Sign in to follow this  
dyllanepic

Fireplaces by end of april?

In the presentation of Dean Hall at Rezzed he said that fireplaces and cooking would be working in ¨worst case: end of april¨.

Not complaining or anything but did the dev team posted that it would pushed back or??

• Like 2

No, he said and repeated half of april and in the worst case end of april.

Then, last week, he said next update will be at the end of may. We don't have fireplaces yet, so those will be on experimental sometime this month.

• Like 2

yeah, thay said end of april, thay really need to get their shit together now.

• Like 1

no worries....    ist vacation time soon! why should they start big things before goin on vacation ...

(i bet they go for Holiday longer than a month)

dean maybe paying a shitload of Money again to get himself lifted up a higher place by other People!

Edited by brumey

no worries.... ist vacation time soon! why should they start big things before goin on vacation ...

(i bet they go for Holiday longer than a month)

dean maybe paying a shitload of Money again to get himself lifted up a higher place by other People!

So much hate these days its depressing. Why can't people keep the ignorant opinions to themselves. And people wonder why the devs hardly visit the forums anymore and keep to themselves. Well maybe its because this place is becoming a cesspit of immature, self centred and hateful people who do nothing but post bitchy bullshit.

• Like 9

Frankly I prefer waiting a bit longer and get stuff that works when they are puched to Stable... look at the crossbow/bow in Stable right now... all but useless.

• Like 2

Waiting ? please we are in 2014. Time is overrated. We want all and we want it NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

• Like 1

So much hate these days its depressing. Why can't people keep the ignorant opinions to themselves. And people wonder why the devs hardly visit the forums anymore and keep to themselves. Well maybe its because this place is becoming a cesspit of immature, self centred and hateful people who do nothing but post bitchy bullshit.

quite frankly when modders and comunity managers of non-profit projects toil away and produce faster releases that work better then a paid team.. i can sympathize with the angry hateful people.

Like i said before, this is always an issue when developers take a more or less working "free" project like a mod or comunity made game mode or such and try to go full release with it. Many original fans just want a polished version of what the original fell in love with, not a whole new animal. Dean and the team have been ver ambitious with features and pushing the tech, and this is resulting in people becomes somewhat annoyed- especially when many dont even like the design direction to begin with.

• Like 2

I do not agree with you.

Devs follow reddit on a daily base - have you seen the comments they get on reddit?

Here at least you can avoid insults (on reddit and Twitter that they follow there are bad ones) and everybody can express himself without the stupid votes.

That's not the reason they don't follow the forums.

• Like 2

cant agree!

first they Hype us! then we give them Money! then they shut their mouths ....

I JUST WANT A CONTINUOUS FLOW OF INFORMATION OF WHAT THE DEVS ARE DOING!!!  they leave us waiting in the dark! vomiting out Little pieces of Information from time to time! AND the info never appears on the same place!

smetime ist twitter, sometimes reddit, then YouTube, then twitter and then the devblog!

what to do with beautiful looking screenshots of all the new clothes and weapins?!?!?  WHY NOT MAKE A DEV DIARY? isnt this deans Job as a Project leader! manage all the different departments to get them to efficiently work together!

right now its all over the place! imo they are giving too much capacities into village building, texturing and 3d modeling! dont get me wrong here!  i love the art style of dayz. the textures all look deluxe! with lots of Detail and work pu into them.  love it.

but they Need to think over the allocation of capacities!

do we really Need more hats, clothing weapins an so on. when there is game breaking bugs an glitches that Need to be addressed immediately?

they should fixsome core elements first before adding more content imo!

- nighttime Gamma issue

- nighttime lightning issue (light goes through walls!!!!)

- pbo exploiting (making buildings dissappear Client side   YES THATS THE "WALL HACK")

-Zombie pathfinding

-desync

Edited by brumey
  • Like 1

cant agree!

I JUST WANT A CONTINUOUS FLOW OF INFORMATION OF WHAT THE DEVS ARE DOING!!!  they leave us waiting in the dark! vomiting out Little pieces of Information from time to time! AND the info never appears on the same place!

smetime ist twitter, sometimes reddit, then YouTube, then twitter and then the devblog!

what to do with beautiful looking screenshots of all the new clothes and weapins?!?!?  WHY NOT MAKE A DEV DIARY? isnt this deans Job as a Project leader! manage all the different departments to get them to efficiently work together!

right now its all over the place! imo they are giving too much capacities into village building, texturing and 3d modeling! dont get me wrong here!  i love the art style of dayz. the textures all look deluxe! with lots of Detail and work pu into them.  love it.

but they Need to think over the allocation of capacities!

do we really Need more hats, clothing weapins an so on. when there is game breaking bugs an glitches that Need to be addressed immediately?

I do agree that its total B/S that social media and things like reddit get info first rather then them being posted to a news page or anouncement section of that developers' OFFICIAL SITE first. The news page on officcial site should be first and difinitave source for all information from screenshots, Maitenances announcements, devblogs, etc.

• Like 1

I do agree that its total B/S that social media and things like reddit get info first rather then them being posted to a news page or anouncement section of that developers' OFFICIAL SITE first. The news page on officcial site should be first and difinitave source for all information from screenshots, Maitenances announcements, devblogs, etc.

Have you been following the devblog?

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/

Fireplaces are supposed to be coming some time this week BTW.

Edited by Mos1ey

Have you been following the devblog?

