rocket

Patch 1.5.7 and this being an Alpha and fucking zombie spawns

I haven't played the new version but I am excited.

More Zack?

YES PLZ!

Making any decent progress in-game has been severely curtailed with this unfortunate side effect (overly enthusiastic Zombie spawns and greater survivor *detection radius*) brought about by the changes that were applied in the last Alpha release.

I'm doing my best to stay alive but it is proving to be a fruitless task.

I am waiting, as I am sure are many others as to what will bring the next Alpha installment.

Thank you.

*seems to me that the blinking Zed's are picking up my trail from a much greater distance compared to previous versions, I may be wrong but I don't think so.*

Once again, thank you.

How hard is it to realize the zombie numbers/rate wasn't exactly part of the intended patch. Even still, it is a chance to test crazy zombie numbers. Its times like this when you find out the balance between speed and numbers.

I care less about the numbers than the fact that I can't seem to use flares or empty whiskey bottles to distract the zombies. I'll test this some more.

Instead of getting your panties in a wad, try to provide some constructive criticism and help the boys out.

May Day Zombie outbreak of 2012. Balls required.

So me and my friend have been talking.. (we are hyper realism fanatics) and we like the number of zombies per town. Maybe KEEP the number of initial zeds spawned in one area, just lower how fast they spawn? that way zeds will become scary, and hard to deal with, instead of being a minor threat and pk being the main worry. That was you wont get pked after killing the only two zeds in cherno. People will be afraid to engage because of the HUGE zed pop. But but people in a group could easily clear a city and have it sptay that way awhile. Idk. just maybe.:idea:

Please stop comparing this game to a non-existent real world zombie apocalypse scenario.

It is a video game.

It isn't as much the number of zombies that upsets me' date=' its the consequences:

1. They cannot be evaded

2. They will never stop chasing you unless you kill them

3. They run fast and zig zag

4. They respawn before you can clear them all

5. They teleport into buildings

With lower zombie population, the above problems were bearable. Now they are not. Maybe if some or all of those points are fixed, it will make the increase in zombies tolerable.

[/quote']

Excellent post. Agreed 100%.

Please stop comparing this game to a non-existent real world zombie apocalypse scenario.

It is a video game.

It isn't as much the number of zombies that upsets me' date=' its the consequences:

1. They cannot be evaded

With lower zombie population, the above problems were bearable. Now they are not. Maybe if some or all of those points are fixed, it will make the increase in zombies tolerable.

[/quote']

Excellent post. Agreed 100%.

Definitely was spot on with that one.

I'm a bit torn here. While I do feel the numbers are a bit too high I also found that it felt a lot more like the end of the world when I snuck near a town and could see zeds shuffling along the streets and some crawling through the grass... all of them moaning and growling.

Was like a moment straight from The Walking Dead show! Hats off to the Devs for making that moment possible. :)

It is a video game.

1. They cannot be evaded

[/quote']

So true, please read this post devs!

Maybe give even more zombies but make them slower?

I agree with this, slowing their movement and spawning. The biggest thing is it needs to be possible to do something if you run out of ammo. Zombies that just run as fast as you do and never stop means if you run out of ammo, and there are still zed alive, you get to run until you either give up or get rescued.

Towns need to be dangerous, but there should be some option for the lone wolf.

This screws the bandits more than anything a cz550 or lee enfield will now pretty much attract 50 zombies to their location which means they are stuck until someone rescues them.

It seems to me zombies are alright, but the panic system is not too great. Getting Panicked by a monkey zombie is simply annoying. Its not a fun mechanic and it serves no purpose other than to alert other zombies. When you start the game, you start with a pistol, beans, water, and flares. Your character obviously survived on his own for some time, he shouldn't be afraid of one or two zombies anymore. The panic should only set in when you take extensive damage or you aggro more than 10 zombies.

Also, zombie spawns are simply too quick. When clearing the NW airfield hangars I get about to the end of the hangars and the zombies are already re spawning at the front of them. If you are going to keep the massive amount of zombies then tone down the spawn times.

Otherewise, everything is good. Thats in my opinion however, I may be wrong.

This screws the bandits more than anything a cz550 or lee enfield will now pretty much attract 50 zombies to their location which means they are stuck until someone rescues them.

No, they just disconnect in order to lose the aggro.

Well, most of the bandits i fought were playing like that. They shoot at you, and seconds later, they disconnect, so that they can't get hit back by you or the zombies.

