UltimateGentleman

Your funny/awesome moments

Share a funny story or two about something crazy you did in game.

Here's mine.

The other day at the NE Airfield I walked in to some guy who I quickly sprinted away from(he had his gun out) obviously the dude followed me, intent to kill.

Ran round the building we were at and inside it, up the stairs and then for no reason at all got a fracture, so couldn't walk.

Queue minutes of rolling up and down stairs to survive, eventually I went to the tower kind of building and there the guy was under the stairs waiting for me or others, I'm not sure if he noticed me trying to roll in the place but it was a failure so I rolled back a few metres and started shooting him, totally killed him even though he should plainly have seen me roll in to place and not move he managed to miss.

And then after trying to get in the building past the two hangers for like 20 minutes since there was a stick I could make a splint with I went back and this other guy found me, he had a revolver. Walked right up to me as if he was going to be nice, I had an M4 pointed at him.

Must not have known ballistic helmets protect you for one bullet so he failed to kill me with the first shot then we murdered each other.

Respawned like a minute away and got half my stuff back, rest was ruined.

It was awesome, killed two guys while unable to walk...

Anyone else had a similar experience? Having a broken leg in the game can be so intense.

I once broke my leg in the ATC Tower at NEAF, I climbed the ladder down on idk, a 15-20 pop server.
Once I got down I got mauled by like 3 zombies, everything was going wrong, idk if it was just the server lag or what, but everything was going wrong. So I just took out my m4 and sprayed all 3 of em and started crawling towards the prison so hopefully one of my buds could help me.

Just after I'd crawled into the prison, I was looking @ doors, 'bout to shut them and a dude shot me with his nagant in the back of the head haha.
I tried running back but he'd taken my good gear and the rest was ruined from the zombie hits and the broke leg.

To be fair, I've not had any memorable moments so far, I tend to stay away from people in this game, but if I see someone on their own, I'll make small interaction until they endlessly shoot me.

The biggest heartbeat moment was camping in the ACT Tower with a crossbow with a clan of three or four surrounding the building, ended up being shot and killed. No biggy.

135 Hours played and not one kill of a human character. I'd like to keep that record.

• Like 1

It would take too long to explain, but if you would like to see mine check out this video...if you do not want to watch the whole thing skip to 12:50...and watch..it progressively gets funnier all the way to the very end...the end is the best...backstory if you skip to 12:50 we met a guy on a previous server, and he was nice and i gave ammo to him...he left, sever crashed so me and my friends swap servers..we log into explosions around factory and a dead body in a town, we find a guy running around with a gun close by and my friend takes him out...but then he comes back to his body and the funny stuff begins..

Edited by TheDoctorInDayz
  • Like 1

This happened.  :P

• Like 7

This happened.  :P

That is awesome - and will break you from dropping that flashlight when you spawn! (Or playing at night period!)

• Like 1

Funnest moment for me was outside Elektro. I climbed the crane and waited. Just as a few running players got near I supermaned it off the crane almost landing on them. Their reactions were hilarious...

• Like 2

Wow, just saw this thread after making a similar one myself. There's my 3rd "I did what?" moment. 

• Like 1

Funnest moment for me was outside Elektro. I climbed the crane and waited. Just as a few running players got near I supermaned it off the crane almost landing on them. Their reactions were hilarious...

Aw man I'd kill to see that :P

Wow, just saw this thread after making a similar one myself. There's my 3rd "I did what?" moment. 

Looks like I just beat you to it, maybe a mod will merge the threads?

To be fair, I've not had any memorable moments so far, I tend to stay away from people in this game, but if I see someone on their own, I'll make small interaction until they endlessly shoot me.

135 Hours played and not one kill of a human character. I'd like to keep that record.

Nice.

Too many people are just instantly murderers, I try not to be if someone doesn't have a weapon readied or doesn't have a gun at all I'll leave them be, can't take the chance otherwise.

I need a headset though having to type that you're friendly is a pain, you usually start getting shot at before then.

Now that I can survive easily I usually just fight people but saving new spawns can feel so rewarding.

Another experience I had:

The other day I had the decision of "no more mr. nice guy!" because almost everyone in this game just tries to kill you and I used to be nice.

However I spawned and instantly found a pristine hoodie plus a couple of cans of food, walked down the road and there's this black chick running up. So I figure screw it I'll put my hand up even though she had her fists up, she went on her merry way though then I thought I'd go back and be a good samaritan y'know, two cans of food I couldn't even open so why not give her one?

