappointment - the game was far behind the original mod, the same one that got hardly any updates in last 1.5 years.

So we just hoped that all of that extra cash we invested will mean fast content updates.

What happened?

Zombies not working at all, loot not spawning, only few weapons, no tents/cars, arcade mechanics for shooting guns.

I still hope that this game will eventually become something great but I'm just worried that without Rocket soon we will see further attempts to make this game more casual, less skill dependant just to get more sales. 

Lets hope I'm wrong.

So true

Especially Namalsk, what a beauty that was. 

Hello there

Patience is key.

If they wanted to simply polish the mod and just add to it then you would have seen vast changes.

But before they can really push ahead they have to ensure the core framework can support what they envisage.

That takes time. Meetings, discussions, proposals, hiring, purchases, installations and all the redtape from HR etc etc etc. Once all thats in place then things move forward. Obviousy those already on board have been pushing forward which is why we have what we see, but there's vast amounts to come.

I forsee a great eating of words over the next few months if all goes to plan.

Comparing the SA to the Mod is superficial and flawed at best IMHO.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 4

The players that left don't give a rats ass about zombies.

They and the vast majority of players really only care about one thing.

Content and pvp.

If those two are shitty they will leave.

Weird I enjoy some PvP and I will enjoy well done zombies as well, as they are (like it or not) part of DayZ.

When the game will be 'finished' (I swear they don't need to do that though...) anyway,

when it'll be finished, 90% of us will be playing other games with the same concept but way better

When the game will be 'finished' (I swear they don't need to do that though...) anyway,

when it'll be finished, 90% of us will be playing other games with the same concept but way better

When it is finished 90% of us will be dead, no one lives that long.

• Like 2

^ Tell me about it. I'm 58.

And here we go again. Even the most verteran fans (or those saying they are) complain again and again that the development is too slow. How so much more was expected at release. How little happened since.

I did not play the mod, heard of DayZ in January. Watched some youtube clips, knew exactly what I would get and bought it. Alpha is the first stage of development, where any testing is done at all. I don't know if releasing the game at that stage was smart. But you can be assured that they expected threads like this one in masses - and you deliver :). Now releasing this early also has advantages. Reading between the lines I interpret that the team was enlarged including a studio that will completely redo the zed navigation (you know, that nav mesh you may have heard about). If I interpret correctly that was done after the huge success of the standalone and will definitely not harm the game in the long run. The zed ai is also completely redone, everyone who reads just a little here, should know that. Yet ppl still complain about the zeds walking through walls. I really don't know how to respond to that. I really don't know how long that will take, but I will not get panicked if I see nothing new there for 6 more months. Changing the existing ones is only additional work. I certainly expect them to change quite a lot about zeds until long into beta, after all they decided to redo them some time after the release if I recall correctly.

I bought the game having seen all kinds of problems because I still thought it would be fun. I read alpha and looked when beta was expected - 12 months later. Personally I think the team will have done a great job, if they manage that until march or april. Now I made a sig for exactly that, read the first link in it there and realize that new problems will again and again appear while new things are introduced. Add some additional trouble there for the fact that the engine itself is still being worked on at several places. I don't know how much overhead the new nav system introduction will introduce. As ppl say so often on this forum, your tears are delicious. Am I mean now? Not really, Rocket wrote clearly NOT to buy the game, no one listened and had expectations that were not justified. I looked what the game's state was, looked at a crude timetable and have what I expected.

Don't get me wrong, I would love for everything to move along faster. Everyone would also love to get exactly the game (s)he envisions as fast as possible. But I already know, I will not get everything as I would like it to be. Deal with it. Don't run around proclaiming the game as the best thing since sliced bread without telling about the problems. But also don't yell around how it is a shitty game without explaining exactly what alpha is. Simple. Will you get the game you want? What do I know, I only know that the game will most likely get more expensive later on for quite some time. And I already have it - and I had plenty of fun and frustration, no denying it.

You think I know nothing about what I am talking about? Fine! There is a second link in my sig to an interview with Playerunknown, the main dev (as far as I know) of Battle Royale. I enjoyed the interview. I even wrote where they talk about the standalone and it's development state. I guess you should give some weight to his opinion, he should know what he is talking about.

EDIT: Also a complain is how the game is not what they hoped in terms of availability of loot, weapons, gunplay. All those things are still a WIP, too.

Edited by bautschi