For some reason i just entered a server that had no loot spawning, no zombies spawning and the time was almost 9 hours off of what it should have been.

is that simply their problem or is it something that is known about?

No' date=' they just disconnect in order to lose the aggro. Well, most of the bandits i fought were playing like that. They shoot at you, and seconds later, they disconnect, so that they can't get hit back by you or the zombies.

[/quote']

Record demos of this. This, I'm sure, is against the rules, and would be a bannable offense.

TKJ

So me and my friend have been talking.. (we are hyper realism fanatics) and we like the number of zombies per town. Maybe KEEP the number of initial zeds spawned in one area' date=' just lower how fast they spawn? that way zeds will become scary, and hard to deal with, instead of being a minor threat and pk being the main worry. That was you wont get pked after killing the only two zeds in cherno. People will be afraid to engage because of the HUGE zed pop. But but people in a group could easily clear a city and have it sptay that way awhile. Idk. just maybe.:idea:

[/quote']

+1 Agreed

Spawning is an interesting beast. I was online, and a zed was about 20 feet in front of me, shambling back and forth. All of a sudden, it DISAPPEARED! I was surprised by it. Then, out of nowhere, three monkey zeds spawned within about 10 feet of me. It killed the immersion (obviously) and also caused me to have to rethink returning the way I had come.

I don't know if we could get the spawns to 'hold off' if there are survivors within 'eye shot', but that's my idea. You shouldn't have them disappear in front of you, nor should they suddenly appear out of nowhere.

TKJ

Direct Communication seems to not be working properly, making it impossible to have a private conversation.

Would a in-game pm/whisper function be possible? A function where you can write private messages without needing to be right next to each other.

When you swim you loose your gear(Maybe it's on purpose, I don't know).

More zombies = more fun.

Screw all those guys who think they should be able to survive the zombie apocalypse by themselves and think they should be able to just aggro all the zombies in a town and run into a building, headshot them all then loot the town with impunity.

Zombies need to be more of a threat than bandits, it's dayZ not dayB. Sure there are shortfalls and bugs in the way zombies move that makes them exploitable. So the simple answer I think should be the age old overriding strength of zombies the world over. Shitloads of zombies!!!

Keep up the great work Rocket.

Let me get this straight now' date=' the gist is:

Too few zombies = People just "PVP" because its easier

Too many zombies = People just "PVP" because its something to do

And somehow, "just right" = People won't "PVP" too much?

[/quote']

Actually, I believe it's more:

Too few zombies = People kill everyone because they're bored and not challenged

Too many zombies = People still kill each other but are way more careful about it, and it happens a lot less "at random".

I have no idea what is "just right" though :)

So if PVP is going to be rampant either way. Which would you want, too few or too many zombies.

There is difference, to me, between having the option to kill players if need be, and just dayz being yet another team death match mod. One bores me (like every single FPS out there) and the other one provides insane social tension, paranoia, etc.

With 1.5.6, the mod itself was very easy so people just ended up killing everyone on sight because nothing else was challenging.

Since 1.5.7, tons more people actually talk to each other (well, to me at least) and apart from that one bandit stalking me, I haven't been shot randomly by strangers I met so far, though I've been shot for my bloody map! :)

Really depends on what path you want to follow and they are VERY different:

- Human hunting simulation with some whatever zombies and survival thingies thrown in because..you know...why not.

OR

- Zombie apocalypse survival simulation, with all the social interaction that it involves.

Anyway, its been discussed to death, its a bug, its just being left for a few days until we can do the next update to see what happens.

Yea, but it's a shit ton of fun bug, gotta admit :)

I like the idea of a ton of zombies. I just don't like the idea of starting out, at or after dusk, with nothing but a makarov, in even a small town where the zombies outnumber the buildings 10 to 1. My friend and I have been playing for about a week now and it's been a great nerve racking experience, but just before the patch we where killed by bandits and had to restart. And the only time we can play together is in the evening. We both HATED the new patch, with a f*cking passion. Until we finally found a server with reasonable ping that was still daytime when we where able to play. Once that one thing changed it started to be fun again. I get night time is supposed to be difficult and I agree it should be, but for us people who have to start over and are only able to play in the evenings it condemns them to a cycle of death with nothing we can do about it. Maybe the developers should consider reducing the number of items and zombies in the coastal towns (at least the small ones) that way new and respawning players can have a chance, especially at night. That's just one suggestion, if anyone has another I'd like to hear it.