direwind

disable 3rd person view.

No pain killers? twitching like a cocain sniffer? no problem switch to 3rd person view, fart out your soul and view yourself in all your glory! then you can see your self twitch without the nasty drawbacks

Damn those pesky trees and bushes, are you prone? can't see? well hit that button and switch to 3rd person view! you can then magically see all around you! the eye of sauron has nothing on you!

in a building? need to see out that door but cant move? WELL say no more, hit that 3rd person button! you'll be able to see even while your are cowering under that table, who needs a friendly ghost when you can use 3rd person view!

you scavaging on a roof? did some one fire and miss at you? did you soil your pants then dive to the floor before realizing you wont be able to see where he shot from? Say no more! hit that 3rd person button and you wont have a problem!

force all players into fp view, in a mod like this you shouldnt be able to go into 3rd person view no matter how useful and game breaking it is. it just ruins the immersion and makes other aspects of the game pointless.

wow qq more

if you dont like it play on a veteran server. the vast majority of people want the option to be server specific, deal with it cry baby

This has been discussed a few times before. It's a server option and most people seem to be ok with having the option to join a server that uses it or not.

Go in server with FP vieuwonly , Problem solved

SOme players dont enjoy playing while we can scout arround us and how our ghillie suits look at the current place were on the ground ,

if sombody can use 3rd person then you can also

i do use 3rd person, but that is not the point, this is meant to be a survival simulation, key word is >simulation<

the 3rd person view takes away from the immersion, play using only first person and you will see what i mean.

survival simulation should not allow 3rd person.

3rd person compensates for the lack of peripheral vision, obviously you can't see yourself irl, but the camera position in 3rd person reflects what you CAN ACTUALLY SEE in real life.

as opposed to having 3 monitors and pumping up the FOV.

i do use 3rd person, but that is not the point, this is meant to be a survival simulation, key word is >simulation<

Funny...ArmA is a military >simulation<...yet it has the 3rd person avaible unless SERVER SETTINGS disable it

3rd person compensates for the lack of peripheral vision' date=' obviously you can't see yourself irl, but the camera position in 3rd person reflects what you CAN ACTUALLY SEE in real life.

as opposed to having 3 monitors and pumping up the FOV.

[/quote']

Does it fuck.

well its never going to be exact, but it helps. its closer

keep it as a setting, if you don't want 3dp, don't play on 3dp enabled servers, problem solved.

there is a huger difference between a military >simulation< and a survival simulation.

the military sim trys to get all tech aspect correct, as close as they can get for training purposes while the survival sim is meant to reflect and simulate a real(well, as real as walking dead can be) world situation, in a military sim its fine, but in a survival sim it takes away from the immersion and adds silly advantages while also bypassing game mechanics such as the aim twitching effect.

I like 1st person and no crosshair, so I play on [3DP=0 CH=0] servers only. Other people like other things and therefore play on different servers. What is the problem? As long as the rules are the same for everyone on a given server, nothing.

Agree with OP.

But as stated, you can simply take the right server. (meaning no 3rd enable)

And currently this is kind of great because most the people like to play on regular setting with 3rd view enabled, meaning, most of the "hardcore" servers are most of the time half-full while regular almost full.

Oh and personnaly, I survived much longer on HxC servers, so IMO It's a win :)

When the servers are saturated and it's next to impossible to find a slot, often you suddenly see 10/50 people in the horizon, it's like seeing an oasis in the desert, you're not quite sure either this is real or if you're dellusional due to dehydratation.

You get a closer look.... yep, it's a 3DP OFF server :(

There's a reason those ones have always some slots available, might be the same reason I'd rather wait for half an hour for another server to join.

Damn those pesky trees and bushes, are you prone? can't see? well hit that button and switch to crouch stance to raise your profile way higher than you actually would IRL. DayZ is so realistic that you can't just raise your head a little bit to see over those foot long blades of grass and forget about just using your arms to raise your body just enough so that your head can see over the foliage, in the real world people wouldn't do something safe like that.

Having trouble moving inside a building because your fat character is too fat and can only point his gun directly in front of himself? Well get used to it bro, this shit is hardcore real. This is immersion, now go walk around your house with your arms pointed out in front of you and get stuck in door ways, so that when you play dayz your ass gets immersed.