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/

Fireplaces are supposed to be coming some time this week BTW.

nice thanks.

but the last entry is 6 days old! also no word on fireplaces

3 weeks agoe they said its coming "next week". some info on why they had to push dat back would be nice!  i really dont complain if the devs give us some info on why they are late! (ITS A FREAKIN ALPHA) but no info at all is just a hoax!

thats the first early Access title i bought! and i really thought "wow cool. be part of making a game. looking over the devs shoulders will be so cool".  i really enjoy the game and dont care if it never leaves Alpha!    BUT THE DEVS COULD BE A LITTLE BIT MORE CARING BOUT THEIR COMMUNITY

cant agree!

What would you like more?

If they hire someone who makes the game evolving, or someone they pay to handle the communication flow?

I'd prefer the first!

Fireplaces will come out when there done. When exactly is that? IDK, but I'm going to be a PATIENT person and wait it out. Another thing is alot of you seem to hate the devs and the game with a great passion...yet y'all stay here every single day...like why not move on then? *sigh* 

• Like 1

Dean did say fireplaces would be in by end of April, however that wasn't a promise date, it was an hopeful date. Unfortunately the more people want new things faster, the more likely things are to break. 

• Like 1

Dean did say fireplaces would be in by end of April, however that wasn't a promise date, it was an hopeful date. Unfortunately the more people want new things faster, the more likely things are to break. 

You are a sparkling man. *nods* +Beans

Just be patient guys, no need to worry, we were worried about when DayZ would come out and now freaking worried about the updates. But just be patient, not every things goes as we want, this is an issue that we all have in life.

And the only thing that the hype on waiting for updates are showing me, is that the game is a great success and you guys are loving it. So you guys wait anxiously for the new stuff to be up and some of us [players] go nuts about it... But, ok, it will surely come to us. And when fireplaces and other great stuff come, it will be awesome.

Edited by Le_yakitoid

watching dayz mods like epoch and breaking point is so depressing because they had all the content that the devs want to incorporate into standalone two years ago already.

that said, standalone probably is the worst dayz game to date. not only because of the lack of content, but also because of all the glitches, bugs and bad performance that makes you thinking some amateurs programmed this mess when in fact it was professional devs

"worst case: end of april" for fireplaces, and it's almost may now. that says a lot about their time schedule. if everything from the roadmap is postponed even further, does that mean we will have the first working vehicles by the end of december 2015 in this game?

they can't be serious. they need to employ even more people or sell this whole project to someone who can develop it faster. because people won't be waiting one year for a complete game when h1z1 is likely going to do everything better next month

Edited by AceQuat
  • Like 1

watching dayz mods like epoch and breaking point is so depressing because they had all the content that the devs want to incorporate into standalone two years ago already.

that said, standalone probably is the worst dayz game to date. not only because of the lack of content, but also because of all the glitches, bugs and bad performance that makes you thinking some amateurs programmed this mess when in fact it was professional devs

"worst case: end of april" for fireplaces, and it's almost may now. that says a lot about their time schedule. if everything from the roadmap is postponed even further, does that mean we will have the first working vehicles by the end of december 2015 in this game?

they can't be serious. they need to employ even more people or sell this whole project to someone who can develop it faster. because people won't be waiting one year for a complete game when h1z1 is likely going to do everything better next month

Why does everyone keep thinking it's easy to make games just because you switch companies or have loads of cash? Why the rush? Back in the day I waited YEARS like more than 5-6 years for a game to come out. Yet, the even greater thing was that people were freaking patient AND they didn't complain like people nowadays. Do people have this "fast-food" mentality or something? If you don't like the damn game then move on, stop wasting precious space and time. For both OUR sake and yours. (BTW speaking in General not 100% directly towards you, AceQuat)

That's not really fair, is it? Those are mods that had most of these features handed to them from the original DayZ mod (as well as the ArmA 2 assets) whereas DayZ SA is being built (and rebuilt) from the ground up for the most part. And, yes, while BP and Epoch have camping, fireplaces, vehicles, etc, SA aims to implement these things in a much more polished and organic fashion rather than the clumsy way they're implemented in the mod ("cow hunting" for example). 

I don't know about you, but I'm thoroughly unimpressed by what I've seen of H1Z1 thus far. The game's cartoonish looking, the graphics are arcade-style, with flat, ugly textures, and the combat footage I've seen is very COD-like. As for realism, after watching highlights from yesterday's 12 hour stream, I'm not seeing that at all. The barricading feature looks like something out of Minecraft, with players placing entire walls and rolls of barbed wire from a few boards in your backpack. Doesn't look very realistic to me.

I also think SOE is being very disingenuous in regards to their game's development.

The argument that H1Z1 is progressing faster than DayZ is unfair, and, while the game's defenders/"fans" are quick to point out all that SOE have achieved in a matter of a couple of months or so (which is what the devs want us to believe, and, IMO, is a dig at the "slow" progression of DayZ), H1Z1 is basically a "mod", where all of the core bits have been developed over YEARS (PS2 took a long time to develop if you remember). Even the vaunted "new" survival elements are being carried over from other SOE games  that share the same Forgelight  engine (the "crafting/barricading" is from the new Everquest game, which was also under development for quite some time). Yes, I'm sure there are devs working hard at creating new skins, textures, etc, but it's not as if this game was built from scratch - the bulk of the work was done in the development of PS2.

Also, I am a retard and can't format a fucking forum post properly. Sorry.... :(
Edited by horrorview

i compare  H1Z1 to a old lada

dayz is just Mercedes!

H1z1 is a joke and all its going to do is flop. I hope so cause that main guy looks like a f**king swindler! lol...omg dayz sold x amount and made x amount...i want on that money train....

i can alreadyt see it.... free to play where all the douchebags will congregate...you think dayz is bad...just wait for that game

I dont mind waiting for this game(dayz).

Edited by artisan661
  • Like 1