rocket

DayZ Update 1.5.7

i like the zombies but the respawn rate is crazy i walked from the airfield tower to the hanger and the tower zombies already respawned

I was sitting in a bush, just minding my own business while I waited; and then twelve zombies (I counted) spawned a few feet in front of me. I am sooooooooo glad I was prone...

That's going to help make team play a lot more important now, since going into places in NW Airfield and Stray Sobor (dunno if that's spelled right) will actually kill you if you're not careful, and not just from a bandit sniper in some bush.

Dunno how I feel about the panic thing, but I'm liking the rest of it, nice to see zombies as an actual threat now, rather than just players being the threat and zombies an annoyance.

Yeah there isn't anything wrong with it but one monkey zombie shouldn't panic me.

In regards to the temp is it actually in effect right now or just placeholder.

This. There needs to be at least like 2-3 before your guy should panic.

Also, will there be enough ammo now for the increased number of zombies? It was scarce enough before...

I think panic happens a bit randomly, I love the amount of zombies but the panic effects I'm unsure about.

Happy Birthday Rocket! Amazing game, seriously. Can't wait to see what the future holds for it.

I like everything so far but the only problem I can see is that it feels like there are too many zombies spawning too quickly. Also with the temperature, does that mean at night you are going to constantly be by a heat source? If so then you can't really walk around at night unless you can maybe find like a coat or some mobile heating sources. I know it's not implemented yet but just throwing that out there.

Umm not enough Ammo imo i played it for about 20 mins going into Mogilevka i went in alone there were so many zombies on the street i ended up getting a horde on me fell back into a barn to kill them lets just say 2 others had the same idea we held up there untill deciding to disconnect as we went through so much Ammo i had roughly 100 enfield rounds went through 80 of them and the horde was still coming. Less Zombie Spawns or more ammo even though i doubt you could access it fast enough with a horde of zombies closing in on your position. Though i did see loot spawn as we were killing the zombies though 3 cans of food wont help anyone at this point.

Happy Birthday and thanks for the update!

Some constructive feedback (from a general consensus) - ANZ servers are really having a hard time; a lot of desync and crashing after the update. Were pretty stable beforehand so not sure what's happening. Admins may be looking into it though, but just a heads up.

Zombie numbers are awesome!! Makes you really try to avoid them now and use different tactics. I have had a couple spawn right next to me though, and so have my mates.

Panic sound... Hahaha. Well the recording and sound effect is cool, but just way too annoying. All the guys I'm playing with dislike the whole panic feature. Seems like more features that could cause bugs - I would have left it out but that's just my opinion. Happens too frequently for starters, and is just annoying in general - hard to hear each other speak. I can understand it's trying to promote realistic reactions, but given the atmosphere of the game, we have pretty panicked reactions via voice comms anyway, so I don't think we need a panic feature.

Otherwise, pretty solid patch. New zombie sounds and faces are wicked.

880 Zombies peaked, but settled back to 440 on UK4 now, people reporting "Roaming" too.

Not sure if that's factual but if so, well played Rocket.

Happy Birthday and Good night!

Happy Birthday Rocket!

Regarding the update, there are WAY too many zombies. I'm sorry, but I can't enjoy playing DayZ with this ridiculous amount.

Damn, you were right.

Me and a buddy were in a barn and shot a rifle and literally 15-25 zombies were coming to get us, we hauled ass and logged out.

One thing that still needs fixing is zombie sounds being too close. It sounds like they're breathing down my neck but when I check there's no zombies to be found.

One more thing, is it intended for zombies to be really near when I spawn? There was one less than 20 feet away and it immediately started charging towards me.

Makes me choose safe spots to log off now...

crazy zombies attacked me and a friend in a barn, random italian guy was shooting an enfield and attracted... i kid you not 40-50 zombies, we fought them off and ran for it leaving the italian guy, he was really just making it worse by shooting. thanks Rocket, crazy scary situations now

feeeeeeeeeeeeedback people :) Need to know how it is :D

Still "Banned" because of the Heli Wrecks

btw.

Herzlichen Glückwunsch, nur noch 9 jahre und man darf dich als Alt bezeichnen :D

Who wants to know it Google translator sucks :D

[NEW] Zombie Script converted to Finite State Machine for performance improvement

How great of a performance can we expect to see?

new temp meter is unfinished. it is for weather effects.

panic was added after inspiration of bashur's video... so it needs some work.

Can someone link the video please? TIA

[NEW] Zombie Script converted to Finite State Machine...

Finite State Machine

Splinter Cell flash backs....... Dvorak' date=' is that you!?

Back on topic, this problem is back...

[img']http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/615/arma2oa2012051413180552.jpg

arma2oa2012051413185844.jpg

arma2oa2012051413203293.jpg

arma2oa2012051413215078.jpg

Now I tried to get to what seemed like the originating point to ID the item causing it like with the tank trap/wire previously, but when I got near to the spot the glitch cleared up and there was nothing there, move away and it all comes back. This area had several deployed wire barricades.

Side not about the wire barricades, that are very hard to remove. I have the toolbox but find just the right spot to get the remove option in the menu is... time consuming.

To all the people whining about there being to many zombies, wtf!

You were all saying we need more zombies, we need more zombies and now you have it, it's waa, too many zombies, this is shit waa. I'm sure it's a bunch of 10 year olds playing this mod, seriously.

I would go and play different modes with proper players but oh wait, every single server is dayz.

I love that there are more zombies, not so much the idea that they respawn very fast though

feeeeeeeeeeeeedback people :) Need to know how it is :D

Holy shit. This game just went from "kind of hard" to "Fuck! I'm surrounded!" Hopefully the harder difficulty level will down the amount of solo bandits lurking about just shooting people without any real reason, the incentive to trust people now is much higher now that it's practically impossible to survive on your own, and i think that is great!

Still too few cars, i would like to see an increase in the amount of cars spawning. Possible, add two spots in the Toyota Hilux, where ppl can ride on the back of the pickup, one facing forwards and one facing back, being able to use your guns. Annother idea is to add an m240b on the back of the Hilux, making it the coolest anti zombie technical in the world.

Happy B-Day rocket! :)

Will let you know how badly fucked tomorrow morning.

Roaming zombies are sometimes a bit close to player spawn points, as in you take a few steps and they come running. Their numbers are good too, and they move better too.

I saw some people mention running out of ammo fast, that happen to me too a couple of time, but it could just be because I kept missing their heads.