Sign in to follow this  
Lampe

Server costs much money! I pay for it!

This servers costs hell of money. It is business model to give the server files
only to some couple serverhosters so that they can lift up the price.

IN GENERAL THIS IS OK FOR ME! Its a great game and im ready to pay 
for it! But,.... What i can not understand!!

If i rent a server for much money (costs more than EUR 50 each month)! WHY can i not say by myself
who is allowed to play on my server and who not!? 

I understand the problem that i can loot good weapons on my server and than switch to
others and shot everybody there, but why is it not possible to give "privat" servers so that the
loot i find is only safed on "my" server!?

I dont like to play with other peoples at the moment due to the reason that there are
many cheaters and hackers out there. I play with couple of guys whom i can trust.

Why should "I" pay much money for a server to make it "other players" able to play this game????

Sorry, but i dont get it!!!!

there are several rant threads about this issue.

I totally agree with you mate.

You pay for the bloody expensive server. and should do what ever the hell you want to do with it.

Because it is alpha, it will change when they release the game. If you don't like it.... wait.

If they are private servers it makes it much harder to gather the required info they need. At the moment it all goes to the central server so they can just pull info from there. If there were private servers they would need to pull info from all over the place. Pretty damn simple really.

Because you could loot farm like crazy using our won server. Basically, you'd be paying money to win the game.

• Like 1

Thx for your reply!
NexVentor: This is a point which i can not 100% agree to: 

On my example: If the server hoster will shut down my server, i will not rent a game server again till the game is finaly released.
You will say: This is OK! Somebody else will rent it!

But: If it is OK that not me is renting the server, WHY CAN I NOT GET A PRIVAT SERVER? 

So or So they will not get any Data from me and my server: a) there is no server or b) there is only a privat server
+++

@Colekern: With a privat server the loot is safed only on that 1 server only. You can not take your loot to other servers. This is what i want. Playing on "MY" server with "MY" players only.

There are no private servers at the moment.

Regardless of that, the money you pay to RENT a server doesn't mean you can do whatever you want with it. You are renting a server and have to abide by certain stipulations that are imposed on by that GSP, simple.

Renting anything you have to abide by rules, so I'm not sure what the issue is. 

R.Neville: That is 100% clear to me! 

Think! Im "not" saying: WHY IM NOT ALLOWED TO BREAK THE RULES!

Im asking: WHY ARE THE RULES SO STUPID AND UNFAIR!

I only want to play this game together with my buddys! Without Hackers and Cheaters etc... 
On official Servers, where every idiot can join, this is not possible. So why can i not

decide whom i allow to play on the server for which i pay money!?

Its pretty simple, adding private hives does not assist the development of the game, so it is lower in their list of priorities.

Play on aussie or canadian servers no hackers there.

DONT POLLUTE THE PRECIOUS CANADA NO

You will have to wait until a Private Hive solution is proposed in the future.

(Not as soon as you would like but sooner than you expect)