GenericSurvivor

Your most frustrating moments.

So I just created this to hear peoples stories, for a bit of a read. 
Have you ever had a moment, in DayZ that just made you so damn angry?
I've just had an experience like this. I was in that new unnamed town, you spawn in, west of Svetlojarks.
I spent a good half hour just looting and gearing up. When I finished, I headed east towards Svetlojarks, with everything I needed; including a green&black camo Mosin. I decided to pop into a barn, to see if I could find a lantern; I found one! I was delighted, knowing I have everything I need! But of course in DayZ...everything good comes to an end. I turned to head down the stairs; and boom. I dropped down, after the glitch made me walk in air, instead of walk down the stairs. Dead.
However, I was extremely lucky, and I spawned in the same town! I decided to head down to the same barn, to pick up my gear. When I arrived, my body was there, with everything! But of course again...everything good comes to an end; my body was un-lootable. The anger took me, and my finger hit ESC and down to disconnect, and from disconnect to exit; Effectively rage quitting. 
The glitches in the game, are far more frustrating than anything else. Yes it is Pre-Alpha, and yes they are to be expected; but that doesn't mean we can't share rage stories! The falling glitches, the fall damage levels, the zombies through walls, and the zombies hitting you when they strike in another direction, are the most frustrating in my opinion.
So folks! Share them stories! I could do with a good pick me up, laughing at other peoples misfortune! 

I get frustrated whever i shoot a zombie, they just wont stop spawning, then making you bleed then ruining your gear. When The day zombies are perfect (arent invisible, fixed respawn mechanic, dont go through objects, good aggr system, harder to ruin gear, etc etc) ill be soooooo happy,

Edited by DropBearChick
  • Like 3

meeting up with my group on a high pop, extremly exited of the gunfights we will have. entering town "you are dead"

yeah i fired no shot, wasnt careful enough, sniper got me :/

Edited by newguyzombie
  • Like 1

I get frustrated whever i shoot a zombie, they just wont stop spawning, then making you bleed then ruining your gear. When The day zombies are perfect (arent invisible, fixed respawn mechanic, dont go through objects, good aggr system, harder to ruin gear, etc etc) ill be soooooo happy,

Yeah that too! A zombie claws at you once, when you have a raincoat+chest pouches...Boom everything ruined. The damage mechanics are a very big problem, and nobody is shining a light on it.

So I just created this to hear peoples stories, for a bit of a read. 

I've just had an experience like this. I was in that new unnamed town, you spawn in, west of Svetlojarks.

I spent a good half hour just looting and gearing up. When I finished, I headed east towards Svetlojarks, with everything I needed; including a green&black camo Mosin. I decided to pop into a barn, to see if I could find a lantern; I found one! I was delighted, knowing I have everything I need! But of course in DayZ...everything good comes to an end. I turned to head down the stairs; and boom. I dropped down, after the glitch made me walk in air, instead of walk down the stairs. Dead.

However, I was extremely lucky, and I spawned in the same town! I decided to head down to the same barn, to pick up my gear. When I arrived, my body was there, with everything! But of course again...everything good comes to an end; my body was un-lootable. The anger took me, and my finger hit ESC and down to disconnect, and from disconnect to exit; Effectively rage quitting. 

The glitches in the game, are far more frustrating than anything else. Yes it is Pre-Alpha, and yes they are to be expected; but that doesn't mean we can't share rage stories! The falling glitches, the fall damage levels, the zombies through walls, and the zombies hitting you when they strike in another direction, are the most frustrating in my opinion.

So folks! Share them stories! I could do with a good pick me up, laughing at other peoples misfortune! 

Was playing epoch and had built up a massive base in the woods, the area was remote, and nobody came to check me out... until a while after I was finished, a bunch of guys trucking shit along to their base came across me, decided to try and raid me later on.

So I was doing shit in my hard worked on base, and had basically finished it when I hear a few cars. 3 cars came by and 4 guys came out, I wasn't shooting yet but they never tried talking to me. ( i was kinda new and had really only encountered a few people, as I was sneaking supplies along to the forests and stuff, getting in and out really fast.)

I wasn't really watching, but I heard them drive away after awhile, I went to go check and they were really far away from me.

Then I died after I heard an explosion.

Bye bye, base.

I have plenty of SA stories, but this is an epoch story. Maybe I'll come back after more people post and tell my betrayal story.

Was playing epoch and had built up a massive base in the woods, the area was remote, and nobody came to check me out... until a while after I was finished, a bunch of guys trucking shit along to their base came across me, decided to try and raid me later on.

