G4m3rHead

UN / PRESS Gear Neutrality!

UN / PRESS Gear Neutrality  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to abide by these rules and see it being respected in game ?

• Yes
    • Im an asshole, so i will still kill players wearing those items!
    • No

I wanna start a new trend in game!

So the idea is that players in Alpha, who are more out to get a feel for the game, loot, explore Chernarus and in general not care about PvP at all and has no intent for KOSing (Killing On Sight)

To be able to have a sort of safe guard against people who delute themselfs into thinking this is a full release and we can start playing it as such, by doing absolutly nothing but killing other players :S

The SafeGuards i had in mind are cosmetic: UN Ballistic Helmet (Blue with UN printed in white, on it)

UN Beret (Blue with white gold sigil)

Press Vest ( Blue with PRESS printed in white, on it)

120px-BH_UN.pngun_military_beret.png234px-Blue_Press_Vest.png?version=90e792

All these items are in our current world viewed as Neutral enteties where they do not engage in combat and are not engaged either in combat (for the most part)

Wearing these items (sticking out everywhere you are) should get you out of the crosshairs of KOSers, bandits may hold you up and loot you, without killing you!

(DO NOT loot the helm or vest and shoot players for not having the safeduard, such assholes can none of you be)

Rules: ALWAYS USE, DO NOT ABUSE!

i.e. Keeping in inventory to use only in sertain parts of the map known for PvP areas, to avoid getting killed.

DO NOT STEAL IT FROM OTHERS!

i.e Through a hold up, tricking players etc. (Some of them are RARE, and can only be found at Military bases/airfields/airstrips)

ABSOLUTLY NO ENGAGEMENT!

i.e Unless being engaged by some n00b KOSers or bandits! STATE this idea, return fire if thay have no respect for it, in self defense!

DO NOT RUIN CREDIBILITY!

i.e Dont be an ass, killing everything you see wearing these items, ONLY to ruin its credibility for everyone else where people wont belive others wearing these, because of your actions!

Tips: You can find these items in Police stations (Beret), Airfields Balota Airstrip (SWAF), Airstrips Krasnostav Airstrip (NEAF), possibly even in towns, Military Bases

*EDIT: Look guys, this isnt something i asked of the Developers to implement, which would mean if you agree to it, it would be stuck in game and you with it!

Its a Community based request to respect the BLUE as a none leathel entity, which is very much achievable.

At least give it a chance!

Edited by G4m3rHead
  • Like 4

m4 should be neutral weapon too! Also mosin with LRS is a sign of neutrality. If you shoot me, I will report you to rocket.

• Like 2

m4 should be neutral weapon too! Also mosin with LRS is a sign of neutrality. If you shoot me, I will report you to rocket.

Dont be an idiot, you cant kill others with a Beret but you can with an M4 -.-

But you know..

NIGHT.

How are we supposed to tell who is who, when they are in a building.. hiding in bushes..

or its pitch black and the guy bumps into you whilst you're eating some uncooked rice raw style like Chuck Norris would do? 

Edited by lrish

But you know..

NIGHT.

How are we supposed to tell who is who, when they are in a building.. hiding in bushes..

or its pitch black and the guy bumps into you whilst you're eating some uncooked rice raw style like Chuck Norris would do? 

You dont have to worrie about nightime, the players who would like to see this happen most probably will not play nightime!

If they do, im not sure if the print on the helms and vest are visible, but thats a problem for another time..

So, I have been against formal factions for a while. I recently started playing A3:Breaking Point again and they have a functional faction system. It seriously changes the game into something better. All of the tension. Less KoS. More social interaction.

The only way I would view people wearing this gear as "neutral" would be if there was a job/faction system in place that guaranteed me of that fact. Unless that happens, KoS all of the way.

I'd love to see this, it means I can ditch the Mosin/LRS and instead carry something less threatening meant for hunting like the crossbow or sporter, or blaze. It also means I can be a medic in hot zones without worrying about catching a bullet every few seconds.

I doubt people would follow this though, for one, you aren't reaching all 2 million some players with this idea, only those here on these forums. Another thing is just general tossers that will KoS anything they see out of spite or boredom.

So, I have been against formal factions for a while. I recently started playing A3:Breaking Point again and they have a functional faction system. It seriously changes the game into something better. All of the tension. Less KoS. More social interaction.

The only way I would view people wearing this gear as "neutral" would be if there was a job/faction system in place that guaranteed me of that fact. Unless that happens, KoS all of the way.

This is Alpha, were not even supposed to be playing this according to game company standards, you know damn right this game will not see anykind of major changes in the coming months, let alone factioning!

This is what we got now and what we have to work with!

You rarly ask an officer to show him his badge and ID before you talk to him, why can you not do the same here? Just trust UN geard players or at least avoid them without killing them, if youre not entirely sure of what might happen..

A server or two to test out this would be nice to have... Server rules being UN / PRESS Geared player are Neutral DO NOT ENGAGE! or something i gues

I thought this was already a thing? To me, and I'm sure to many others, UN beret/ helmet is a sign that the wearer won't KoS. Hell, I avoid camo clothes in general - at least when I have the choice. I figure that if I'm dressed in blue with a UN hat then people who KoS in self-defence will be less inclined to shoot me in the face. 

Personally I'd go with a:

Wool coat red, blue, gray, or brown for that civilized doctor/therapist look.

Hopefully a red cross helmet or some other kind of "medic" headgear in the future, but yeah until then I'm wearing UN.

