devirecui

Bandits ruin this game

You're doing something wrong.

We usually end up being fairly geared within 15 minutes of playing.

What do you consider fairly geared? If your definition and mine are anything even remotely close to the same, then I want to see a stream of you doing that.

• Like 1

I think someone used hacks to kill us. We had no idea where the bullets came from. We died in elektro. This game wants me to take up smoking again.

did you have your pants on ? you are not allowed to wear them in elektro :D

no but seriously: dont go to elektro. dont even near it.

i was on a six person server and every single person was in elektro. it was a gigantic wiggle-party with some dudes playing music until someone took out his m4 and killed us all :(

Maybe HS now since i ve don't read the whole topic but banditts offer us the best reason to kill them. Every encountering can be "death" or "life"

I love you, bandits !

i come from demons souls and dark souls!

dayz is far too easy for me!   hitting the head of a Zombie took me some practice !  but i am back 1 hit killing Zombies!!!!

whenever i got bored in dayz i just walked to the coast looking for verbal interaction!

that was my way of respawning when the game got boring after hours of looting without any interaction at all!

but i moved on to arma3!   i m a KOS-SCUM now in wasteland!

Would you play in any Dayz team ?

it so great to travel with mates to the airstrip, and suddenly we hear gunshot from your rignt.instinctively all of threes go on the ground. one put on bino and begin for watching the KO'SER. we decide to move on stealthy but again three shots in the air. We begin to move to the next hiding place etc... that's what i lived yesterday with two guys met ingame. We talk a moment and assume to bother our ways. That's such moments i love in Dayz. It's just spontaneity. And such interactions will grow while devs adding content. When we ll have got persitent base construction and all the other stuff. i m sure the game wil be more roleplay as a sandbox game is intend for RP, no ? Maybe devs needs to force (smoothly of course) players to RP to add more RP elements emphasis with gameplay or the realistic way of the game.

Sorry for my poor english

Hello all, 

I am a new player who had recently acquired a lot of gear in this game. My buddy and I had fully loaded M4's, and a lot of supplies on our journeys. We are good players who did not watch any trouble. We just like to kill zombies and have a good time.

Unfortunately, we were killed from coward bandits who didn't even bother showing their faces.

All for our gear which we had took days to acquire. Between this and all the bugs, this game is just too much hassle for me. I am a casual player with bad back problems from driving a truck for 15 years. I also have high blood pressure and diabetes and these bandit assholes don't seem to help it.

Please consider banning bandits from the game. Griefers like them are causing me TONS of health problems and I shouldn't be penalized for it. I just want to PLAY the damn game that I bought. 

Your user name is full of whining, your first post is sodden with tears.

Follow me to my unicorn tree. It needs watering.

Bandits ruin the game?

I ruin bandits.

• Like 1

Think about how the game would be without bandits.

It would be nothing. You wouldn't have to worry about anything besides zombies.

Game would be boring without bandits. Bandits are the ones to spice up the game too. :P

What do you consider fairly geared? If your definition and mine are anything even remotely close to the same, then I want to see a stream of you doing that.

Getting a gun(SKS or better), ammo, backpack, mostly green clothes and some basic supplies such as food, bandages and binoculars. Within the 30 minutes to an hour, it's usually military gear.

We are familiar with a wide variety of locations for different types of loot and plan our routes efficiently. We always first go for a "loot run" before we head back to the coast to interact with players. Where one player wouldn't succeed, we clear entire villages in a group.

Edited by Ghostflux

It is not so much the bandits that chap my ass it is the hackers that truly ruin this game....straight up bandits are what makes this game fun and exciting...hackers make it almost unplayable in any big city and airfield. Cowboy up and kill back!!! It is a hoot just dont hack the textures and walk through buildings. Cheers!!!

Hello all, 

I am a new player who had recently acquired a lot of gear in this game. My buddy and I had fully loaded M4's, and a lot of supplies on our journeys. We are good players who did not watch any trouble. We just like to kill zombies and have a good time.

Unfortunately, we were killed from coward bandits who didn't even bother showing their faces.

All for our gear which we had took days to acquire. Between this and all the bugs, this game is just too much hassle for me. I am a casual player with bad back problems from driving a truck for 15 years. I also have high blood pressure and diabetes and these bandit assholes don't seem to help it.

Please consider banning bandits from the game. Griefers like them are causing me TONS of health problems and I shouldn't be penalized for it. I just want to PLAY the damn game that I bought. 