So I was doing shit in my hard worked on base, and had basically finished it when I hear a few cars. 3 cars came by and 4 guys came out, I wasn't shooting yet but they never tried talking to me. ( i was kinda new and had really only encountered a few people, as I was sneaking supplies along to the forests and stuff, getting in and out really fast.)

I wasn't really watching, but I heard them drive away after awhile, I went to go check and they were really far away from me.

Then I died after I heard an explosion.

Bye bye, base.

I have plenty of SA stories, but this is an epoch story. Maybe I'll come back after more people post and tell my betrayal story.

Hold up...betrayal story? DayZ betrayal storys are awesome! 

i got decynced… thats it

Desyncing, then rubber banding back to where you stared, and having "My clothes are damp with blood" on the screen, and a zombie clawing your nutsack off. 10/10 - would rage again.

• Like 4

Desyncing, then rubber banding back to where you stared, and having "My clothes are damp with blood" on the screen, and a zombie clawing your nutsack off. 10/10 - would rage again.

thats exactly what happened to me, i would give you beans, but i got none ATM lol

Edited by DMentMan
  • Like 2

thats exactly what happened to me, i would give you beans, but i got none ATM lol

S'all good, DMan. Have a bug/glitch free day!

• Like 1

Have a bug/glitch free day!

well thats going to be hard  :D

• Like 1

Frustrating? Oh yeah. Not being able to unsay "no" in the moments between a bandit asking if I had any ammo in my SKS and him shooting me. I thought he'd said "for" and was too new to the game to realise what was coming next.

Ah, well.

• Like 1

I do, when people keep on posting the same topics over and over again without using the search function.

Hold up...betrayal story? DayZ betrayal storys are awesome! 

So I started playing DayZ SA for awhile and I had just moved from Epoch after about 2 months of downtime for me.

I was in Balota, fully geared, TTSKOs, 2 medkits (one filled with bandages, other filled with blood bags and IVs.), 2 ammo boxes (45ACP + 7.62x51.), 2 protector cases (Food and shit.), a mosin, a revolver...?, aviators, boonie hat, and gas mask.

Heard SKS (keep mixing M4 and SKS up for some reason.) fire, decided to hide in a bush near the westernmost part of the airfield, near the prison building. After waiting for a good 10-15 minutes, guy pops out near the hangers, axing zombies, He's running to hit one just beside the prison building, I want to hold him up real bad, so I shoot the zombie before he can axe it. He runs into the prison building and I run to the door. I tell him to put his weapons down and he does. Drops SKS, pistol, and fireaxe. I tell him to go into the corner under the stairs, he does it. I walk in with my magnum to him and empty his weapons, tell him he can have them back. I have to go, so we both leave, go into tree and log out.

Next day, he brings friend. Seems like nice guy, so we take trip to NW, stop in vybor for food and water. Friend says he's having trouble with his inventory, drops his waterbottle on the floor. I go to pick it up, and his friend takes out his M4 and blows my brains out. Defriends me off skype and steam aswell.

I wasn't mad, wasn't sad, just very disappointed. Nothing worse than feeling disappointed. Usually means the person didn't live up to your standards and you thought better of them.

Betrayers are the worst types of players in DayZ, but what can I say? Where would DayZ be without them?

• Like 1

So I started playing DayZ SA for awhile and I had just moved from Epoch after about 2 months of downtime for me.

I was in Balota, fully geared, TTSKOs, 2 medkits (one filled with bandages, other filled with blood bags and IVs.), 2 ammo boxes (45ACP + 7.62x51.), 2 protector cases (Food and shit.), a mosin, a revolver...?, aviators, boonie hat, and gas mask.

Heard SKS (keep mixing M4 and SKS up for some reason.) fire, decided to hide in a bush near the westernmost part of the airfield, near the prison building. After waiting for a good 10-15 minutes, guy pops out near the hangers, axing zombies, He's running to hit one just beside the prison building, I want to hold him up real bad, so I shoot the zombie before he can axe it. He runs into the prison building and I run to the door. I tell him to put his weapons down and he does. Drops SKS, pistol, and fireaxe. I tell him to go into the corner under the stairs, he does it. I walk in with my magnum to him and empty his weapons, tell him he can have them back. I have to go, so we both leave, go into tree and log out.

Next day, he brings friend. Seems like nice guy, so we take trip to NW, stop in vybor for food and water. Friend says he's having trouble with his inventory, drops his waterbottle on the floor. I go to pick it up, and his friend takes out his M4 and blows my brains out. Defriends me off skype and steam aswell.

I wasn't mad, wasn't sad, just very disappointed. Nothing worse than feeling disappointed. Usually means the person didn't live up to your standards and you thought better of them.

Betrayers are the worst types of players in DayZ, but what can I say? Where would DayZ be without them?

