Sign in to follow this  
Ugly (DayZ)

Shot within seconds of loading

Hi guys. Just want some peoples' opinion on this. Was I just very unlucky or was this a hacker?

Was travelling around NWAF camp, and was in the sand-bagged bunker on east side of tent village. Red chain icon- hurray! Server reset and I'm sitting in military camp!

So I wait my 90 seconds and get connection is lost (I did this to avoid log timer). I log back in, and within literally 5 seconds, I am shot in the back 4 or 5 times.

Was I unlucky enough to spawn next to someone robbing the camp? Possibly.

or, Does this sound "too good to be true", and was I a victim of some hacks or something?

I can't stress enough that as soon as I was able to be killed, I was shot in the back.

Hi guys. Just want some peoples' opinion on this. Was I just very unlucky or was this a hacker?

Was travelling around NWAF camp, and was in the sand-bagged bunker on east side of tent village. Red chain icon- hurray! Server reset and I'm sitting in military camp!

So I wait my 90 seconds and get connection is lost (I did this to avoid log timer). I log back in, and within literally 5 seconds, I am shot in the back 4 or 5 times.

Was I unlucky enough to spawn next to someone robbing the camp? Possibly.

or, Does this sound "too good to be true", and was I a victim of some hacks or something?

I can't stress enough that as soon as I was able to be killed, I was shot in the back.

I could see you logging in during the whole time.. I walked up, applied cuffs but it gave zero f__ks and did not let me. So I shot you.. rambo style.

Body was buried immediately to avoid further infection.

Welcome to the Chernarus Eradication Force. - [CEF] Irish

Edited by lrish
  • Like 1

Yeah, getting disconnected at a military base is very often a death sentence. Better luck next time I guess.

Tough call but yeah seeing your in one of the most popular spots on the entire map pretty good chance you got bagged by some one legit. Its kinda worrying how quick people are to jump to the idea of hacker specially in a case like this were plain bad luck is the most likely situation...

Kinda makes me think 90% of the hacker posts on these forums are anything but hacker..

It happens and is legit. Move along nothing to see.

And just to add, while your textures are loading and youre sitting on a "Please wait" screen, your character is literally standing still, defenseless.

Yeah can the servers get some kind of compulsory 10 min warning . this kind of sh!t undermines the whole experience. Me and a friend were d/c 'ed on a server restart yesterday without warning. When I log back in i am elsewhere down a road been battered by a zombie while the textures still load. By the time my fireaxe actually responds and gets out, i am bleeding with a ruined blue wool coat.

You have no control over the servers and seem to be taking server rental money over looking after the consumers.

-Many servers are blatantly against the rules and kicking people or using pass words

-No one is giving us a warning of 10 minutes to restart- Why isn't this complusory?

Dev Team: Are the rental charges more important than your players?

+1 for server restart warnings!

Saw title

Thought: Don't log out in the Cherno Supermarket.

Read

Bad luck

Edited by The Aquatic Land Walrus

If I am in a base and see someone logging in, I kill them. I don't let it finish the log in sequence. Too risky. I've seen it multiple times. You got unlucky. If it happened to me and the server was restarted, I would consider swapping over to a server that has no players just so I could get to a safe zone. Then again, it's so easy to gear up, it's no big deal to die anymore.

The dev team don't control the servers. Separate rental companies do. But I do agree that warning should be given and I have seen a few servers with it so it is possible

Yes they do. If you go on one of the two providers that DAY Z Standalone officially allow, they have warnings that B. I. Have set them, conditions such as

No Password

No kicking for your friends

No Restarting for Loot constantly

etc etc

go and read all the terms. Then there are loads of servers blatantly doing password and kicking everyone that joins. i read about that everyday.

I am aware that would be hard work to track. But Bohemia could easily put another clause to make servers warn players 10mins before restart. this would be easily to enforce and check.

I could see you logging in during the whole time.. I walked up, applied cuffs but it gave zero f__ks and did not let me. So I shot you.. rambo style.

Body was buried immediately to avoid further infection.

Welcome to the Chernarus Eradication Force. - [CEF] Irish

Oh yeah? Which server was that in? I will accept PM if you for some reason don't want to post publicly

Oh yeah? Which server was that in? I will accept PM if you for some reason don't want to post publicly

Dean.

With.

It. 

Edited by lrish

Sounds like a bad case of Hoti-spot-ospawningin. Many players lurk up in those tents. Even in low 8 people players, I was ambushed by 2 players while looting those tents.

• Like 1

If you happen to get logged in an airfield or other high traffic area it might be safer to just go to a low population server, move to a safer area (ex. a forest) and relog there.

I killed a guy in NEAF a few days ago that spawned in on me in one of those little sheds.