gibonez

Will the new AKM suck ?

AKM dispersion  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the AKM will have horrible dispersion?

Yes it can especially when the make one of the most accurate guns in real life the M4A1 completely inaccurate in game.

Prepare for the AKM to shoot sheep and jump out of your hands and run down the road screaming "IM FRIENDLY! IM FRIENDLY!"

Of all of the in games guns the m4 is probably the most accurate rifle in real life.

Yet in game its the most inaccurate gun :/

• Like 1

Of all of the in games guns the m4 is probably the most accurate rifle in real life.

Yet in game its the most inaccurate gun :/

That's the problem of all shooters. Real war is unforgiving, but in games people would cry if things weren't balanced. Who would bother with other guns the devs spent time implementing if a gun with 60 bullets was as accurate as it should have been.

Edited by DontGoToBalotaAlone

That's the problem of all shooters. Real war is unforgiving, but in games people would cry if things weren't balanced. Who would bother with other guns the devs spent time implementing if a gun with 60 bullets was as accurate as it should have been.

I don't get why they would even attempt to balance anything when they have the ultimate balancing tool this time around.

Give the guns their real life stats and then "balance" by controlling the spawn rates, heck the devs now have the ability to control the exact number of a certain item across all servers.

balancing weapons by making them unrealistic is terrible.

• Like 5

Give the guns their real life stats and then "balance" by controlling the spawn rates, heck the devs now have the ability to control the exact number of a certain item across all servers.

balancing weapons by making them unrealistic is terrible.

Stats are good and all, but there's more to it than that isn't there?

If you give some random guy an M4 he's not going to shoot the head off a crow at 200 yards is he?

I don't think it's unrealistic for random survivors to have crap aim with an automatic weapon they've not handled before.

Compared to semi-auto they're way harder to handle so it's fair that their aim sucks.

If they do add some kind of progression system as has been discussed that will all be fixed anyway, shoot an M4 enough and your aim is as good as it could be instead of all over the place.

Anyway I think the AKM will suck but hopefully it will at least take over some of the M4 spawns and stop people spamming them.

I just hope it doesn't have a million attachments like the M4 give other guns some love first, long range or longer range scope on the SKS please.

If you give some random guy an M4 he's not going to shoot the head off a crow at 200 yards is he?

I don't think it's unrealistic for random survivors to have crap aim with an automatic weapon they've not handled before.

Compared to semi-auto they're way harder to handle so it's fair that their aim sucks.

If they do add some kind of progression system as has been discussed that will all be fixed anyway, shoot an M4 enough and your aim is as good as it could be instead of all over the place.

Anyway I think the AKM will suck but hopefully it will at least take over some of the M4 spawns and stop people spamming them.

I just hope it doesn't have a million attachments like the M4 give other guns some love first, long range or longer range scope on the SKS please.

The last thing the game needs is progression and rpg elements.

That would lean even further from its roots.

I still think the only solution is when it comes to the shooting mechanics and gunplay the devs should copy real life as best as humanly possible this way human error is displayed not by magical cones of fire but by the player not learning to fire the gun due to high gun sway, lack of controlling his breathing, not properly aligning his sights and firing once his sights are lined up, by not learning how to keep the gun steady throughout the entire fire cycle, by not supporting the weapon on a surface in order to keep the weapon steady.

All these things are subtle additions that could remove and replace the crappy cone of fire seen today.

Yeah I hate how they forget that it is still gun-wise a military simulator, why would you base the game on the ArmA engine if you don't want realism.

I guess people whined too much about the DMR in the mod.

The last thing the game needs is progression and rpg elements.

That would lean even further from its roots.

I still think the only solution is when it comes to the shooting mechanics and gunplay the devs should copy real life as best as humanly possible this way human error is displayed not by magical cones of fire but by the player not learning to fire the gun due to high gun sway, lack of controlling his breathing, not properly aligning his sights and firing once his sights are lined up, by not learning how to keep the gun steady throughout the entire fire cycle, by not supporting the weapon on a surface in order to keep the weapon steady.

All these things are subtle additions that could remove and replace the crappy cone of fire seen today.

But with a mouse shooting system it's just really not hard to aim and it's not easy to make it realistic, progression is a great idea as people survive in a situation like DayZ they become more accustomed to the life style.

You see it all the time in similar things, Walking Dead for example they all get comfortable enough around zombies to take them out with knives.

People adapt, and so should the player character in DayZ, it only makes sense.

Would you rather not know someone that murdered you with an M4 from a large distance actually took the time and had some skill in order to be that accurate? Rather than just spray all their bullets and get you or attempt a burst fire tactic and get lucky.

The sway is unrealistic for a trained marksman not just in general, bullet drop is another story though of course. It should just get the point where you have some realistic control over the weapon and know how to fire it, judge range etc etc instead of just being slightly difficult to use and then you get used to it and can always shoot perfectly.

Anyway given that the AKM gets a 75 round mag I hope it is horribly innacurate cos every group of bandits will just server hop until they're all kitted out with them.

Not much anyone can do with 4 guys raining 300 rounds down on them.

I think the next gun to have lots of attachments are the new MP5 coming out since it can probably be fitted with different stocks, grips, sights, etc.

If only people knew that weapons are not measured just by the accuracy, but I hope they will bring in weapon jamming and the effect of environment on the firearms in general, but at the moment only thing we can say is "I have a dream, that one day Dayz...) ;D

AR rifles are super reliable when allowed to run wet. Not my fault militaries didn't always allow them to run wet, and gave them a bad rep. The the north hollywood shootout, the man with the AK has his gun jam. Just food for thought.

And yet, with all this nonsense concerning dispersion, 17 people died in a 200m circle around Berezino pd Friday night. Give me a break. I finished a guy from the cafe window, firing into the church yard with the CQB m4...

AR rifles are super reliable when allowed to run wet. Not my fault militaries didn't always allow them to run wet, and gave them a bad rep. The the north hollywood shootout, the man with the AK has his gun jam. Just food for thought.

Thought for what? Military experts around the world agree that AK until lately, and even now, is one of the most reliable and without a doubt the easiest assault rifle to use.One incident is no proof imo.

Edited by So Sexy

And yet, with all this nonsense concerning dispersion, 17 people died in a 200m circle around Berezino pd Friday night. Give me a break. I finished a guy from the cafe window, firing into the church yard with the CQB m4...

Nobody said it makes it impossible to get kills it just requires luck and thats where the frustration stems from.

The dispersion takes away player skill and replaces it with randomness and luck.

Instead of rewarding a player for aiming at just the right place to get a kill the game rolls dice and sometimes rewards him and sometimes does not the problem is you cannot account for rng.

200m is relatively short distance.

I killed six people that night. There was no luck. I pointed, fired a burst, people dropped. When I got popped by an sks, it was from 75m.

This dispersion talk is seriously overstated.

I killed six people that night. There was no luck. I pointed, fired a burst, people dropped. When I got popped by an sks, it was from 75m.

This dispersion talk is seriously overstated.

The m4 is well over 10 times less accurate in game compared to real life.

How is that overstated.

Simply put as long as the guns in game do not function or behave like their real life counterparts people will be annoyed.

I hit what I point at in both. Go get a hobby Gib, this white whale is going out to sea.