thelonewarrior

Am I the only one seeing this..... People losing faith in the game

A LOT of people quit all the time, you might not care about this but it is and will cause damage to the development and finished product

Thats perfectly fine. I also believe most of these people will fired up the game again during the next 6 months with patching / new content added. If they dont? Well we probably wont miss them as more will keep buying the game.

Warrior...Noone says its ok to push people away... We only say DONT EXPECT A FINISHED GAME WHEN YOU BUY AN ALPHA VERSION! Seriously,have you EVER worked on a game or even an own mod? Or even programmed before?.

Yes

My fallout 3 mods:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/users/518329/?tb=mods&pUp=1

Skyrim mods:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/users/2475748/?tb=mods&pUp=1

New Vegas mods;

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/users/2475748/?tb=mods&pUp=1

I spent nearly a year on some of those mods which have extensive scripting

I know how things around here work

I never said these were MY exact opinions

If you think there's isn't a problem when my own community that had over 100 members with about 40 that returned to standalone from the mod with 3-4 of them buying it while the other 30 odd people not bothering because of what this game looks like

So 3-4 of them are still playing, about once a week and hem others won't buy it because they have told me that to them it feels like what I described above

I gurrantee there are many others feeling the same

If there's no problem with that amount or people put off when they LOVED the mod then I must be insane

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior
  • Like 2

Some good thoughts here.

I have little to add except to say that--regardless of what the future holds for DayZ--it's already revolutionized the game industry. If nothing else, DayZ has created a new genre; there are who-knows-how-many FPS, strategy, simulation, RPG, etc., games out there and I am grateful to BI for giving us all another option.

• Like 1

Hello there

Nice mods btw.

What one needs to remember is thet the MOD is a very different beast from the SA and I can see many folk preferring other mods and games.

DAYZ is going to be a niche game, it just went viral is all.

How many people bought Gangnam Style? How many will bother to listen to any other of his releases?

Rdgs

LoK

• Like 1

So stop telling people to quit and encourage them to stay, because all it's going to do is delay and damage the game if people (game magazines Ect for example) see that most of us arnt bothered about a player base and are hostile towards these people

Thoughts?

They already sold enough to warrant proper development and support for few years.

So take your break, play something different, come back later or even wait for Beta phase.

Hello there Nice mods btw. What one needs to remember is thet the MOD is a very different beast from the SA and I can see many folk preferring other mods and games. DAYZ is going to be a niche game, it just went viral is all. How many people bought Gangnam Style? How many will bother to listen to any other of his releases? Rdgs LoK

Well I can't really argue with that

They already sold enough to warrant proper development and support for few years.So take your break, play something different, come back later or even wait for Beta phase.

True, but I'm not really concerned about myself

I'm thinking more about the people who take one look and don't buy, or the people who give up because they feel no progress is being made, including the ones I've spoken to who arnt interested anymore because they don't like the way the game is heading

• Like 1

This is not a rant on my part

But I've been seeing every day for months the same posts about people quiting the game for lack of content, slow development, things expected in updates and not appearing

And all the time, people just say

"This game isn't for you"

"Alpha"

"Don't play"

Whether it's the community, Devs, lack of content or whatever

A LOT of people quit all the time, you might not care about this but it is and will cause damage to the development and finished product

If these people quit and tell their friends not to bother, over time sales will drop

I know of around 40 people who didn't even bother (in my own gaming community)

And still haven't got the standalone because they can't see any progress

So stop telling people to quit and encourage them to stay, because all it's going to do is delay and damage the game if people (game magazines Ect for example) see that most of us arnt bothered about a player base and are hostile towards these people

Thoughts?

it is a matter of fact, that DayZ loose player every day (look at the statistic of game played in steam) only rust it is worst, but who care?

They put the money in bag, they made Arma 3 and a day they will maybe do something also fro DayZ SA, this is an early access after all. How early we can't know :D

Hello there

Nice mods btw.

What one needs to remember is thet the MOD is a very different beast from the SA and I can see many folk preferring other mods and games.