Hightailing it from some zeds in your UAZ and thought you saw a bandit crouching next to the rear of the gas station you just passed? Turn that UAZ around since russian rear view mirrors are actually just grey paintings made by putin himself and are far superior than the convenience of actually seeing what is behind you.

there is a huger difference between a military >simulation< and a survival simulation.

the military sim trys to get all tech aspect correct' date=' as close as they can get for training purposes while the survival sim is meant to reflect and simulate a real(well, as real as walking dead can be) world situation, in a military sim its fine, but in a survival sim it takes away from the immersion and adds silly advantages while also bypassing game mechanics such as the aim twitching effect.

[/quote']

You don't like it, most do, cry more.

When the servers are saturated and it's next to impossible to find a slot' date=' often you suddenly see 10/50 people in the horizon, it's like seeing an oasis in the desert, you're not quite sure either this is real or if you're dellusional due to dehydratation.

There's a reason those ones have always some slots available, might be the same reason I'd rather wait for half an hour for another server to join.

[/quote']

I find the opposite to be true, I often have a hard time finding servers without 3DP as they are few and always full. It might be a regional difference/preference as I only play on european servers. Are you US based?

Stupid thread.

There are more servers that actually DON'T support 3rd Person View than servers having it enabled. :dodgy:

I wonder what your problem is.

Head for a Veteran/Expert server, in most cases they will have 3rd person view locked so you can play how you like to.

Maybe YOU don't like 3rd person... but well, there are lots of players including myself who find it horrible to use 1st person while crouching through zombie-infested areas. Just saying: You don't like it? Alright, it's okay. Just don't try to screw up the game for people who like and use 3rd person.

When the servers are saturated and it's next to impossible to find a slot' date=' often you suddenly see 10/50 people in the horizon, it's like seeing an oasis in the desert, you're not quite sure either this is real or if you're dellusional due to dehydratation.

[/quote']

I find the opposite to be true, I often have a hard time finding servers without 3DP as they are few and always full. It might be a regional difference/preference as I only play on european servers. Are you US based?

No, I'm based in Europe (France) just like you.

There are more servers that actually DON'T support 3rd Person View than servers having it enabled. :dodgy:

Maybe where you live. If you live in the UK and want low ping they are harder to find than 3DP=1 servers.

I like 1st person and no crosshair' date=' so I play on [3DP=0 CH=0'] servers only. Other people like other things and therefore play on different servers. What is the problem? As long as the rules are the same for everyone on a given server, nothing.

I agree that some people want 3rd on and prefer it that way.

We then need new leaderboards with separate sections.

And playing on 3rd servers should mean you cant swap to none 3rd.

Because using 3rd makes it easier to get loot and that easy gained loot should not be transferable to harder none 3rd servers.

I like 1st person and no crosshair' date=' so I play on [3DP=0 CH=0'] servers only. Other people like other things and therefore play on different servers. What is the problem? As long as the rules are the same for everyone on a given server, nothing.

Because using 3rd makes it easier to get loot and that easy gained loot should not be transferable to harder none 3rd servers.

Well, I didn't take leaderboards into consideration because they mean absolutely bugger all to me, I'm in it for the immersion.

Here's my solution: Get rid of the leaderboards.

Well, I didn't take leaderboards into consideration because they mean absolutely bugger all to me, I'm in it for the immersion.

I agree with the leaderboards lets get rid.

now tell my why someone who has it easy to get loot on a 3rd server should be alowed to take that loot onto a server where its harder to earn.

I agree with the leaderboards lets get rid.

now tell my why someone who has it easy to get loot on a 3rd server should be alowed to take that loot onto a server where its harder to earn.

I don't think it makes that big of a difference. Low difficulty servers seem to be full of very trigger happy people so that kinda makes up for it.

I don't think it makes that big of a difference. Low difficulty servers seem to be full of very trigger happy people so that kinda makes up for it.

maybe m8 wouldn't know I never play on 3rd servers I'm too fucking ard init :)

GTFO to veteran servers what your fucking problem ? The engine of arma is so glitchy esp. in buildings only a masochist would want to removed 3rd person view.