Grimey Rick

I wish we were forced to interact with others to survive...

I wonder if any of you tried trully hardcore servers for DayZ mod. Probably not.

Less loot, super hard zeds = people more likely to group up?

True.

Less PvP aswell?

Nope. Bandits start working in well organised groups and olbiterate bambi packs for easy loot.

Why bother checking the town for supplies when you can ambush a bambi group that carries all the usefull items while having no idea how to behave in battle. Hard hitting zombie won't hesitate to kick your ass but bambi will keep shouting "friendly" and just make sad eyes when you pop him.

Get real people.

Edited by Alsmir
  • Like 1

I wonder if any of you tried trully hardcore servers for DayZ mod. Probably not.

Less loot, super hard zeds = people more likely to group up?

True.

Less PvP aswell?

Nope. Bandits start working in well organised groups and olbiterate bambi packs for easy loot.

Why bother checking the town for supplies when you can ambush a bambi group that carries all the usefull items while having no idea how to behave in battle. Hard hitting zombie won't hesitate to kick your ass but bambi will keep shouting "friendly" and just make sad eyes when you pop him.

Get real people.

Mod zombies are shit though. Worse than Standalone zombies. Also mod is full of admins spawning gear and cheaters. if there were roaming hordes that attacked to gun shot noise people wouldnt be able to get away with blasting a noob in Berezino-they would be engulfed by a crowd of zombies that instantly kill them

Edited by AgentNe0

Do you live on another planet or something?

No he lives on planet earth., where some people actually have humanity and a brain and fight for a common cause

If you researched recent events for example you will see many examples of people been forced to protest or come together in almost anarchic situations against governments etc

Cliven Bundy in nevada,

Ukraine nationalists,

Anti- war protests

Anti Fracking movement in Barton United Kingdom

US anti Fracking movement

World Wide occupy movement

Anonymous

Legalise cannabis protests London 2014

Many more examples of peoiple coming together and forming alliances when times are tough and the shit hits the fan I hope your selfish little attitudes serves you well

Mod zombies are shit though. Worse than Standalone zombies. Also mod is full of admins spawning gear and cheaters. if there were roaming hordes that attacked to gun shot noise people wouldnt be able to get away with blasting a noob in Berezino-they would be engulfed by a crowd of zombies that instantly kill them

Guess what bandits were doing?

Instead of camping in Berezino or Elektro, they we're waiting for example in the forest north of Berezino. Watching through binocs who leaves the town and where are they going, then they shoot them outside of zeds' aggro range.

We need to go from "survival game with Z" to "Z game with survival".

That will give us the common enemy we need.

Guess what bandits were doing?

Instead of camping in Berezino or Elektro, they we're waiting for example in the forest north of Berezino. Watching through binocs who leaves the town and where are they going, then they shoot them outside of zeds' aggro range.

Again see my point above. there shouldnt be an area magically with no zombies. Zombies should be everywhere. Think about Berezino. Each house should have homed 1 or 2 people, possibly 3 or 4. So if you say 2 per house, and theres 100 houses, there should be 200 zombies in Berezino at server restart., More zombies should wander in the wilderness and surrounding area. I think the range zombies should hear a sniper eg. Mosin should be 1000-2000 metres. So if they opened fire outside the town they should have 200 zombies drawn towards their gun shot. They would have to move very quickly and abandon their position or become overwhelmed by raging zombies.

Again see my point above. there shouldnt be an area magically with no zombies. Zombies should be everywhere. Think about Berezino. Each house should have homed 1 or 2 people, possibly 3 or 4. So if you say 2 per house, and theres 100 houses, there should be 200 zombies in Berezino at server restart., More zombies should wander in the wilderness and surrounding area. I think the range zombies should hear a sniper eg. Mosin should be 1000-2000 metres. So if they opened fire outside the town they should have 200 zombies drawn towards their gun shot. They would have to move very quickly and abandon their position or become overwhelmed by raging zombies.

It still would be easier than going to town and sneaking around zeds for 30 minutes.

Gonna copy/paste the statement I strongly agree with most when reading this thread.