DAYZ is going to be a niche game, it just went viral is all.

How many people bought Gangnam Style? How many will bother to listen to any other of his releases?

Rdgs

LoK

I think alot of the divide is in part that many people were waiting to click the buy button the second it went live, based entirely on thier experiences in the MOD. They expected the SA the be the evolution and refinement of that- since the release of the alpha multiple dev blogs and interviews have indicated a step away from "arma with zombies" and more towards a simpler world, with more environmental threats and much much more scarce loot then the mod (even official hive) had.

this is a particularly voltitle can of worms where emotions run high when you have something that makes a departure. Look at what has happened in the battlefield community. Many Pre-Bad company veterans were banned for making very nasty posts towards newbies in the newer titles in that series, because with one release they made a large departure in gameplay from the previously PC exlcusive series, to a multi-platform carbon copy port.

I feel the SA is walking that same sort of line with the same kind of divison in the comunity. Those who remember the mod as that place where they rolled up with thier clan to NWAF, had huge battles there walking away with Night vision scoped FNFAL's and M260 LMGs before blowing up a rival's chopper and trashing thier base then leaving with 2 urals full of military loot want more of that sort of gameplay. what some like to call "arma 2 with zombies". Those who had bad experiences with the mod, or started off in the SA taking it purely on its own merrits probably feel less obliged to bash anything and everything that doesnt mimmick the mod.

Of course, like every issue there's people who can have relevent decent debate/discussion on the issues, and those who take it to extremes.

• Like 2

Hello there

The SA and mod Arma sales have helped the coffers of BI to a large degree. with that cash comes pressure to deliver not a lack of pressure.

Can you imagine how bad in the industry's eyes BI would look if they fluffed up the SA? Also, if they can make a lot of profit through DAYZ, then what about DAYZ II etc etc.

As to the loss in numbers of the casual player taking a peek and then deciding on not to play, well that is now. What happens once the hunting is added? There's a whole new demographic right there.

Yes, ones own clan may have disbanded or not gone with the SA but perhaps the SA isnt aimed at them.

Im not worried about player numbers at all.

But lets wait until the next few major milestone patches are reached and we can see if everything is ok or not and whether i was vastly wrong or not.

Rgds

LoK

I think alot of the divide is in part that many people were waiting to click the buy button the second it went live, based entirely on thier experiences in the MOD. They expected the SA the be the evolution and refinement of that- since the release of the alpha multiple dev blogs and interviews have indicated a step away from "arma with zombies" and more towards a simpler world, with more environmental threats and much much more scarce loot then the mod (even official hive) had.

this is a particularly voltitle can of worms where emotions run high when you have something that makes a departure. Look at what has happened in the battlefield community. Many Pre-Bad company veterans were banned for making very nasty posts towards newbies in the newer titles in that series, because with one release they made a large departure in gameplay from the previously PC exlcusive series, to a multi-platform carbon copy port.

I feel the SA is walking that same sort of line with the same kind of divison in the comunity. Those who remember the mod as that place where they rolled up with thier clan to NWAF, had huge battles there walking away with Night vision scoped FNFAL's and M260 LMGs before blowing up a rival's chopper and trashing thier base then leaving with 2 urals full of military loot want more of that sort of gameplay. what some like to call "arma 2 with zombies". Those who had bad experiences with the mod, or started off in the SA taking it purely on its own merrits probably feel less obliged to bash anything and everything that doesnt mimmick the mod.

Of course, like every issue there's people who can have relevent decent debate/discussion on the issues, and those who take it to extremes.

Agree 100pc

L

• Like 1

My disillusionment with the game stems from unrealistic game additions and the continued development of these casual mainstream features.

Unrealistic movement, unrealistic health system, and the unrealistic shooting mechanics.

We keep waiting for a patch that will make it feel closer to the mod but each new patch brings the game closer to unreal tournament instead of being closer to the mil sim we all love.

• Like 1

A lot of people have played the game to death, which is a mistake seeing that it is alpha. They'll go, they'll come back, or maybe not, either way, I'm aware of the fact that it's not a finished game, and if I do get bored I'm well prepared to take a break. Others need to do the same. 

