xploD

Is this seriously the whole game?

I just bought the game and spent 6 hours straight playing it..

I managed to run from the shore all the way to the NW base, I didn't see a single person, I seen maybe 3 zombies.

I got myself enough canned food and ammo and guns and water along the way to probably last me a week or more.

I wandered around for another 4 hours town to town just in hopes to find someone, then wondered what I would do, be friends and wander around together for another couple hours?
Or do I shoot him and wander around alone for another 4 hours before I see someone else. 

I don't know what I was expecting, but I cannot understand how this is even remotely fun? I just held W for 6 hours to literally do nothing but pick up some canned food and a gun? 

I'm sure some fun times can happen if a couple of people end up in a town, but is that excitement only to come once every couple hours? 

If zombies are horrible and of no threat, and you hardly ever see people then, wouldn't it be logical to either increase players or zombies per server?

I can see it being better when zombies aren't retarded, also when vehicles are around so you dont have to run for 1 hour and could have more warfare.

I can think of a lot of ways this game could become beast..

Different kinds of zombies? Faster, Slower, Crawling, Hiding.

More guns, like 10-20 typical guns you'd find around Merica.

Vehicles(coming soon): Boats, Helicopter, Biplane, Atv, SUV, Trucks, gocart, golfcart, motorbikes.

WAY WAY WAY more zombies that are more responsive, almost to the point where you make one wrong move you'll be surrounded, or where there is actually an advantage of sticking together with people you meet so you can defend yourself against big hordes of zombies.

AT LEAST 60-120 players per server so you might actually see someone every now and again, and make zombies scale with how many players. 

The ability to set up a secure trading post.

Edited by xploD
  • Like 5

I just bought the game and spent 6 hours straight playing it..

I managed to run from the shore all the way to the NW base, I didn't see a single person, I seen maybe 3 zombies.

I got myself enough canned food and ammo and guns and water along the way to probably last me a week or more.

I wandered around for another 4 hours town to town just in hopes to find someone, then wondered what I would do, be friends and wander around together for another couple hours?

Or do I shoot him and wander around alone for another 4 hours before I see someone else. 

I don't know what I was expecting, but I cannot understand how this is even remotely fun? I just held W for 6 hours to literally do nothing but pick up some canned food and a gun? 

I'm sure some fun times can happen if a couple of people end up in a town, but is that excitement only to come once every couple hours? 

If zombies are horrible and of no threat, and you hardly ever see people then, wouldn't it be logical to either increase players or zombies per server?

I can see it being better when zombies aren't retarded, also when vehicles are around so you dont have to run for 1 hour and could have more warfare.

Now that I've explained my utter disappointment, I can think of a lot of ways this game could become beast..

Different kinds of zombies? Faster, Slower, Crawling, Hiding.

More guns, like 10-20 typical guns you'd find around Merica.

Vehicles(coming soon): Boats, Helicopter, Biplane, Atv, SUV, Trucks, gocart, golfcart, motorbikes.

WAY WAY WAY more zombies that are more responsive, almost to the point where you make one wrong move you'll be surrounded, or where there is actually an advantage of sticking together with people you meet so you can defend yourself against big hordes of zombies.

AT LEAST 60-120 players per server so you might actually see someone every now and again, and make zombies scale with how many players. 

The ability to set up a secure trading post.

Well done now if you had just spent 1/10th of as long reading the alpha warnings on the game you wouldnt have needed to waste so much time on this post. Also some reasearch into a game( or in this case an alpha of a game) before buying is always a smart move.

But hey dont feel bad you will fit in with the huge amount of other people not reading the warnings and making complaint posts oh so often here WELCOME..

• Like 24

You literally described Epoch DayZ. Which, by the way, isn't in a non-feature complete, buggy as hell Alpha version. (as an Alpha should be.)

NOW, THE ISSUE I HAVE WITH YOU:

1. You didn't read the various warnings

2. you didn't read people's own posts on this very forum

So, all I got to say is

dr-lol.gif

• Like 9

Well done now if you had just spent 1/10th of as long reading the alpha warnings on the game you wouldnt have needed to waste so much time on this post. Also some reasearch into a game( or in this case an alpha of a game) before buying is always a smart move.

But hey dont feel bad you will fit in with the huge amount of other people not reading the warnings and making complaint posts oh so often here WELCOME..

I read all the Alpha warnings. I've also researched things, but as you read, I asked QUESTIONS. 

I understand lots of things will be implemented, and I also added things that are not on the 'to be added' list.

Will it ever be lots more zombies? Will it ever be more than 40 players per server or is that what they wanted?

Also is it common to spend 6 hours and not a see a single person?

