TheGreatPerson

Remove night-time for now, until it's fixed?

Remove night-time for now?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Remove night time for now?

• Yep
    • Nope

Night time is mostly a nuisance right now. Its not possible to see, nobody plays on them, and their just overall annoying. I personally think UNTIL night-time is fixed, it should just be removed, but put back once it's fixed and made possible to use. Do you agree?

What do you mean fixed? Its night time... you aren't supposed to see.

Personally I love night time.  Its way more of a challenge, and there are quite a few people that play on night servers.

Ad there are literally hundreds of other servers that aren't night time.  Just go play on on of those.

What do you mean fixed? Its night time... you aren't supposed to see.

Personally I love night time.  Its way more of a challenge, and there are quite a few people that play on night servers.

Ad there are literally hundreds of other servers that aren't night time.  Just go play on on of those.

This^^..night is....wait for it....DARK lol

Also you spawn with the flashlight, don't see how so many people moan over night time.

Making it lighter is breaking a very nice realistic night time, keep it dark devs, just sort out the gamma adjustments so all the whiners stop with the "Its unfair cos he can see me and I cant"  :)

• Like 1

Also you spawn with the flashlight, don't see how so many people moan over night time.

Making it lighter is breaking a very nice realistic night time, keep it dark devs, just sort out the gamma adjustments so all the whiners stop with the "Its unfair cos he can see me and I cant" :)

In all fairness nighttime in DayZ is way, way, waaaay darker than nighttime in real life. It's not realistic at all.

And as far as that useless flashlight that gives you a pea hole sized FOV they might as well remove those as well.

Edited by WrecklessMEDIC
  • Like 3

In all fairness nighttime in DayZ is way, way, waaaay darker than nighttime in real life. It's not realistic at all.

And as far as that useless flasight that gives you a pea hole sized FOV they might as well remove those as well.

Well I live in a rural area of the UK, and trust me dark means dark. Means you cannot see your hand if you hold it at arms length from your face and cannot see the floor directly in front of you lol.

The flashlight isn't perfect but most aren't searchlights lol. They do have a very restricted illumination area. If the torch is supposed to be a cheap civil one (the one we spawn with I mean) then it should be useless.

I think some peeps want the normal flashlight to be like on of those ott hiking ones with 2 halogen lamps and a belt battery pack. Now those things will light up an entire hillside up to about 200m, but the dark void still appears after that.

To put it into perspective....I enter and leave my house multiple times per day.....at night I still trip on the step sometimes because I cant see it :)

• Like 3

It gets pretty damn dark IRL when there is no street lamps around

I have walked in forests at night and might as well have closed my eyes

Edit: if you don't like night why not play on a daytime only server?

If they added realistic moonlight then nighttime might be playable. Until then it's pretty ridiculous IMHO. :)

Edit: Actually I do just stick to daytime servers. Twilight and dawn are pretty cool but eventually it just gets too dark.

Edited by WrecklessMEDIC

90% of people who play at night can see absolutely fine and don't even need a flashlight! All they do is turn the gamma up and whoo hoo, night time is irrelevant!! 

Edited by JamesLennoxHood

The main problem I have with night time in DayZ is the time doesn't seem to be synced with the server. If you log off and back on the time will go back a few hours and you can see again. So people who join the server after you are able to see for longer, which puts you at a complete disadvantage.

Another is the fact that the lights go through the walls but I guess that is being worked on

Look.

I can see you have a point you are trying to make here, but you need to know a few things first.

Night is not broken in anyway. There are full moon nights, and partial moon nights in DayZ that allow you to see easily without lights. Right now though, that is turned off. Reasons why they would do that? So you are forced to test out your flashlight, and lamp. So things can be tested properly for night time.

See, if they make it easy mode and have full moon nights or no night at all then how the hell do we test the night?

Alpha is for testing, not playing. Its simple. Just wait, or play something else until you can handle the night time

• Like 4

I would say the problem is the lack of visual adjustment to the night. In life eventually we can see.. better in the dark. outlines of objects, stars and the moon begin having a bigger impact in what we can see.

in the game, dark is dark forever. to say that the darkness is "realistic" is wrong, if you are running around in the dark <EDIT> outside </EDIT> for an hour, you're going to be able to make out objects.

That said, some people like it, and there are day servers. We also need *someone* to play night to give some feedback.

Edited by cpthiner
  • Like 4

And as far as that useless flashlight that gives you a pea hole sized FOV they might as well remove those as well.

I have a brilliant idea that will blow you away.  

You ready for it?

If you don't like the night, then don't play on servers with night time.

• Like 1

Making it lighter is breaking a very nice realistic night time, keep it dark devs, just sort out the gamma adjustments so all the whiners stop with the "Its unfair cos he can see me and I cant"   :)

Gamma is fixed, tried it yesterday xD All u see is black and white

Light pollution.. try standing in the middle of nowhere at absolute midnight without any street lights and the moon behind a mountain.
  • Like 1

Hmmm you sure?

I jus tried it and its like it always was....clouds off >gamma up>brightness a lil.....easy to play on a server set at 2am ;)

EDIT - All gamma ever did was change it from pitch, to a washed out black white and grey colour scale ;)

Edited by Karmaterror

Completely agree, dayz is way too hard, next they should remove zombies, remove guns and the stronger of the melee weapons. I want a game where the only item available is a screwdriver.

Also the map is too big, the sun is too sharp, and the rain is too wet.

• Like 5

Hmmm you sure?

I jus tried it and its like it always was....clouds off >gamma up>brightness a lil.....easy to play on a server set at 2am ;)

EDIT - All gamma ever did was change it from pitch, to a washed out black white and grey colour scale ;)

Hmm, i shall try this xD, didnt know that turning off clouds helped XD

Hmm, i shall try this xD, didnt know that turning off clouds helped XD

I think its that we didn't have dynamic clouds in the mod so they never effected it....now there are 3 factors to the trick lol :)

There is plenty of dumb shit to at night, we have a blast running around acting like fools.. Try it some time..

• Like 1

why remove them? i play on nighttime sometimes.

It's an option so I don't see the point of removing it.  It doesn't need to be "fixed" they just need more light sources.  Flares, chemlights, campfires are all coming so that will be helpful.

There's little incentive to stay on one server right now as well is the other thing.  Once there's a reason to stay on one server people will be more willing to put up with night.  Accelerated time will get put in as well, so those who don't like 12 hours of dark will be happier.  I'm one of them =P

I like a little night, but truth be told I don't play it right now.  That doesn't mean I want it taken out though, it means I find a day time server.

Theres no point in removing a part of the game, just because it doesnt work like you want it to.

Lets just leave it in and let them fix it when they have the time tbh.

It would actually be more work to remove it, then just leave it for the time being.

Night time is awesome using the lanterns is great. We put a few in town in some buildings and wait for unsuspecting people to show up thinking someone is in there or just curious to see why lights are on in the buildings. Lanterns best in game tool yet!!! Be very cautious at night there people who can see incredibly well at night for some reason  I always get sniped by a mosin in the total dark : (.. Night play is a blast though....

Edited by FPSgonebad

Albeit the gamma adjusting is annoying if or when people use it, I still play during night, just use a headlamp when needed. It's quite fun.

Night time is mostly a nuisance right now. Its not possible to see, nobody plays on them, and their just overall annoying. I personally think UNTIL night-time is fixed, it should just be removed, but put back once it's fixed and made possible to use. Do you agree?

1 word head torch........

Use it...works a treat..

Only under certain weather conditions. Mostly gamma exploiting still works.