• Like 1

We keep waiting for a patch that will make it feel closer to the mod but each new patch brings the game closer to unreal tournament instead of being closer to the mil sim we all love.

SA isn't Mod. The fact that the game has sold a couple million copies means the development focus for the DayZ dev team is bound to have changed. In fact, Rocket's vision was something other than an ultra-realistic military sim. He even said this on multiple occasions. He wants the experience to feel "authentic", not realistic.

SA isn't Mod. The fact that the game has sold a couple million copies means the development focus for the DayZ dev team is bound to have changed. In fact, Rocket's vision was something other than an ultra-realistic military sim. He even said this on multiple occasions. He wants the experience to feel "authentic", not realistic.

Yes but SA uses the same name as the mod, is published by the same publisher.

One would have to assume the game would be realistic.

Nobody expected arma 2 + zombies for stand alone we did expect realism however.

Yes but SA uses the same name as the mod, is published by the same publisher.

The mod isn't published by BI, it's published by us. It's community project.

• Like 2

SA should be a continuation/extention of the mod.

SA wouldn't exist if the mod hadn't gone viral.

SA pulls a considerable contingent of its playerbase from the mod

It has the same name

It's development lead by the original creater of the mod

and you dont think it's reasonable to expect it to closely follow the same sort of gameplay as the mod? im all for adding more features, content, security, and depth. i am NOT for a major shift away from the way the mod currently and previously played. "more of the same with some polish and fixes"

• Like 2

Yea standalone ignores what made the mod so popular.

What made the mod popular was the mil sim aspects and loot. 

Yea standalone ignores what made the mod so popular.

What made the mod popular was the mil sim aspects and loot. 

this. 1 million times this.

the more you try to steer the focus away from gear and the struggle between groups for that eqiupment (vehicles included) the more and more Mod vets will just walk. it will always be about the quest for the top level gear, the risk of loosing gear, and the reward of getting more lootz.

• Like 2

Ok ok

Like I said, a lot of people who I used to play with and wanted the standalone have contacted me over the last few months and none have bought the standalone because this is their impression of things right now

So are we now saying it's ok to push people away? Because we have the statistics and money so who cares?

Why they should buy the game if they see that the game isn't enough enjoyable state. I say they are clever because nobody likes to see those rant threads everyday. I haven't recommended the game for any of my friends or anyone who has asked how DayZ is alike. I've heard many times "Oh do you play DayZ? Is it good yet?" and I've always ansewered that the game is very buggy now and you should wait for the end of the year at least before buying. There are a lot of people who still want to buy DayZ but they really shouldn't unless they really know what alpha means.

Those who are losing fate I just say you should wait way more. There's a lot of time before v1.0.

• Like 1

Hello there

The SA will be much more what R envisaged the game to be, not what is popular.

If you really want the mod then why not stay with that? Especially with the new update on the way?

Im not saying "go away" but If I want milsim and loot I play wasteland in A2/A3. Its great.

The devs are making their game not a polished mod.

Yes, many will leave or not buy, but surly those who did buy knew what they were buying into?

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

Chances are that Stand Alone will continue to be unrealistic.

People who were fans of the mod will probably have to wait for a realism mod that adds all of the things we want.

Once that happens standalone population that is already dropping will be gone quickly all moved to the mod.

• Like 1

People who were fans of the mod will probably have to wait for a realism mod that adds all of the things we want.

Once that happens standalone population that is already dropping will be gone quickly all moved to the mod.

Hello there

I doubt that. I really do. I know you dont like the weapons but we are a long way off even beta.

To me, its too soon to judge.

Rgds

LoK

True.

Lol. False.

People who were fans of the mod will probably have to wait for a realism mod that adds all of the things I want.

Fixed that for ya

It is clearly marked as an Alpha.

I liked the last version better than this one.
So I stopped playing for now.

After the next patch, I'll check in again to see whether I like it better now and to give feedback.

I guess it is normal for the state of the game that there is some player fluctuation.