She stopped, I stopped, started typing "Hey, here's a can of food"...then she starts punching me in the middle of the message, hit my twice but I finished the message, now looking like a retard put up my dukes.

Ran round her punching like crazy she must have hit me like 4 times(think she was lagging out) I hit her like 8 times and then finally we came face to face..."You are unconscious" ohhhh! Dammit she's going to kill me!

But then I wake up and she's just laying there on the ground.

A double knockout.

Didn't even know it was possible in the game...

I was going to spare her life for the epic battle but turns out she respawned it's a shame she'll never know my act of mercy.

At least I got a couple of pristine rags out of it, shortly after a zombie caused me to bleed ^_^

Ran THROUGH  a wall on the second floor of a house in town and broke both my legs. Than rolled around through the entire place trying to find one set of sticks to mend my legs with...... XD

Ran THROUGH  a wall on the second floor of a house in town and broke both my legs. Than rolled around through the entire place trying to find one set of sticks to mend my legs with...... XD

It's so awful isn't it? I hop they add the ability to hop soon if only one of your legs is broken you shouldn't have to crawl or roll everywhere >.<

It's so awful isn't it? I hop they add the ability to hop soon if only one of your legs is broken you shouldn't have to crawl or roll everywhere >.<

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/160262-need-medical-assistance-in-dayz-sa-find-your-medic-here/

A double knockout.

Now that is crazy.. would've made a great video :)

Edited by lrish
  • Like 1

Now that is crazy.. would've made a great video :)

Yeah it was such a surprise, I seen some other guy walking around the area too so hopefully he caught the show.

Logged out in the middle of the forrest at the west end of Svetlo. Logged in after the patch containing "new rock formations". Found them immediately because of standing on the only ledge in the middle of a new steep face... 

Edited by Agilov

Funniest moment for me was when myself and a friend were messing around as new spawns on the construction site near Berezinho. Someone started shooting at us, so we tracked him down and ran after him for 25 minutes whilst stripped off. 

Here's a video of it, sped up 6 times just so it's not a ridiculous length:

• Like 1

I discovered how deadly a shovel can be.... At least I can laff about it now.

Edited by ramsfan00
  • Like 1

I was making my way through the smaller towns gathering some food and I see the top of a fire station off in the distance.. so I run up to it and start climbing the stairs. on the top floor I see a fountain of blood pouring down through the ceiling. I hit the mic key and give a "hello? you ok up there?" first time using my mic so I wasn't sure I'd get a reply but I hear "hey! I found a dead guy up here with stuff in his pack!.. come up if you want some!"

still too new and naive to think it could be a trap and I'd only add to his loot collection/body count I glitched through the wall onto the ladder and climbed up.

sittin there over the body is a guy newer than myself, who didn't kos me lol.

we spent a few minutes vultering his pack and decided to team up and see what we could do.

a while later we have some meager supplies and no ammo for guns. we head off to the nearest large city.

goofing off and running around pantsing people, punching whoever got close enough and running from anyone with a gun was fun for a while... then we ran up the fire station tower to the top floor to have a look around and rest a few.

we hear zombie agro sounds and look down to see some geared up dude running up the road.. being clueless like we were we didn't bother to keep guard or even think he might be heading our way... a few minutes later he comes up the stairs, fire axe in hand and starts whacking away...

all I had was an extinguisher and my partner had an axe or shovel, don't remember.. anyway the dude falls down and we're alive! we patch ourselves up and start going through his pack.. a gold mine! the whole time congratulating ourselves.. it was a first kill for both of us!

only he wasn't dead.. and while we're patting ourselves on the back and looting.. the 'dead' guy stands up and takes us both out with two axe swings lol

after a serious wtf?? moment I started laughing so hard it lasted well into my next spawn

Killed a fully geared guy in berenzino with a M4 w/o clip, had one round chambered. 

He got the drop on me, fired off 17 bullets before I dropped him with on in the chamber. 

After I finished swiping his gear he awoke from unconsciousness ; proceeded to cuff him with his own handcuffs.

Broke his leg, bandaged him, then left him in the middle of the street yelling obscenties as I proceeded to trollololol away with all his stuff.

Another time my friend was on top of the factory in Cherno, the one with the bridge thing between two oil stacks. He fell off the top (50-75m fall) and didnt take any damage, survived. His underwear was soiled, but fully intact. 