You were loaded with gear and begging to get robbed. Nice that your partner was useless in the fight, too. 

There is a difference between 'bandits' and the idiots who just think its funny to kill fresh spawns with no loot. The more geared I get, the more I tense up and know I'm a target. I don't run around without a care in the world if I'm loaded, even in low pop servers. I don't mind that part of the game because its real. 

I'm guessing you and your buddy charged into a big town like you owned the place. Don't do that.

Yet another soul lost, for he carried pants in Elektro.

Seriously, just stay out of Elektrozavodsk. Especially if you're not good at spotting snipers.

I encounter groups of bullies more and more. It seems this game is turning into a hunting game. Single players like myself stand no chance in world of chernaurus.  Im going to give this game a break, at least until melee weapons are fixed. Regardless  what others say, all melee weapons are useless right now. Zombies are blood hounds that follow you across the hills and glide faster than you can sprint. Yes its alpha and that's why Im taking a break from it.

If you want to shoot zombies with a friend, play NMRiH or L4D2, DayZ is mainly PVP-focused.

If you don't like it, get used to it.

not at all... Day Z is a free roam zombie survival game.. dissapointing to hear that from you..Dont ever try to force people to play PVP or tell them its  PVP game because it quite simply is not....

People can play the way they want.. Its not mainly PVP Focused at all........ Not at all.. What you have is the Day Z Community are mostly focused on PVP, the Day Z community are a bunch of retards who cannot keep their gun in their pants... the day z community are too scared to attempt to communicate and would rather KILL anything that moves. Don't blame the game because the players are all dickheads.

The game is open world and by no means supposed to be PVP...I would prefer to just play it PVE,  on a private server with a no bandit rule...just because the community that plays is vile. and go read DAY Z Standalone's  official website...

Quote from buying page:

DAYZ is a gritty, authentic, open-world survival horror hybrid-MMO game, in which players follow a single goal: to survive in the harsh post-apocalyptic landscape as long as they can. Players can live through powerful events and emotions arising from the ever-evolving emergent gameplay.

Where does it mention PVP? Where does it mention Player VS Player? Nowhere

'OPEN WORLD SURVIVAL HORROR'

Not pvp. Vile community highlighted again in this thread full of absolute no brainers

Edited by AgentNe0
  • Like 1

I don't think bandits ruin the game, I think people who can't play both dynamics of the game ruin it.
I enjoy playing bandit, I also enjoy playing hero or survivor whatever you call it.. both sides make this game interesting. 
From my days of playing epoch, most people who complained about bandits were the oblivious players example:

someone running in the middle of the road on the coast get's shot and complains that whoever killed him is a KOS bandit noob..
For the most part, you are mainly going to run into bad people but you are also going to run into nice people. as I said, that's what makes this game so interesting..
that and free will.

The game is open world and by no means supposed to be PvP

Vile community

A mulitplayer survival game implies PvP, especially given the game's basis in zombie fiction where groups of survivors always clash.

PvP isn't mentioned explicitly, sure, but as I said. It's implied. The aim of the game is to survive. Survival may entail the stealing of supplies from other players. As a result, players will feel the need to defend themselves to prevent this from happening. In the game's current state where supplies are plentiful, this particular aspect of survival has, unfortunately, degenerated into KoS.

PvP is an integral part of DayZ and has been from the very beginning. Saying that DayZ is 'in no way a PvP game' shows a complete lack of understanding of the survival aspect of the game.

And then, after you establish that you have little to no understanding of the game's genre, you call the entire community 'vile'. People like you make me want to become a bandit. You're right that DayZ isn't, or shouldn't be, PvP focused - but to claim with absolute confidence that PvP has no place in the game at all is demonstrably wrong.

People can play the way they want

You got that right.

• Like 1

They need to implement a pvp-free server. There was a guy with no gun just standing there and he killed us. If there are PVE servers on every other MMO besides DAY Z why cant there be one without it here

There are litterally hundreds of DayZ servers and the vast majority have few to no players. I learned to play the game on these low population servers until I got comfortable. I have run around for hours and hours without ever seeing a soul. I suggest you do the same. Tip: press "P" key once in a while to see how many people are on the server. If it starts to fill up then move to another. It's quite simple to avoid humans if you want to.

• Like 1

not at all... Day Z is a free roam zombie survival game.. dissapointing to hear that from you..Dont ever try to force people to play PVP or tell them its  PVP game because it quite simply is not....