Do you usually end up spending 1-3 hours just holding W before you see or do anything relevant? 

I know vehicles will be a big change, but also having more than 40 people will as well. 

Down the road you will see better things

hopefully a better medical system, some sort of base building. 

and for gods sake hopefully some way to have more player interaction.

This is my pet peeve in dayz as well. IM just too god damn sneaky I guess, thats why I never find or see anyone. even in elektro and cherno

• Like 7

Your title of the thread is this seriously the whole game answer early release alpha so no its not its merely the start. You say you have reasearched the game well the answer to many of your um questions are already well known . Will there be more zombies yes when they fix the navmeshes and AI and optimize to allow it to be so how many who knows the devs dont till the figure out how much they can squeeze out of the engine( i am sure they have an idea of how many they would like).

They have already tested higher population numbers on servers so yes eventually it will have more than 40 people( depending on the server that people rent and several other factors. Not seeing people hmm depends where you are i can bet you if you hang around berezino you will see plenty ( wouldnt advise it unless you want high pvp though) but um yeah it a zed apoc were 1% pop is alive and its on a rather large 225km2 map so it will at times feel lonely as i imagine being one of few survivours in a apoc would. Holding w for 1 to 3 hours??? hmm strange it takes me no more than 30 min or so to get from any point on the map to another point but i guess i know the map pretty well it has changed a fair bit but in essence it is still the same basic lay out it was 6 years ago with more towns added and many MANY more enterable buildings.

In the end you will be fighting zeds players starvation illness and weather to survive everything you asked by using the search function would have given you answers that or having a look at the video on the development road map.....

• Like 1

Go to berenzino police station my friend, there all your questions will be answered.

• Like 3

I literally almost spewed my beverage out my nose at reading JUST the title. Then I thought to myself "yep, that's all the game is...right at the MOMENT".

Alpha "Early Access" opened in December. By end of June, a mere 6 months later, we should have a dramatically different game.

• Like 1

I'm sorry for coming across as such a downer lol. I just never played a game like this and kind of had high expectations, I seen " dayz standalone" videos and they included heli's and vehicles, so I guess they must of been misleading people.  I agree with everything you say. In my opinion the thing that would make this more exciting besides all of the coming additions is simply more people. I know you stated it's probably coming soon. But I think that would be one of the biggest 'fun boosters' having more people with more dynamic spawning points so every town would have a higher potential of confrontation instead of like 40% in two towns and down to like 5% in the further towns.  

• Like 1

I'm sorry for coming across as such a downer lol. I just never played a game like this and kind of had high expectations, I seen " dayz standalone" videos and they included heli's and vehicles, so I guess they must of been misleading people.  I agree with everything you say. In my opinion the thing that would make this more exciting besides all of the coming additions is simply more people. I know you stated it's probably coming soon. But I think that would be one of the biggest 'fun boosters' having more people with more dynamic spawning points so every town would have a higher potential of confrontation instead of like 40% in two towns and down to like 5% in the further towns.  

Ahhh id say you saw videos either on the mod of dayz( which has been around since earlish 2012) or those who have illegally modded( and usually having pirated the game to sad that it happens) dayz SA to include vehicles hellis from the mod . These will be added in time and with higher polycount models and better textures and also far more depth to the repair maintenance systems( i hope but pretty sure they will seeing they taking there time with them.)

Modding will be allowed in the SA once it is released as a game( or there abouts mod support is a listed coming feature) so really there will be an endless supply of content and play styles available. Early days honestly people asking me about dayz is it any good i reply it will be EPIC but do not buy yet give it time to flesh out more its still very early dayz(pun intended.)

Were you playing on an almost empty server? I've made that mistake before, most people have. It may have helped if you would have explored the coastal towns a little more instead of going straight up north, you almost always find people down south. I feel the current number of guns in okay, especially for alpha, and they are adding more. And base building is coming eventually.

I'm not going to jump on the "It's alpha!" bandwagon but atm there is a shell of a game there. 

The updates and content will be added and we should slowly but surely see some improvements in terms of gameplay, zombies and other things to do apart from eat beans and explore areas other players cant be bothered running to.

Give it a few months and hop back on again - if it hasn't improved to your satisfaction wait for the Beta...there should be a tonne of stuff for us to do then.

I read all the Alpha warnings. I've also researched things, but as you read, I asked QUESTIONS. 

I understand lots of things will be implemented, and I also added things that are not on the 'to be added' list.

Will it ever be lots more zombies? Will it ever be more than 40 players per server or is that what they wanted?

Also is it common to spend 6 hours and not a see a single person?

Do you usually end up spending 1-3 hours just holding W before you see or do anything relevant? 

