twinturbonet (DayZ)

FPS @ 137 in Elecktro?

So I was on Facebook and someone had said they are hitting 137 FPS in Elecktro using Razer Game Booster.  

Now, I use Razer as well and I have a pretty decent rig and I only get like 35/42 at most in the middle of a city.  Plus, my FPS display from Razer looks different.

anyway, can anyone see this pic and tell me what those numbers mean in the top left?  Or maybe that "1" is a forward slash?  LOL  17/37

Screenshot_2014-05-01-10-17-14_zps3b931b

Edited by twinturbonet

All that booster program did to me was giving me loads of ads

Never tried it again

• Like 2

Razer Game Booster doesn't do shit.

http://www.howtogeek.com/171734/benchmarked-will-a-game-booster-improve-your-pc-gaming-performance/

As far as him claiming 137 FPS in Elektrozavodsk... no. I'm suspicious he didn't just press "F12" and upload an actual screenshot. If someone isn't smart enough to know you can screenshot Steam titles with F12, I doubt they're smart enough to tweak their system to achieve 100+ FPS in one of the biggest, laggiest cities in DayZ.

With my computer, I get around 25-40 FPS. I have every tweak out there enabled, my processor and video card(s) overclocked like a mother, with everything on maximum. If I turn everything to minimum, guess what? My FPS doesn't fluctuate, it stays the same. The whole issue is that DayZ uses maybe 20% of my video card(s) and 50% of one thread of my processor. The other threads never see more than 15-17% use.

• Like 5

Razer Game Booster:

FPS: Displays your frames per second. You can assign where you would like the frames per second to appear on your display. With this feature you can benchmark your frame rate between any two points.

Would that be showing 17 FPS with a 137 FPS peak at some point prior to this screen capture ( probably from the loading screen )

Check Benchmarking Hotkey in the Screen Cast section.

I personally dont use tools to make my computer run better - I make it run as good as it can then play the game - all programs are disabled by default so they never sit in the background.

The best way to get your PC to play nice is to make sure you dont have apps/programs running in the background - if it doesnt help you play the game then shutdown the program.

Edited by JohnDMarshall
  • Like 1

Its a fake unless he has like a 50,000 system with everything on low and stuff like max frames ahead tweaked

17 is the FPS. The other number is not FPS.

He (the guy who posted that) is either an idiot or lying. 

Edited by lrish
  • Like 1

Maybe its because  he/she is looking through the scope? and is only rendering in those 3 buildings along with a lot black space from the scope.

if someone else who has used razer GB could chime in and point out exactly what those numbers relate to.

Edited by MartinD

Maybe its because  he/she is looking through the scope? and is only rendering in those 3 buildings along with a lot black space from the scope.

if someone else who has used razer GB could chime in and point out exactly what those numbers relate to.

No.

17 is the FPS. The other number is not FPS.

He (the guy who posted that) is either an idiot or lying. 

He is probably confused.

I can get spikes of over 100fps, they only last seconds and it drops back to the normal 35-50. There are certain conditions that seem to allow it based on my viewing angle and other stuff.

I doubt he was sustaining 137 ever.

• Like 1

Gtx 780 Ti Black - i7 OC'd to 4.8GHZ , max FPS is 91 for me on ultra , in cities highest I got was around 80.

No.

It would help if you would care to explain why not? or are all your posts as pointless as that one?

It used to happen in the mod, never tested it myself on the SA, but I will next time I have a scope.

Gtx 780 Ti Black - i7 OC'd to 4.8GHZ , max FPS is 91 for me on ultra , in cities highest I got was around 80.

Also bullshit. I believe the 91 FPS running around up north as I get around that when I'm stalking NWAF, but you don't get 80 FPS in cities. I'm running almost the exact same rig with two 780 Ti CLASSIFIED cards (I usually just use one for DayZ because the SLI fix is garbage) and an i7 @ 5.2GHz, and the highest I've seen in a city is around 40, on both maximum and minimum settings. If you show me a screenshot, I'll rescind my claim of bullshit. :3

Edited by Grimey Rick
  • Like 1

17 is his fps from razer game booster... The 137 is from another program, i think, it is from overwolf's fps counter... I get about 45 in elektro on razers counter while at the same moment overwolf is showing me 150+... Overwolf cant measure the fps on this game accurately, though i use it for ts

Razer is a good enough program, it wont give you a boost, or increase on fps, but i like to use it since usually im seeding or leaching something... It also automatically shuts down ym, skype and other stuff so i dont have to go about them one at a time

Yea, I basically called him out on it and told him that wasn't his FPS.  Lol, because like the rest of you, I have a pretty decent rig and the max I get in cities are 40.  AND, he was on a laptop...  smh.

Hardly worth the trouble looking at.

Sorry but a blurry selfie is not a good way to show how good your pc runs.

Way more variables are in play.

Screen resolution, game settings (low,mid,high), low or high pop server, combination of hardware&drivers, how stable is the overclock if any is in use,type of cooling in the pc, temps while running the game, +the room temp.

Edited by (DD)DutchB4k
  • Like 1

Nope, unless theres a cray and some custom daisy chain of gpu's running it, he ain't getting those sorts of framerates lol

All that booster program did to me was giving me loads of ads

Never tried it again

Dude I somehow managed to read this as "was giving me loads of aids".

I laughed hard, beans to you.

• Like 1

Anyone who uses Razer Gamebooster knows that the FPS mark is the two little number right before the giant 137.

The poor fucker is really getting 17 fps.. :D  :lol:

Razer Game Booster doesn't do shit.

http://www.howtogeek.com/171734/benchmarked-will-a-game-booster-improve-your-pc-gaming-performance/

As far as him claiming 137 FPS in Elektrozavodsk... no. I'm suspicious he didn't just press "F12" and upload an actual screenshot. If someone isn't smart enough to know you can screenshot Steam titles with F12, I doubt they're smart enough to tweak their system to achieve 100+ FPS in one of the biggest, laggiest cities in DayZ.

With my computer, I get around 25-40 FPS. I have every tweak out there enabled, my processor and video card(s) overclocked like a mother, with everything on maximum. If I turn everything to minimum, guess what? My FPS doesn't fluctuate, it stays the same. The whole issue is that DayZ uses maybe 20% of my video card(s) and 50% of one thread of my processor. The other threads never see more than 15-17% use.

Maybe he took the picture like this because he somehow got the monitor itself to display the number 137 and it didn't appear in the software.

Just like I said before.

And also, you made me uninstall it after reading that.

Even though I never used the "Game Mode" myself, just the system tweaks.
Edited by Bambi Population Control
  • Like 1

I'm not sure what's worse. Thinking a bolt on software program can drive that many frames per second on this game - OR - not being able to tell the difference in 13 vs 137 FPS. Über Fail.

• Like 1

Anyone who uses Razer Gamebooster knows that the FPS mark is the two little number right before the giant 137.

The poor fucker is really getting 17 fps.. :D  :lol:

Every time i use a acog i get like 20-15 frames more did not test how scope works but prob also gives a boost.

17-15=2 :|

this guy must be traped in a low fps.