People can play the way they want.. Its not mainly PVP Focused at all........ Not at all.. What you have is the Day Z Community are mostly focused on PVP, the Day Z community are a bunch of retards who cannot keep their gun in their pants... the day z community are too scared to attempt to communicate and would rather KILL anything that moves. Don't blame the game because the players are all dickheads.

The game is open world and by no means supposed to be PVP...I would prefer to just play it PVE,  on a private server with a no bandit rule...just because the community that plays is vile. and go read DAY Z Standalone's  official website...

Quote from buying page:

DAYZ is a gritty, authentic, open-world survival horror hybrid-MMO game, in which players follow a single goal: to survive in the harsh post-apocalyptic landscape as long as they can. Players can live through powerful events and emotions arising from the ever-evolving emergent gameplay.

Not pvp. Vile community highlighted again in this thread full of absolute no brainers

Uh, where does the horror come from?

Players.

Where do the powerful events come from?

Players.

And if it wasn't PVP, why do guns do damage to other players and not just zombies? > - >

NO bandits don't destroy the game, KOS'ers do. it would be boring without bandits. who would i kill then?

Feel like I could be being trolled, but I'll bite anyway, because I know there are people who's opinion of the game is similar.  In fact, I bet the good majority of the bubble sales of this game hold some of the same sentiments. You won't find as many echoed here; this is a forum with a lot of hardcore fans who have been posting since the early days of the mod. The hype that surrounded the stand alone coming out I think really brought in a huge influx of people who heard the chatter, saw a few vids and decided to jump on board. The really is an answer for your questions.

You bought the wrong game.

Now, don't get me wrong, you might learn to love it. You might not. You might have a love / hate relationship with this kind of no checkpoint, no exclamation point quest giver, no dialog option, no safe zone type game. I'm really saying, you probably thought the game was something else. The game is intended to be primarily survival from a variety of sources not just zombie battles. Zombies have never been a major threat though I do miss the days of having to crawl around every town desperate, desperate for a can of food, and not even being able to punch the zombies. You have to survive those, hunger, thirst and eventually hopefully weather too. But humans are the real threat. Yea, a man might stand out in the crowd and try and do something to save you, but most will quietly slink away if they aren't putting another bullet into you.  There will always be men who are willing to kill for sport, to take what you have rather than gather for themselves.

There will always be bandits.

I hope you learn to love this game. This type of open experience is not like any other sort of game. Cool experiences in the game are results of people, not scripts and cut scenes. It is organic and unpredictable. I urge you to give it a chance, learn to trust less, and be less attached to your gear. Pick a cool challenge for yourself and role play it a bit. Maybe you only use a crossbow this life, or maybe you grew up in Cherno and completely gear and survive with in its limits

Edited by Tenebrous
  • Like 3

When a bandit kills a troll, its a win win right?

The word bandit needs to fuck right off. I am not a bandit, I am a whimsical psychopath, handing out death and help in equal proportions.

I'll kill a man for fun, I'll kill a man for being in the same area as me. Shit, I'll kill a man just because I had an uneven number of bullets in my gun.

At the same time, I'll hand a loaded gun to a fresh spawn just to see what he'll do. I'll drop all my gear for someone because I am bored. I'll bandage a guy I just shot if I feel like it.

• Like 1

Uh, where does the horror come from?

Players.

Where do the powerful events come from?

Players.

And if it wasn't PVP, why do guns do damage to other players and not just zombies? > - >

Horror Survival- zombies, dangerous environment, atmosphere, sound design...

Yes as well as the danger from other players...

PVP just describes a small part of the experience where as its really optional how you deal with other people , it isn't the main part of the game and the way people force that onto new players is only going to make the problem worse..

Killing on sight pretty much ruins this game to be honest. Obviously guns do damage, its a realistic game and i think we all enjoy the aspects of dealing with people and not knowing how they'll react..forcing people to deathmatch and saying the game is PVP from experienced players does not help the game or community at all., the game doesn't anywhere say it is PVP or versus and it is in fact worded carefully as a survival experience.

If you cannot grasp that point then don't worry about it.

Edited by AgentNe0

-Snip

There will always be bandits.

yeah we know that Sherlock. Other players unpredictability brings a unique aspect to the game. Will people communicate or just kill one another?

However there is no unpredictability with this community. Unless you know the person its pretty much a given they will just shoot on sight.

What is the problem is literally 99% of the game players killing on sight as we may as well throw away all the survival aspects and just have a shitty deathmatch because that is what most the players seem to want to do