Cargo pants of various color

Bow since it's mostly just for hunting and is useless at the moment

And a handgun for zombie protection and last resort combat.... I did like using the shotgun for a bit because it's so weak that it might scare or injure the KOS people, but it won't kill them. I've even had KOS people apologize and give me stuff after I gave them morphine instead of finishing them off.... Unfortunately I doubt the shotgun really portrays a "friendly" image though... I might consider keeping a sawed off.

What I'm really looking forward to is tazers and stunguns, maybe some tranquilizer weapons... I wonder if an epi-pen would counteract someone starting to go unconscious from a tranq.

Edit:

Not to fond of the press vest... I mean, how can I be both UN and the press at the same time?:p Also it's rare and offers the best bullet protection, so a lot of people will want to kill me if only for the coolness of rare items, but then therein lies a problem with my bow as well...

Edited by Phoenix777

The thing is that more times than not when I am kos by a group they all have dup press gear and shooting me through walls. So the choice of being an asshole for still shooting when we all know that this is gear that is desired by the type of players that take advantage of glitches and use that to kill players in the most cheap way, will never work. Cool concept and would love to see a more creative roles in the game, but most are out to just troll.

• Like 2

Oh, I'd never, ever shoot someone wearing that gear.  Or use it to gain trust and advantage before murdering helpless little hobbittses newspawns.

We promises, doesn't we, Precious?

@ the OP a noble idea indeed however i see a few problems;

1. system is based on credibility of your "faction"s intentions. there is ZERO way to enforce this, and what about all th epople who just wear what they find that give better protecting then current gear? Many of whom have never been to the forums?

2. someone will always abuse it under-mining that credibility. since thier no faction "system" that would allow someone to admin the faction and eject anyone not adhering to a code of conduct, anyone can simply coppy your "uniform".

3. There will always be those who like to be evil and hunt the good guy. even since the early days of mod "hero hunting" has been a popular passtime of PvPers. for that very reason being KNOWN as a friendly/neutral  enemy may actually make you more of a target.

This reminds me of that lame thing going around in FPS's many years ago called the OWP (Online Warfare Pact)

This reminds me of that lame thing going around in FPS's many years ago called the OWP (Online Warfare Pact)

is it bad that i remember that>?

lol that went sooooo well xD *Scarcasm*

@ the OP a noble idea indeed however i see a few problems;

1. system is based on credibility of your "faction"s intentions. there is ZERO way to enforce this, and what about all th epople who just wear what they find that give better protecting then current gear? Many of whom have never been to the forums?

2. someone will always abuse it under-mining that credibility. since thier no faction "system" that would allow someone to admin the faction and eject anyone not adhering to a code of conduct, anyone can simply coppy your "uniform".

3. There will always be those who like to be evil and hunt the good guy. even since the early days of mod "hero hunting" has been a popular passtime of PvPers. for that very reason being KNOWN as a friendly/neutral  enemy may actually make you more of a target.

I hope they add character "backgrounds", each one with a specific advantage but all classes would have an invisible form of "progression". No custom skins.

• "EMT" (civilian) = would have better medical skills. The more people you heal the less materials you need because you are more efficient at your job. After enough progression you spawn with a medkit, then a medical armband and, eventually, a special medical backpack identifies you as a veteran medic.
  • "Mechanic" (civilian) = better vehicle repair skills. The more vehicles you repair the less materials you need. After enough progression you spawn with a overalls that can be worn over your normal clothing and eventually a special "toolbox" that can carry over your shoulder and will hold tools and can be worn together with a backpack.
  • "Construction worker" (civilian) = same as mechanic but for base-building.
  • "Military Veteran" (non-civilian) = gradually lower bullet dispersion and increased physical endurance. After a certain level you spawn "in uniform" which looks special and holds the same amount of stuff as TTsKO gear. Much higher penalties for killing civilians.
  • "Reporter" (civilian) = pacifist. After a certain level you spawn with special version of the press vest and tranquilizer pistols/rifles. Higher penalties for killing all other players (besides traitors or bloody murderers).
  • "Murderer/Criminal" (non-civilian) = can do whatever he wants. No progression. No loss of points when killing civilians. No skin. After one kill the character model shows blood on his hands/face. Blood is reset on death.

All backgrounds would suffer progression penalties when killing civilians. Positive points when killing traitors or non-civilians for some backgrounds. If too many negative points are accumulated in a particular background you will be turned into a traitor and your hands/face will always be bloody while playing a character with said background. The only way to remove this is to get enough points so you are above a certain threshold.

All backgrounds could increase their skills (medical, vehicle repair, construction, physical endurance, shooting accuracy) over time but upon death all of these skills would be reset. Only the background skills bonuses would be persistent through death.

Edited by scriptfactory

Great idea expect every time I've seen someone wearing a UN Helmet/Beret it's right before they shot someone.

Bandits wear them on the regular cause no one but a stupid hero is dumb enough to wear one right? No, it's the best Hero/Bambi bait and the best part is you wear it on your head. So no need to move it around or forget that you dropped it in the road. It's like spraying your self with pheromones before the prom..

Either way I voted yes. Cause I still carry my beret around and put it on right before I confront someone I hope to be friendly. But for real though never met a friendly who was wearing one. I've met more friendly's fully clad in TTSKO with Mosin and LRS. Just my 2 cents..

Edited by RyBo

i would accept this rule... but they even kill bambis with no pants on which is the most neutral thing in this game.

Edited by duke0095

DO NOT RUIN CREDIBILITY!

i.e Dont be an ass, killing everything you see wearing these items, ONLY to ruin its credibility for everyone else where people wont belive others wearing these, because of your actions!

and those pics downer...
Yeah, there will be always ppl who will be doing so