I know vehicles will be a big change, but also having more than 40 people will as well. 

Serious... are you really asking if the two things which are in every devblog are going to be added? (100 man servers + fixed zombies) Seriously?

• Like 1

Come on down to NEAF and you won't be pressing the w key any longer and you will see lots of people right before your sudden death.

However I dare say you will still be on here whinging but this time it will about KoS'ers lol

• Like 1

No..... No its not....

Do some more research before asking "stupid" questions.

I would advice you to read all the devblogs, dating back to august last year, it will tell you everything you need to know and answer 99% of all the questions you have.

• Like 2

do those dev blogs and stickies and whatever else mentioned go over how to treat people in the forum when someone asks a question?

a couple people answered politely and everyone else cant help being jerks over the internet. why is that?

• Like 1

a lot of dayz videos are edited or staged, so you dont see all the running and hiding inbetween, but only see the distilled action.

to me, the hour-long solitude is an integral part of the game - if after all that hiking you finally run into another survivor, it is a far more thrilling experience than in games like battlefield, where the cycle of spawn-run-die-respawn is few minutes. especially since the game doesnt tell you if its a hostile.

apart of that, the environment is planned to have a much larger impact - fighting hunger, thirst, disease, hypothermia will (hopefully) become vital for your survival.

and as for the spawn points: you have to understand that loot and spawn points currently have one single purpose: providing people with an abundance of items and directing them to certain areas of the map for testing. both loot balance and map balance through spawns will only be conducted after the game is feature-complete.

• Like 6

do those dev blogs and stickies and whatever else mentioned go over how to treat people in the forum when someone asks a question?

a couple people answered politely and everyone else cant help being jerks over the internet. why is that?

Read em and find out

Spoiler: no there information about the game not the forums

Ive come to realize the way you treat people is simply a reflection of self. Innate defects in the quality of their character. Fixable if they realize being kind and positive will always yield better results. 

I did make sure they were 40/40 servers just so I could find people, probably a silly choice going NW tho cause I couldn't find nothing lol. I don't mind KOSers since it could happen IRL so it's something I look forward too..in a way...

Yes I read 3 dev blogs but I didn't read further thinking most of it would be mostly accomplished stuff, that and I wanted to just play the game since I JUST bought it, my bad. 

I've moved from somewhat disappointed to overall optimistic after thinking about the potential.  My levels of excitement. 

100+ man server & more zombie - 10/10

Vehicles - 8.5/10

Better performance and less glitches - 7/10

Hunting - 6/10

Hypothermia/Diseases - 8/10

Better AI - 8/10 

One last question.. is there an ability to spawn with a friend or near them or do you have to try to find each other first?

One last suggestion.. Maybe once the zombie limit raises, a few certain areas that are higher value that are VERY dangerous, a LOT of zombies or different kind of zombies where you would be forced to use teamwork in order to explore that certain area or be James Bond. What do you think? 

One last question.. is there an ability to spawn with a friend or near them or do you have to try to find each other first?

One last suggestion.. Maybe once the zombie limit raises, a few certain areas that are higher value that are VERY dangerous, a LOT of zombies or different kind of zombies where you would be forced to use teamwork in order to explore that certain area or be James Bond. What do you think? 

1) You have to find your friends

2) Actually I don't think we need different types of zombies. Once there are more of them and they don't agro randomly and weapons/ammo become rare, we'll be just fine. :)

Well I do hope they polish the zombie AI and movement properly before introducing more of them. I just had to kill ten of them with a wrench just to get out of the first town after spawning. And I'm not exactly a conspicuous player.

Lol at all the people who fell for the obvious troll

(I hope its a troll, anyone with the ability to use paragraphs and the correct grammar etc... Cant be that stupid...)

alpha = Feature incomplete, buggy. A game in alpha is by definition unfinished

DayZ SA is labelled as alpha

People buy alpha, complain on internet that game is incomplete, buggy

Others answer " the game is alpha, you should expect it to be incomplete"

Complainers reply, "don't tell me it's alpha because I know it's alpha", even though they clearly don't understand what it means

People begin to start non-constructive complaint threads with "I expected this game to be complete and without bugs/glitches, but I know it's alpha, so don't tell me it's alpha" as if this is some kind of legitimate point

------------------------------

Explaining that the game is buggy and incomplete because the game is in early development is the correct response - It's in alpha. If you want a complete game, wait until it's complete. Then you can judge the game legitimately. Until then, play something else which isn't unfinished.

All of the above shows that most consumers aren't ready for early access. They have no idea what it means even when they say they understand. You might even say it's misleading. In my opinion there needs to be some kind of barrier to this kind of access to early versions of games.

• Like 2