I was observing with a mate who did this.... Me binocs, him high power scope.

Watching a town see two guys running through... then after a min watch them as they encounter another player who from their actions it looks like they don't know him.

Now this is a critical time isn't it... we all know it.... wouldn't it be a shame if those chaps heard the "zing" of a mosin bullet zipping past them....  Well me matey fired then we watched 3 players all jump at the same time... kinda run round in circles for a few seconds then all split and run in different directions.... I'd of been sure the lone player would of got gunned down by the other two but seems they were all too busy flapping like headless chickens  :D

• Like 2

I was looting the police station in Svetlo, a guy from outside with a russian accent asked that whoever was inside come out without the weapon equipped. Said he would not shoot. I had found a m4 but no ammo that was on my back and a shotgun in my hands. Otherwise I was still pretty fresh, not older that 2 hours. I told him, I would come outside with my shotgun lowered, did not want to drop it. He accepted. Gave him some food, he asked for the m4, said he had ammo for it, told me I could have his SKS with ammo. We went inside the police station, looted it dry, went onto the roof and all of a sudden a second player came up the stairs with a baseball bat. I warned the guy, almost shot the new one, but the one I met before yelled, that it was his friend. I had already dropped the m4, the other guy had already equipped it and I started to feel really uneasy - well even more.

I went up to the m4 guy and asked for the SKS when the other came from the side and started working me with the baseball bat. The first one starts yelling "Stop! Not neccessary, I have handcuffs!" At that point is simply double tap "w", run like two meters, turn around and put both shotgun bullets in the baseball-bat guy. I turn again, run around the stairway while using the one snaploader I had and again put two shots in the m4 dude that was just just trying to get his m4 from the back. Then I congratulated them for the well performed banditry. After that I got my SKS, a pristine green ballistic helmet, most other things were ruined.

I was still new to killing then, that were kills 3 and 4 for me. A made a big mistake by not shooting the m4 guy first, I just acted and the first one comming into view was the bat dude. And maybe one shot is enough on close distance? I really don't know. Then there is the thing about going out in first place, my chances would have been way better just lying down at a good position with the shotgun, but I decided to take the risk, really, my other gear was neglectable, so it was not that hard. If I had chosen to stay inside, I would have never had that great experience. I really think you have to take such chances sometimes, even if you die. It is just way more rewarding than hiding in a bush and shooting someone that runs past and watching the corpse fall.

That incident following a flying Boba Fett killing me convined me to record all dayz gameplay, I don't upload it, but for friends and good memories. Watching your wins and fails and really reflecting about the whys also really helps improve your strategic play, I think. Now I just have to find a way to learn the mosin and LRS gunplay without going to the coast and shooting bambis...well, currently I have an m4, so maybe I'll think of something till I die again.

Edited by bautschi
  • Like 2

Funniest shit I've started doing is messing with the voice.

(Yeah I know it's old and cliche)

But the lion king music over voice while running the streets in your underwear in the middle of a battle zone is always hilarious.

Another good one is simply hiding and scaring the living fuck out of people over voice with crazy sounds or voices.

(Sit somewhere that is pretty active but hard to see unless they're on top of you)

Random sound effects like dog barks or Terminator quotes... Car horns/starting.

You would not believe how many times I've gotten people to scream "HOLY SHIT THEY ADDED CARS! I CAN HEAR IT!"

A few others are my "secret sauce" of comedy. You'll know it when you hear me lol.

A single quote that took down a gang of bandits ready to kill me...

(Best slobbering/vomiting zombie voice I could manage to produce)

"Hmmm the rotten kiwis and disinfectant kinda tastes like Bath Salts... Could I lick your face??!"
While lunging at them in my underwear punching.
They certainly didn't die, but the guns went down and they keeled over laughing.

Sometimes humor will save your ass :)

• Like 2

I walked up behind a guy on a hospital roof and said "Hey buddy I'm behind you. I'm friendly."

He freaked out and ran off the roof.

As he was falling I said "Ok, bye buddy."

lol.. PRICELESS. 

Awesome moment.. running to a place Ive never been on the map, and watching the sun go down. :)

Day_Z_2014_05_02_23_37_30_527.jpgDay_Z_2014_05_02_23_39_14_261.jpgDay_Z_2014_05_02_23_39_37_461.jpg

1900th post

Edited by lrish