Maybe you didn't live up to his standards and he decided it was time to terminate your arrangement :p

Maybe you didn't live up to his standards and he decided it was time to terminate your arrangement :P

Doesn't matter to me anymore, that was a month ago.

It at least helped me remember why I play alone, and why people are temporary around me.

I have another story that's sort of like this one, but more in my favor, will edit it in soon.

Edited by Dr.Burd

Today I learned that zombies are no longer a one shot with a fireaxe...

• Like 1

Today I learned that zombies are no longer a one shot with a fireaxe...

And with the wood axe it takes 3-4 hits to the damn head to kill a zombie.

Damn...how can people be that cold?!

• Like 1

Every time I open a fucking door.....

;)

• Like 1

Damn...how can people be that cold?!

Get that cold by being frozen.

Become cold enough to freeze other people.

Edited by Dr.Burd

I axed someone who wanted to join our "Group" at the time for beign anoying and running up to everyone screaming "friendly". Dude called himself Jesus and had the worst english accent ever..i axed that anoying fucker...too bad i couldent crucify him.

I found a way to vent my Frustration. :D

I axed someone who wanted to join our "Group" at the time for beign anoying and running up to everyone screaming "friendly". Dude called himself Jesus and had the worst english accent ever..i axed that anoying fucker...too bad i couldent crucify him.

I found a way to vent my Frustration. :D

U...U...U KILLED JESUS

So this wasn't frustrating for me, but probably for the bandits I was with.

So I wanted to see how it would feel to betray as I was betrayed. I wanted to infiltrate a bandit group.

I was shootin bambis along the coast on a 40 pop from the hills of berezino, eventually saw a pair of bandits who also came to shoot bambis. snuck up on em, but one of them saw me first, got me to put my hands up, asked me if all the bodies were because of me, said yes. Joined their group having the idea that the agreement was temporary. We were heading to NWAF and stopped in vybor again to get food and water. They were eating and drinking, I was supposed to watch. Had the feeling they were going to shoot me whilst I ate.

So one of them, a squeaker said to me and his friend: "I hope they implement vehicles soon, I hate running."

I turned around, as I was watching outside the window and they had their backs turned to me. In the most epic voice I could muster (It came out sounding like I was about to have a nervousplosion) I said:

"No legs, no problem."

Then I blew the kids legs and lower torso off with my M4, and shot his friend in the head. They both fell. Checked the pulse of the one guy, he was dead, checked the pulse of the one I shot in the legs, he was alive, so I finished him off. I had my microphone toggled this whole time so I was laughing really hard while looting their corpses. Couple of guys must have heard me because they came in with shotguns and blew my face off.

I then respawned on the shore, still laughing.

Ha.

I call this one: The Punisher. I should've caught it on video, it will never happen to me again, not in a million years.

Punisher_logo.jpg

Edited by Dr.Burd
  • Like 2

Yesterday, I got attacked by some guy with a shovel. I had a machete so I just had to hit him once or twice to make him bleed and then I ran off. He didn't have any hits on me at that point. I ran for a good 5 mins and he followed. I thought he was weak enough at that point to end it and I ran into a house, onto a stairs in the house. He again followed and I laughed at his sheer stupidity of thinking he can win this.I was higher on the stairs I had pretty much headshots only with my machete and I believe the machete hits faster as well. He was basically hitting my legs with a shovel. After I had 10 headshots with the machete and he about 6-7 hits on my legs... I was onconscious. The guy hit me 6-7 times on the legs to knock me out, while I let him bleed out for 5 mins at the least (3 places where blood spurted out of his body) AND had 10 headshots on him.... Luckily I woke up with a dead bandit at my feet, but I was pretty frustrated when I was hit unconscious, especially since I was near Elektro

Yesterday, I got attacked by some guy with a shovel. I had a machete so I just had to hit him once or twice to make him bleed and then I ran off. He didn't have any hits on me at that point. I ran for a good 5 mins and he followed. I thought he was weak enough at that point to end it and I ran into a house, onto a stairs in the house. He again followed and I laughed at his sheer stupidity of thinking he can win this.I was higher on the stairs I had pretty much headshots only with my machete and I believe the machete hits faster as well. He was basically hitting my legs with a shovel. After I had 10 headshots with the machete and he about 6-7 hits on my legs... I was onconscious. The guy hit me 6-7 times on the legs to knock me out, while I let him bleed out for 5 mins at the least (3 places where blood spurted out of his body) AND had 10 headshots on him.... Luckily I woke up with a dead bandit at my feet, but I was pretty frustrated when I was hit unconscious, especially since I was near Elektro

Unconscious because of blood loss, or being hit in the legs?