Sign in to follow this  
Pazzmon

Spam

Please do not reply to spam - use the report button on the post and report the user itself, makes it easier.

Please do not reply to spam - use the report button on the post and report the user itself, makes it easier.

We do that everyday now. 

Its quite sad spambots have so free reigns here tbh, nothing is being done to combat it.

I made a suggestion here, if you want to have a look mate.

Is someone going to make a thread about spam everyday now? They're just as useless as the spam itself. Everyone knows to report it.

We do that everyday now. 

Its quite sad spambots have so free reigns here tbh, nothing is being done to combat it.

I made a suggestion here, if you want to have a look mate.

We are trying to combat it.  Unfortunately we can't be here 24/7 and these pesky Indian spambots can be a nightmare to catch, especially since the IPs are not always the same.

Reporting them asap is the best course of action and we will try and terminate asap.

• Like 1

nothing is being done to combat it.

As I said in your Topic previously we do look into ways of blocking spam/bots but this Indian thing is all over the web.

All of the bots this morning apart from one have unique ip addresses, adding *wild cards will not help the situation, they are not auto generated in the traditional sense (they are Real Humans)..

We added a + 3 report tool a little while ago that removed the Topics once reported but it was very heavy on system resources, slowing the whole Forum down to a snails pace, it has since been removed.

We are looking at the possibility of blocking the whole Indian continent (as are other different Forum Administrators) but the ip range is vast and not efficient enough to merit said action.

Please continue to report the bots as you have been doing so in the past, this is the best tool we have at this time, so I thank  those that REPORT and help to keep the Forums clean.

Thanks.

EDIT : 34,685,952 possible ip's !

• Like 3