Sign in to follow this  
Rick1633

What was the point of Crossbow if Zeds still aggro from it?

Why in God's name did they bother to make the crossbow and release it in the patch if it has no stealth and aggros zeds?  When we noticed suppressors didn't work we just accepted it because they were already in the game and figured they were working on it........... When they gave us the Amphibian S that has a freaking built in suppressor...... then it was really ridiculous because the excuse that an attachment issue was not longer at hand like with the suppressor attachments not working on guns.  

But, the greatest acts of ridiculous come in 3's, so Bohemia gave us a crossbow......   which for the love of God, should not possibly be loud enough to aggro zeds no matter what......but...    

Bohemia, you managed to fucking amaze me........ the fucking crossbow aggros zombies.

Why did they waist time creating and implementing.... and putting the crossbow in the game if it's core function is broken?

“DayZ Early Access is your chance to experience DayZ as it evolves throughout its development process. Be aware that our Early Access offer is a representation of our core pillars, and the framework we have created around them. It is a work in progress and therefore contains a variety of bugs. We strongly advise you not to buy and play the game at this stage unless you clearly understand what Early Access means and are interested in participating in the ongoing development cycle.”

The development of a game is aimed towards the final product, it's not aimed at completing certain features for the sake of the players, when the point of incomplete features is to test them first.

Edited by Ghostflux
  • Like 7

How, in God's name, are we "testing" anything if so many things are poorly implemented or downright broken?    What empirical data can we possibly gather for Bohemia that is useful if so many things are so badly broken?   The idea that they are giving us spray cans and new guns is not providing them with clairvoyant and amazing breakthroughs in information.

If the devs can learn how to make the game better by giving me broken items on top of the poorly implemented mechanics.....

let me save them the 5 months of work so far...................

Fix ambient noise glitch, fix unresponsive hot keys, fix distance rendering bug, fix a lot of stuff and keep the broken crossbow, amphiban S, and suppressors.

This is why I don't comment on your threads. You're never looking for an answer. You just enjoy shooting people down when they try to provide one.

I hope the zombies that aggro'd your crossbow shot ate your face.

That is all.

• Like 2

I really don't care if it aggro's zombies at this point. The zombies are still lame as can be. They fall down and kill themselves sometimes, get stuck in objects, and they get juked so bad that you can run miles away from them without worry. It's the players with bad intentions that I worry about.

How, in God's name, are we "testing" anything if so many things are poorly implemented or downright broken?    What empirical data can we possibly gather for Bohemia that is useful if so many things are so badly broken?   The idea that they are giving us spray cans and new guns is not providing them with clairvoyant and amazing breakthroughs in information.

If the devs can learn how to make the game better by giving me broken items on top of the poorly implemented mechanics.....

let me save them the 5 months of work so far...................

Fix ambient noise glitch, fix unresponsive hot keys, fix distance rendering bug, fix a lot of stuff and keep the broken crossbow, amphiban S, and suppressors.

Do you EVER post anything at all that isn't a whining bitchfest? Fucks sake dude, you piss and moan more than my ex-wife. Go play something else til next winter.

• Like 1

Zeds might agro everything at the moment, you can crawl past them in the blackest night on the other side of a building and they might just jump on you, throught the walls, or maybe that near one will ignore you (he's got his ipod on) and another one will come running down from the hills a mile away to stomp you. If you shoot anything anywhere with anything, if you move, if you dont move, or for no reason at all, or perhaps because another player killed one 10 mins ago and this one spawned and he's already agroed to the eyeballs and you're the only thing alive inside his 3-minute mile sprint. But sometimes they get bored and wander off, or you run around a couple of things or go upstairs and they loose you completely, and forget what's happening. Sometimes they hide in a wall and wait for you. Like I said, some of them have their headphones on and they just sway their shoulders and ignore everything. They hear the zombie music.

In general, it's kind of interesting + getting better. I like it all, but it would be great to have STEALTH so you could try to sneak around.

Also: Crossbows and Zeds are both going to change, def, next patch fo' sure.

Edited by pilgrim
  • Like 2

I feel your frustration OP but am willing to accept that the game is very young still. Threads like these just give the Alpha police reason to turn on their sirens and go screaming alpha even though you do make some good points about the logic of the way the devs do things. If after a year and things haven't improved greatly then we will all have reason to believe that they never will. 

Edited by Gunslinger63

Hello there

Rick you know better than this. Dont forget you are on thin ice with those 3 points.

Make it constructive or dont post.

Closing.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1