DayZ needs to have a threatening environment.

Edited by bonesnap

So what, why don't you meet people in game, and then invite them to a teamspeak/skype/ventrillo channel?

People willing to do more then others generally are more successful the others, and that's as it should be.

Why would I want to do that? I don't actually want to associate with everyone I meet in-game. I don't want to give out my TS info. I don't want to give out my person Skype. The GAME should provide a means for players to adequately communicate without meta-game "cheats".

Isn't it funny how the term "sandbox" game is the definitive term used by supporters of the kill or be killed mentality? You could achieve/take part in a lot more in a "sandbox" game by not killing everyone you come across. When that's all you do, how exactly does it qualify as a "sandbox" game?

It's a horrible how the term "sandbox" is abused by people that play DayZ and don't want team-based mechanics. Some examples of sandbox games include; GTA, Garry's Mod, Saint's Row, Minecraft, Farcry, the new Batman games, Fallout and Just Cause. The term "sandbox" isn't equivalent with "no teamplay mechanics".

• Like 1

It still would be easier than going to town and sneaking around zeds for 30 minutes.

True but only if you are efficent...

Most bandits/kosers I have come accross are not at all.

For example I have been sniper at on many occasions by a mousen and only hit 1-2 times in 5 shots. I live but barely even after two shots thanks to my gear.

The sniper doesn't have to change positions unless I spotted him which typically I do not cause I am focused on taking cover.

Now in a more fun zombie situation said sniper should be forced to haul ass out of the area cause he gave up his position and now is being hunted by zombies from a 360 degree radius of up to 1000 meters from all sides.

If he is on a roof top the zombies should be busting down doors and ascending the stairs.

If he is up a ladder they should flock to he bottom revealing his position.

Ironically assuming I took cover quick enough he should pull in zombies away from myself making it easier for me to escape.

As it stands now some kid with a mousin can sit far outside town with a n and not worry about aggroing zombies at all and pew pew away. His only worry being other players.

In reality this is not how a sniper should operate. They should fire one or two shots and change positions quickly to a place more than 5 feet away for the nearest bush.

Right now we just have a bunch of kiddie campers taking advantage that they can fire off potshots from 800 meters with realitive safety....ruining some of my gear but not scoring any real kills on moving targets.

All that to say zombies also need to aggro and path realistically. Even axing them silently the server seems to be respawning zombies on the oppistie end of the airfield and the ones that respawned to replace the recently dispatched zombie seem to aggro u instantly no matter where they are.

Absurd cause I can often see 3 or 4 zombies closer to me who do not aggro but this newly spawned zombie is on me in seconds.

I even was in the middle of the woods and had killed a zombie just on the outskirts of NWAF and was slowly moving silently deep into the woods where zombies do not spawn normally and they were coming at me from all sides. I kept this up for 10 mins and was very far from any civilization but since I kept killing the replacement spawn zombies they kept spawning in my vicinity and aggroing instantly and rushing me

• Like 1

It's a horrible how the term "sandbox" is abused by people that play DayZ and don't want team-based mechanics. Some examples of sandbox games include; GTA, Garry's Mod, Saint's Row, Minecraft, Farcry, the new Batman games, Fallout and Just Cause. The term "sandbox" isn't equivalent with "no teamplay mechanics".

Exactly. =)

I feel that the argument about focusing more on the environment is the best way to make DayZ an interactive zombie survival experience. Just because a game has a strong environmental focus doesn't detract from the PVP, it adds to it. Think about it: how could being chased by a dozen snarling zombies with no means of defending yourself only to be saved by a random stranger from atop one of the buildings with an assault rifle not be fun? Afterwards you wouldn't know if he was going to let you go, take you hostage, help you or kill you. To me, that trumps camping in a jail in an airfield or a building in Berezino waiting for hapless new spawns to come along only to kill them on sight. Seriously, what's the point/fun of/in that?

A naturally dangerous environment is crucial in a game marketed as a zombie survival. Anyone arguing that is playing the wrong game.

Edited by Grimey Rick