SmashT

The challenge and saga of Zombie Pathfinding

Ya being positive is hard ill give him that (mr sinister) but that's no excuse to bring down hate on anyone or anything ... After all there are much worse things out there , dayz team in my eyes shouldn't be a spectacle of hate , it's just a video game in a massive world of hate lies wars and pain so please lets leave dayz out of our strife haha ... Stay positive and you'll remain positive , stay negative and you'll remain negative ... Can't wait for the update I'm such excite !!

• Like 1

Dude I hate the banks and monetary system as much as the next guy, but if you're that tight on cash maybe you should spend less time gaming and more time busting your ass and supporting your family. Trust me, I've made a lot of sacrifices to be able to sustain myself and my lifestyle.. It's not BI's fault you're having money problems.

I wouldnt even say im that tight on cash just yet (had things been different for the family and we weren't robbed by liar's i would actually be a very well off person). And with the current system, i think its obvious that no matter how hard you work, we are heading for the crapper, for example its been proved in cyprus how far they are willing to go to literally tell the corporations to pull their money out of the country and then raid the savings of the common man/woman. Even if this isnt to happen its blatantly obvious we are heading for currency devaluation or the death of it completely. Pointless working hard, may as well earn minimal and spend the time you have doing the things you enjoy. And yes i have made a number of comments about the progress of this game which have been perhaps slightly unfair and defiantly "ski-wiff" so to speak, with my complete built in pessimism with how far people are willing to go to completely rip of vast numbers of people to make the quick buck, we see it endlessly in life, from family,to company, to bank, to the head of the snake, (the government and private banks all governments "borrow from") just an endless line of people leeching the back end out of us all.  But i wasn't meaning any of that at all in my most recent comment about dayz, its good to see what they have laid out and i wish the team good luck, i do hold my hands up and admit, there are exceptions in life. From time to time. :). 

Ya being positive is hard ill give him that (mr sinister) but that's no excuse to bring down hate on anyone or anything ... After all there are much worse things out there , dayz team in my eyes shouldn't be a spectacle of hate , it's just a video game in a massive world of hate lies wars and pain so please lets leave dayz out of our strife haha ... Stay positive and you'll remain positive , stay negative and you'll remain negative ... Can't wait for the update I'm such excite !!

That's true. :). There is one thing to be very hopeful on though i will say at the moment. The private banking elites dictatorship has been spotted by millions (finally) across the globe, and the tide is turning. :). I know my grandfather would be happy to see it coming from every corner of the internet, he was in WW2 spent 5 years as a POW. Alot happened to him, and he taught me alot too. The one thing that gives me real pleasure is the thought of these people squirming because since the largest scale fraud ever commited from the people to the banks/bankers, it has snowballed on them entirely. Watching the mainstream media in complete misinformative overdirve too gives me great pleasure also, :) the more they speak of what truly means nothing to the general public, the more the public looks for their own answers to this financial cataclysm we are all perched over. The best of times the worst of times, i actually thank the bankers for over playing their hand in 2008. They did humanity a favor, they "woke" millions up to their presence.   

Edited by Mr Sinister
  • Like 2

also good to hear the mumbo jumbo coming out of their mouths.  tired of getting the talk and not seeing results AT ALL.  all i see is an incomplete game with so much potential, the lack of content and things to keep you entertained besides murdering people is going to be this games demise.  other games that have been out less time are getting more and more attention.  good luck devs.....i hope you make it.

Yeah, screw them, telling us what's going to be in their game before it's even implemented1!!11 liars!!111

Edited by Very Ape
  • Like 1

It's a Tortoise demmet!

Leon: Tortoise, what's that?

Holden: Know what a turtle is?

Leon: Of course.

Holden: Same thing.

Leon: I've never seen a turtle - But I understand what you mean.

Edited by dayzjarhead
  • Like 1

:beans: :D  Good job guys keep up with good work.  :D :beans:

Edited by KaserinSmarte67

I hope they fix it before the real apocalypse.

• Like 1

I hope they fix it before the real apocalypse.

What are you seeing neo, financial/economic of the west or Ukraine and the rest of the east in the way of war etc?. 

just a joke as i am really looking forward to the pathfinding fix. There is a potential crisis with poisonous ground water from fracking in many countries as well as diminishing organic food supplies, bees almost extinct and geo engineering..

