Sign in to follow this  
Pliskinki

Match Sticks

Hello guys, how are you doing today!?

Well I'm here to post a fabulous idea, and it is!~ Tadããã~ Put the match sticks that are already in-game to work!

The deal is :

So, night time has arrived, the servers don't restart anymore since loot respawn turn into a reality [Oohh~]

You poor flashlight keeps clipping through walls and you don't want to give away your position from kilometers, then you find yourself some match-box! [OMG!]

Then you get the match sticks from it, put then on fire, and light up your way! Even throw the sticks around the area to light up the floor for a while [something like, 10 seconds or less] or better if you manage to find a Ash Wood (that is in-game too) you set it on fire, so you get yourself a shinny and beautiful torch! [Huláhláh!]

And as the Exp. is taking long time to come, put this too on it. I would really appreciate it! Cya next time!

• Like 2

Well, the way the lighting and shadows work, it would be the same. (light sources passing through walls) But I do agree it would be nice.

and I want sticks and stones and chains and whips

I was actually thinking of a way to make torches the other day. I think this could be doable with maybe sticks and rags (torn shirts). But as far of the realistic aspect of it goes, I wouldn't really know. It would be awesome to have something like that though. Lanterns are nice, and I hear the fires are really nice, but I think this option would be pretty cool as well.

I think it should be scaled more around the thought of a desperate attempt to see light as an "on the move" solution. I think they shouldn't last a really long time. You're putting yourself at risk, but at least you can make sense of things if only for just a little while. At least long enough to have a chance to point yourself in the right direction sort of thing. I haven't gone out and actually wrapped a ripped up shirt to a stick to see how long the fire lasts, but I would imagine it wouldn't be that long, unless a low burning fuel were involved. 

Good post. 

Flares are coming, so that's something!

• Like 1

This actually makes me wonder: there IS a gas lantern in the game, with gas canisters that can be used for it, and I've seen reports of people actually using them; so, if the matches don't do anything, how do you light the lantern?

• Like 1

This actually makes me wonder: there IS a gas lantern in the game, with gas canisters that can be used for it, and I've seen reports of people actually using them; so, if the matches don't do anything, how do you light the lantern?

they work as a 'tool', basically a catalyst activating another items. OP suggest they work on their own as a (temporary) light source.

Edited by e47

I was actually thinking of a way to make torches the other day. I think this could be doable with maybe sticks and rags (torn shirts). But as far of the realistic aspect of it goes, I wouldn't really know. It would be awesome to have something like that though. 

I think it should be scaled more around the thought of a desperate attempt to see light as an "on the move" solution. I think they shouldn't last a really long time. You're putting yourself at risk, but at least you can make sense of things if only for just a little while. At least long enough to have a chance to point yourself in the right direction sort of thing. I haven't gone out and actually wrapped a ripped up shirt to a stick to see how long the fire lasts, but I would imagine it wouldn't be that long, unless a low burning fuel were involved. 

Good post. 

Flares are coming, so that's something!

You could have a Rag + Stick = 2-3 minute torch, and add kerosene, So Rag + stick + kerosene = 7-10 minute torch..

Atleast adds a bit of realism. ;D

• Like 1

My real though on this is to have another source of light, when we couldn't find any gas canisters. You know, night time is pretty black on its top moment. So any light source would be just fine.

You could have a Rag + Stick = 2-3 minute torch, and add kerosene, So Rag + stick + kerosene = 7-10 minute torch..

Atleast adds a bit of realism. ;D

This is nice, kerosene should be added to the game too when torches came.

Maybe rag+sticks+alcohol=torch?

Yep,i suppose rags+ sticks could also work but rags+.sticks+alcochol should have increased duration and illumination.

You poor flashlight keeps clipping through walls and you don't want to give away your position from kilometers, then you find yourself some match-box! [OMG!]

Then you get the match sticks from it, put then on fire, and light up your way!

We should spawn with matches only,have the survivor collect sticks from trees(like berrypicking mechanic) along with rags torn from clothing and craft a torch.The flashlight should be made more of a luxury item(of course the clipping to be fixed and it's illumination greatly increased).

• Like 2

they work as a 'tool', basically a catalyst activating another items. OP suggest they work on their own as a (temporary) light source.

Right, I get that; I just didn't know that they had ANY function whatsoever in the game as of yet.