Sign in to follow this  
StephanieR

Can't Sprint

Hi, I'm new to playing DayZ. I have a friend that I play with a lot. No matter what I do, my character won't sprint.  He always out runs me and zombies catch me. I need help because I would like to play by myself eventually and won't do so if I can't sprint. Please help.

Double tap w. (w+w)

Raise fists using space then double tap w to sprint faster. (space+w+w)

You can't sprint uphill (yet) or on uneven ground.

i find that i can when i zigzag

Double tap w. (w+w)

Raise fists using space then double tap w to sprint faster. (space+w+w)

Yeah, that doesn't work anymore. Doesn't mean I still don't do it anyways. xD

Did you right-click with nothing in your hands? You won't be able to run until you right-click again.

Yeah, that doesn't work anymore. Doesn't mean I still don't do it anyways. xD

Oh no shit? Dang, had no clue. Haha! :p

Make sure you didn't get stuck leaning.  I was playing with a buddy the other day and he was bitching about not being able to sprint.  turns out he had double tapped his lean key and was stuck leaning to the left.  as soon as he stood up straight he could sprint again

• Like 1

Accidentally hit shift twice? Make sure you didn't toggle run/walk. Also make sure you try right-click that damn stupid button has caused me to not sprint/run at times.

You run faster with a axe in your hands tho :)

I tested that and found it to be false. Why do you lie?

I tested that and found it to be false. Why do you lie?

Didn't lie, works for me, look it up on YouTube too. Don't accuse someone of lying when you have posted 37 times.... maybe u messed It up.

Didn't lie, works for me, look it up on YouTube too. Don't accuse someone of lying when you have posted 37 times.... maybe u messed It up.

How do I mess something like that up?

1. I stand next to my friend.

2. We run at the same time.

3. ???

4. Profit.

Also, what does post counts have to do with anything. You don't even have a avatar, does that make your argument invalid?

P.S Yolo Swag

How do I mess something like that up?

1. I stand next to my friend.

2. We run at the same time.

3. ???

4. Profit.

Also, what does post counts have to do with anything. You don't even have a avatar, does that make your argument invalid?

P.S Yolo Swag

If it doesn't work then it doesn't, maybe the game had an update, atleast a few days ago it worked,

Your post count says noob to me, which means you could be a guy that just started out and don't know much, or you could know much and just got on forums, don't go around accusing people of lying when it did work and there's proof of it working, I also like not having a profile picture, makes me look anonymous.

Also saying p.s yolo swag tells me you could be a mentally deranged 10 yr old, just saying

Edited by Michael_42

If it doesn't work then it doesn't, maybe the game had an update, atleast a few days ago it worked,

Your post count says noob to me, which means you could be a guy that just started out and don't know much, or you could know much and just got on forums, don't go around accusing people of lying when it did work and there's proof of it working, I also like not having a profile picture, makes me look anonymous.

Also saying p.s yolo swag tells me you could be a mentally deranged 10 yr old, just saying

I'm forever 11. Hurhurhur

i find that i can when i zigzag

Because when you do that your character is climbing a MUCH less steep incline. So youre not really running up and hill, its more of a *slight, slight* incline that way back and forth untill you reach the summit.

If you only have one main weapon, you can just put it away and repeatedly take your melee weapon and put it away to run up hills without zigzagging

Because when you do that your character is climbing a MUCH less steep incline. So youre not really running up and hill, its more of a *slight, slight* incline that way back and forth untill you reach the summit.

Somewhat off-topic, but has anyone tested whether the zig-zag will actually get up the hill any faster? It's a relatively moot point because your relative speed to a potential aggressor may save your life so zagging up the hill is a better option. Just curious if anyone's tested whether it's any faster than chugging up in a straight line at walking speed.

Somewhat off-topic, but has anyone tested whether the zig-zag will actually get up the hill any faster? It's a relatively moot point because your relative speed to a potential aggressor may save your life so zagging up the hill is a better option. Just curious if anyone's tested whether it's any faster than chugging up in a straight line at walking speed.

I think it is, a friend of mine got the game at the same time as me, he didn't know about zig-zagging up hills whereas I knew about it from the mod, I was nearly to the top of the hill before he was even halfway up.  it depedns on he incline of your zigzag

I did, its faster up and down hills to zigzag