Getting back to the zombies lol. Will they see you through walls or buildings? Hard to be sneeking when they have xray vision. :lol:  I guees they are mutant zombies. Hopfully this will also fix that problem. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I think thats part of the same problem but I havent had that issue i can often sneak past a zombie in current build with a wall between us..

Keep throwing it down and improving.  Once the zombies are taken care of and that foundation is rock solid this game can keep growing!!

• Like 1

I'm freaking stoked for this!

Future's so bright...I gotta wear pristine condition shades!!

• Like 2

long time no info with regards to the zombie pathfinding. Would love to know what the current status is.

I'm waiting for good zombie numbers before I even think about re installing DayZ. I think I'm going to be waiting a long winter and then some ^_^

• Like 1

devs should just admit that they have no clue how to code instead of giving us such a lame excuse!

all these problems with something as common as "pathfinding" just shows me that they better should hire somebody who actually can code.

Every freaking game since 1990 has some kind of pathfinding or something similar implemented. Even wolfenstein3d got it right from the beginning.

So, why the freaking hell is it such a big deal to code this?

oh, i know: because this whole engine is a big piece of crap. The time they've spent to get simple things running in arma engine could have been used to start a whole new engine from scratch.

FFS so incompetent!!!

ps: according to the pics and the description about their work in this thread it clearly shows that this is not real pathfinding. It's more like putting a train on tracks and add some railway switches to simulate some kind of pseudo dynamic movement of zombies!

what a crap

• Like 1

Getting back to the zombies lol. Will they see you through walls or buildings? Hard to be sneeking when they have xray vision. :lol:  I guees they are mutant zombies. Hopfully this will also fix that problem. :thumbsup:

zombies cant see through walls or obstacles. if you are close they can hear you, maybe that made you think that the zombies can see through walls.

Edited by MusabSurvivor

*snip*

No. You have no idea what you are talking about. Stop spitting around insultions. You are clearly too lazy to read the information given by the devs.

You'll have problems to be taken seriously if you ragepost for no reason. Has anyone done harm to you? No? Then calm down and don't try to troll around like many others.

No. You have no idea what you are talking about. Stop spitting around insultions. You are clearly too lazy to read the information given by the devs.

You'll have problems to be taken seriously if you ragepost for no reason. Has anyone done harm to you? No? Then calm down and don't try to troll around like many others.

Sometimes rage has a reason - a good reason

this is one of those occasions

Just seeing this very very slow and crappy progress they make gives me a headache.

Just seeing this very very slow and crappy progress they make gives me a headache.

A wise man once said "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

Said man would have never claimed to be wise himself. He just was.

Much unlike you. If you're such hot shit with cpu-constrained AI-pathfinding, why don't you submit your resume to BI and go work on a problem that only you really understand? You'd be irreplacable, get to work on the game you like so much and make a handsome amount of currency. Or, just make like a tree and burn.

Well atm big changes are made to the core of the engine that cannot be be commited step by step. Theres also much time getting lost for changes concerning the theft of the source code. If someone finds a way to build a new 2.2 million computer botnet this wouldn't be funny, would it?

If you take a break from the game for one or two months I'm shure there will be some progress for you to see ;)

Edited by Agilov

A wise man once said "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

Said man would have never claimed to be wise himself. He just was.

Much unlike you. If you're such hot shit with cpu-constrained AI-pathfinding, why don't you submit your resume to BI and go work on a problem that only you really understand? You'd be irreplacable, get to work on the game you like so much and make a handsome amount of currency. Or, just make like a tree and burn.

an even wiser man once said "your mom!" and what he meant was "leave poor robophant alone cause he is totally right! this game will never be finished and everything done by now is utterly crap!"

lets put it like this:

IF they will ever be able to debug those deathtraps called "ladders", "stairs" and "rocks" and IF they will ever be able to debug these clunky annoying movement animations (where u stop moving when u switch a gun or raise your fists, or even when u are prone and crouch over a little bump on the ground which will cause you to stand up again in the most hectic situations) i will give this game another try. But i doubt they will figure out how to do it, i really do.

Edited by robophant
  • Like 1